Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
abnormal blood work

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

abnormal blood work

I am a frequent poster on the breast cancer site. I come here to ask about my husbands blood work after he got his physical report this week. He has always been healthy. Here is what the paper work said.

ALT    45 High

Cholesterol 215 High

Triglyceride 258  High

Neutrophils 47.9 Low

The physicians notes says: Labs OK except for mild elevation in ALT (one of the liver function tests) - could be from weight gain. But he has not gained weight. They said to return in 3 months. I guess the reason I am so freaked out is because I have a brother dying of liver cancer. Can someone tell me if we should be concerned and/or what any of this means?

Thank you so much.
HI,
My best advice that I can give you if you want to research what these mean is to use a good search engine, or even I think look on here for the different kinds of blood tests.
Please do not interpret too much or what not because sometimes things are mildly elevated, or other things can be tied in together. But, another thing, It is sad that I am saying this maybe, but I am going to be very honest. If you think something is wrong and you and hubby have trouble at one place, you can always get a second opinion. Search for lab tests and results online. At least then you can kind of get an idea if nothing else what the tests are for. I am sorry about your brother. I wish the best to you and your family. I wish the best to you , and for dealing with what you are dealing with having to be strong. My prayers are with you and your family, and hopefully your hubby is fine :) HUGS
SickbutEmpowered - Thank you very much. It is very hard right now. Watching him and dealing with my own dianosis. I will take your advice and look around.