abscess? groin
Hi i was wandering if anyone could tell me if an abscess on the groin area was supposed to disapear completely or not, as i had what i would call an abscess on my right hand side of the groin it was only pea shaped, then grew bigger and started pussing. This was about 6 months ago now and it is still the size of a pea it dosent give me any bother but i have been feeling unwell for a while now, like dark bleeding between periods, lower back pain, lower abdomen is quite sore sometimes bout everey 5-6 weeks this comes on and sexual intercourse is tender and sore on the inside, at the cervix and on my lower abdomen, im just wandering if these might be connected in any way. All of these symptomsjust flare up now and again but is making me feel that something just isnt right. Thanks, julie xxx
I would recommend a Pelvic Ultrasound to rule out anything serious. The "abscess" might not really be an abscess, but a enlarged lymph node. Get it Checked.
yes your abscess should go away you may need antibotics to clear it up
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Yes, the symptoms are connected. What you have is probably a groin lymphnode. Swollen lymph nodes in the groin could be due to STDs (e.g., gonococcal infection, herpes simplex virus, syphilis, chancroid, granuloma inguinale, lymphogranuloma venereum etc), infection in foot, dermatitis in pelvic area, boils in pelvic area etc.
Various causes of pain during intercourse are UTI and vaginal infection or vaginitis, a tight vaginal wall, sores at the mouth of vagina or vestibulitis, vulvodynia or a dry vagina, thrush or fungal infection, rough sex, in first timers, vaginal tears, Pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, pelvic tumors, cervical and uterine infections and tumors. You can discuss these possibilities with your gynecologist. A PAP smear and a STD panel must be done too. Take care!