Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
aching all over

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

aching all over

I have been having issues off and on for the last year or so but it's been daily for the last few months. My body aches all over....shoulders, neck, back, legs, arms and feet. The worst pain is in my shoulder blades and legs. My boyfriend massages around my shoulder blades and it's really tender but at the same time feels so good. After the massage the pai and tenderness are still there though. This pain starts within half an hour of getting up in the morning and gets worse as the day goes on. Sometimes I ache so bad, I feel like I could just fall over and I sometimes feel like I'm starting to waddle when I'm walking because of my legs hurting so bad. I'm also very tired all the time, yet when I take a nap I wake up still achy and sometimes feeling even more tired. I don't feel like I have the energy I use to (I'm 30). I have tried drinking more water, eating more bananas, taking ibuprofen, and drinking mountain dew but I can't seem to get any energy from anywhere or stop the achiness I feel. Just the other day, I came home from work(my job is physical) and slept for 4 hours.....felt like I had been hit by a semi....I still felt really tired after my nap and went to bed for the night 4 hours later and slept all night only to wake up and do it all over again. I don't have to be doing anything for the aching to start. I've been laying around most of today but I can feel pain in the back of my neck and shoulders and a burning sensation in both my legs and feet. I will avoid going outside if at all possible when it's cold out because I simply can not stand it (I use to be able to stand the cold) and usually wear a jacket and a blanket at all times in the house. I get cold very easily but no one else in my house seems to think it's cold in here. The circulation in my hands and feet seems to be poor...they always feel like ice even with socks, shoes and/or blankets on them for awhile. I don't get headaches too often but when I do, they seem to come from out of the blue. About a month or so ago, I had a tooth pulled and my dentist prescribed hydrocodone for the pain. I noticed when I took the medication, the pain wasn't nearly as bad in my body but I don't want to take those pills everyday. I'd rather find out what's going on and get the problem taken care of.....any input to my situation?
I forgot to add that once I sit down to try and relax then get up again I feel like everyting is tightening in my body-stiffness I guess you could say...I usually don't get up as fast as I use to and I have to try and stretch a little right when I get up before I start moving...I use to just blame this on getting older but now I am starting to wonder
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you have whole body ache, tiredness, difficulty in getting up from a position, test for anemia, hypothyroidism, low Vit B12 and low Vit D, and diabetes first. If nothing is found abnormal, then sleep studies need to be done to check if you have the correct patern of sleep. If this too is normal then fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome should be looked at. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for your suggestions...I will bring those up when I get in to see my doctor
I have been to a doctor for my pain and other symptoms. He ran blood tests to check my rh factor and started me on 15 mg mobic/day. The blood tests came back ok. The mobic didn't seem to help at all. So now he's thinking I may have fibromyalgia. He told me to stay on the mobic (which I decided to stop taking since it didn't seem to help at all) and also started me on Savella. I have been taking it for about 5 days  now and I'm noticing tremendous relief! I'm not at the full prescribed dose yet (50mg twice daily).. I started on 12.5mg for a couple days and I'm now on 25mg twice daily. While I'm not at 100 percent, I do feel much better since taking it...people can touch me without it hurting....it's great! I don't feel as tired as I use to and seem to have a little more energy. I wake up in the morning feeling like I actually slept. I'm not really noticing many side effects from the medication. I would say the most noticeable was in the first few days of taking savella, my calf muscles seemed really tight but that's getting better. I've noticed a decrease in appetite which I consider good for me because I use to always feel hungry and could eat a lot (I've gained 29lbs in the last 3-4 months). I'm going to stick with this treatment and see how well I do once I'm taking a regular dose on a regular schedule.