acid cough
Hi, lately i have had symptoms of a regular cold and or flu. However i have also been feeling like vomitting. Recentyl i woke up in the night wiht a foul taste in my mouth and when i coughed it tasted like an acid gas, i felt like i had t throw upp and hurt going through my oeophagus....what can i do
I do this, its acid reflux. Try tums and if they dont work talk to your doctor about getting on something a bit better to keep the acid down.
You might get a referral to a GI (gastrointestinal specialist) since your symptoms involve pain, as they may want to do an EGD (where they send a thin scope down to look at your esophagus, stomach and the first part of your small intestine, the duodenum) to check for damage to the lining, etc..

Liquid antiacid was recommended to me by one GI doctor over chewable type because the liquid coats the area.  (I also take prescription pills for acid reflux.)
Hi, definitely go to a GI doctor- I have been struggling with symptoms for years and the symptoms are just getting worse. Hopefully if you start treating it now, you will feel better soon!