Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
alcohol

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

alcohol

I get goosebumps after every shot of hard alcohol i take... why?
People who have thyroid or diabetes illness, are very susceptible to alcohol.
Have you any underlying medical condition?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It could be due to alcohol allergy. There is a possibility that you are intolerant to gluten (Celiac disease). This gluten is found in malted barley, which is used to make beer and some hard ciders. Some beer also contains wheat. Other beverages sometimes made from wheat, rye, and barley include vodka, whiskey, gin and bourbon. The allergy to alcohol or to coke even can be due to preservatives, coloring agents, yeast used for brewing, sulfites, gluten products in the alcohol or even to grapes and other bases. You need to go for an allergy testing for the ingredients of the beverage you take to know what you are allergic to.  It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I am bipolar but other than that no other medical conditions i am aware of.  
doctornee medical:  I do not have the same reaction to coke products.  It is only after a shot of liquor.  
That is fine. You can have allergy to either.