Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
anxiety stress physical symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

anxiety stress physical symptoms

i have anxiety extremely bad my current symptms are scaring me because there new so if anyone out there has simular symptoms or other anxiety symptoms please post your story i think it will helpme and others to accept and cope with this disorder latley ill be driving or walking and out of the blue my arms will feel heavy along with my head somtimes my whole body feels this way othertimes its just my head and arms i feel so tired and weak somtimes along with my lips tingleing heart skips beasts shortness of breath feeling faint episodes naseouse ive had tons of tests and seen the doc plenty they all say anxiety the only abnormal test was my testosterone was very low and my prolactin was a little high hormones any way when i get my weak heavy arm episodes i can still drop and do 100 pushups if you have any input or sugestions plese respond i am a father and a husband and my family needs me any of your posts would help my recovery
im a girl and im 19
this is all anxiety related bordering on panic attack
some people can get really tired while having anxiety, the tingling is related to your blood pressure that usually goes up with anxiety, along with heart beat etc. also during "fight or flight" your body pumps most of your blood to your arms and legs; you also may experience stomach ache from the body wanted to flush the bowels- all these symptoms served a purpose back when we were cave men/women- but not so much now; your wiring is just messed up and you would do well with the right antidepressant, usually SSRI's. It could make a world of difference. Along with coping/behavior therapy and changing your thinking patterns during an attack. And exercise makes a world of difference for anxiety sufferers. even if you feel tired your body still needs to release restless energy
babygal did you post your age and sex here for a reason?
im not on meds yet thanks 4 your post pum those were good tips i might start paxil tonight or lexapro what do u thinks better lex or paxil?
Chin up.  Please try and trust the doctor and the test results.  They see 100s of people and are really very good at their job.  It does you no good to think, what if.  Cognative behaviour therapy is excellent for health anxiety.
Are you on any medications? Paxil can defintely give those heavy/weak arm symptoms but of course so can panic attacks.
You will get over this.  Meditation, excercise, listening to music, being kind to yourself can all help.  Try and focus on your kids and keep busy so you have less time to focus on every little physical symptom.  Also, if you have a partner, get them to agree to only hear about your symptoms once a day at a fixed time and you are not allowed to mention them until that time.

Good luck.
I probably have insect bites on my legs and I scratch them, so the doctor and psychologist told me that it is probably anxiety. I did something that help at FIU that help me a little bet, but I still feel like picking them even when I know it is wrong to do.
what do you mean you will try one or the other? you were prescribed these meds and not taking them? or you have acces to them and they were not prescribed to you personallY? no do not take anything without a dr to give them directly to you and monitor your use of them. pleasee dont take it upon youself to self diagnose or self medicate as it can be very dangerous. there are different meds of course for different types of anxiety, depression ect...and to take the wrong one could be devistating to your mental health. call your dr and talk to him about what would be in your best interest.
Take your doctor's advice on which medication to take.  I found paxil great but it's not for everyone.  It is most important to remember you could get worse initially and that it will take up to 3 weeks to work.  That is why you need to have close supervision from a doctor.  Some people have bad experiences (at first normally).

Good luck.
babygal go home to daddy. There are people here with real problems. Good night little one.
I suffered from anxiety/panic attacks a few years ago.  I could not believe what was would happening to me.  I literally felt as if I was going to die.  It culminated with a rushed visit to the ER, I thought I was having a heart attack.  I was cleared by the cardiologist and was relieved.  My doctor prescribed XANAX for whenever I felt an attack coming on.  I would take one-half of a .25 pill.  I also cut out all caffeine, except for chocolate.  My attacks gradually decreased.

I did so much better.  Within one year, I stopped the attacks completely.  I don't carry XANAX anymore and I know that I could have another attack, but, I know that if I do, I will be okay.  

Reading good material about panic attacks also helps you understand what is happening and therefore helps you not fear them so much.  I also read books written by people who are professional entertainers who dealt with them.  That is helpful too.  I was so terrifed that I would be forced to live with them, but, I didn't.  Have faith that this can be managed or eradicated.
My son is 13 years old and as of 6 months ago he started having symptoms.  The symptoms consisted of...first he would have total vision loss, then he would have chest pain with rapid heart rate and towards the end he would feel like he HAD to take a deep breath.  It always ended with a migraine headache.  I have been to cardiologists, neurologists, he has had an eeg done and it showed an abnormal reading, they said they thought it was seizures, but now they say, they are not sure that it could also be underlying stress.  They are running more tests right now.  He has had sometimes up to 10 separate times in one day that these symptoms happen to him, even when he is sitting down watching t.v.  Any info would be helpful right now.  Thank you so very much.
I have been feeling sick 4 the past 2 mths now. I've been doing some research online on different diseases. I went 2 the clinic & I took an HIV test. The results came back negative. I continued 2 feel sick so I decided 2 go to the emergency room. I was there 4 5 whole hrs & all they could tell me was I had a yeast infection. I have very bad headaches, I feel nausea but I've only had 2 vomit once, I get dizzy & I feal faint, I have hot sensation feelings running through my body, I'm always numb in my feet, hands, & the left side of my body, I have constant fevers that won't go away, I sleep all the time & I c things that aren't really there. I don't know whats going on? I am so scared right now. I feel like I'm not going 2 get the answers I'm looking 4. As I sit here & type this message, I'm feeling so bad. Sometimes I think I'm going 2 die in my sleep. I've never felt this way. It just all of a sudden happened & it won't go away. I don't know what 2 do?
I too have been feeling sick for about 2 months.  I have really bad numbness and tingling in my feet, hands and some other places.  I am often tired and sometimes feel like I am in a dream and not present.  Sometimes I feel like I am going to do something crazy.  I feel hot sensations too and I think I have something terribly wrong with me.  I have been on Lexapro but no big improvement.  Taking Xanax helps a bit.  I feel bad even when I am relaxing.  I am going to a neurologist in a few weeks for tests because I am scared I have MS.
I also have been feeling pretty crappy since about April.  My grandfather died in March, my boyfriend got a DWI in April, and 2 weeks after that, his dad died.  I work full-time during the week and part-time on Saturdays and I'm a full-time college student.  I had a panic attack the night of my boyfriend's dad's funeral and I thought I was having a heart attack.  My parents rushed me to the ER and they ran tests and everything came out fine.  The doctor told me it was anxiety and that I was "burning the candle at both ends."  I have had minimal success in curbing these awful feelings since then.

I constantly have a headache, and even if I don't have a headache, I feel like my head is tingling, almost like pins and needles.  Sometimes it feels so heavy I wonder if I can lift it.  My chest always feels tight, and if it gets bad enough, I feel like I can't breathe and I am constantly taking deep breaths.  

I feel like I'm going crazy.  I've started seeing a counselor, but sometimes I get so frustrated with the whole thing that I just want to sleep and let someone else take over my life.
That sounds great - having someone else taking over your life.  I wish I could do that too.  I cannot imagine anxiety is doing all of this to my body.  I don't feel anxious but yet I have pins and needles all over my body right now.
I think many of us have had anxiety since we were young but have not realized it.  It sounds like you already were burning the candle at both ends when you were working and going to school full time. I go to work half time and school half time so I wont have these problems but still do. I have been in this fight or flight mode for so long that the massage therapist can feel it when I try and get  amassage. I say try becaise I can no longer fully relax. She recommed I see a acupuncturist. I tried for a few months to no avail. He said he could see what was wrong but I was way too sensitive to the needles and they would give me real bad pain (nerve pain shocking thoughout my body) when inserted so he was limited what he could do. PLEASE DO NOT take any meds unless your doc prescibes them  and dont mix them unless he knows what you are taking.

The one thing that has helped, although it does take time is a program from the Midwest Center. I saw it on an infommercial and bought it (expensive at $500) but it does relax me at times and full of peoples experiences and practical ways to releive this anxiety by things you can think about and do. After paying thousands for tests which show nothing is wrong with me, I know I have to take control of this and cannot be pinned down by it. I learn to pace myself and not overdo it. Youve got to make the most of the time that youre here.
The symptoms you have seem to be exactly like the ones I've been having, and I am a perimenopausal woman.  I went to the emergency room 4 weeks ago for possible heart problems (it turned out I didn't have heart trouble) and the attending doctor prescribed Atavian (anti-anxiety drug) and told me to get follow up from my regular doctor, no arguments!  I have a appointment with my regular GP this week and will probably be given antidepressants.  The sex hormones may be a factor in these symptoms.  That, plus traumatic or major changes in one's life probably accelerate the symptoms.  Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that it's very unpleasant, and I will find out how to stop it, but I haven't died from it yet!!!!!
I can still walk 3 miles with no trouble.