anxiety symptoms
I've posted here before and now I'm back with a question.
Is it common that anxiety symptoms are with me 24/7? And they\ve been with me for a couple of months now - changing from tim to time, but almost always present regardless of how relaxed or stressed out I think I am.
I have anything from headaches, to muscle aches, difficulty breathing and swallowing, pins and needles in my left arm and leg (not from hyperventilatng though) etc?
I have read quite a lot about anxiety, panic attacks, etc, and I still have a hard time accepting the fact that this is whatis wrong with me, but I also know I am facing quite a challenge in terms of overcoming tese symptoms which are quite possibly in myhead.
Needles to say that last night I had another attack and despite my attempts to manage it at home I got to the ER (the ativan i was prescribed and that I have been trying to stop using did not help at all as 3 hours after the attack started I was still shaking and hyperventilating, feeling like I'm about to faint etc).
I'd appreciate if someone who knows more about these kinds of situations would get back to me.
Hi Alex,

I'm sorry you're going through this.It sound's like anxiety disorder,which I know you have a hard time accepting.There are different medication's that can help with anxiety.I suffered with anxiety myself,along with panic and depression.And I have to say,that getting on the right medication was important along with talking with someone(a therapist) which helped me get to the root of the anxiety symptom's.I know that anxiety can last for hour's and without the correct treatment,it will make you depressed.Going to a psychiatrist to get evaluated for the right medication's is important to starting to feel better.There is nothing to be ashamed of.So many people suffer with anxiety. I don't suffer with anxiety attack much anymore.I found this(seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist to be very helpful for me.I can do more than I have ever been before.I hope this help's.
Hi Alex,

Yes. i have had severe anxiety for the past 20 years. Long huh?  you know what?  the symptom are varied and can dissapate increase and disappear altogether only to be replaced by a new set !  That is how they work!

If you have ruled out heart and  brain illness then you  need not worry because you wont die from this. You just need to manage it or reduce it by  accepting it is there  . adding worry causes further anxiety increasing the chances of recurring symptoms or new ones!

I now have little or no attacks now compared to like a few daily!  I did that with meditation and will power!  Being positive and saying to yourself this wont control me! Not letting it bother you or control how you plan your life will make them fade like ice on a hot tin roof! :)

cheers
Thank you both for your kind words and for your encouragements.
Guardian07: 20 years is a long time... I've only had this since July and I feel ... exhausted by it.
Ladylove57: I have been prescribed lorazepam/ativan to take as needed, and lately I feel like I need it more and more ... but then I think that it's a highly adictive kind of medicine and I try as much as I can to stay away from it ...and  it's so darn hard. In terms of seeing a therapist - I have been to one twice, and I'm not a quitter, but this guy just isn't what I need, (in our sesions I have learned more about him than the other way around... I guess it's time to look for a new one).
I don't like to complain, but I feel that by sharing mythoughts and feelings on a forum such as this one "lightens my burden" so to speak.
For the past couple of days I've been having this constant feeling of restlesness, my whole body is buzzing, I can't seem to be able to relax. I force myself to do things, to keep busy so I can put this out of my mind, but it doesn't always work.
I wish there were some magic bullet for this, a treatment that would 100% work - unfortunately I know that's not the case.