Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
arm numbness and pain

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

arm numbness and pain

Sometimes when I cough, my arm (sometimes both of them, but mostly the right) hurts around the elbow area and goes numb from the elbow down to my fingers.  The pain/numbness usually lasts for about a minute or so, but it's such an intense pain that it feels like forever.  It only happens once in a while, but enough that I'm worried about it.  I've also noticed that it usually happens in the morning.      ?????
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The numbness and pain can be due to a pinched cervical nerve. Since you feel the pain more in the morning and on coughing this could be the reason. The other possibility is that the ulnar nerve is getting trapped at the elbow when it is kept at a certain angle as happens while sleeping. Consult either a chiropractor a neurologist regarding this. You may need to get nerve conduction studies done.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!