arms and chest hurt extremely bad when i sneeze
Ok, so I'm sick with the flu right now and everytime I sneeze, my upper chest muscles and arm muscles from my shoulders down to my elbows hurt unbelievably bad.  Even after the sneeze, the pain lingers for a long time.  I can't figure out what it's from, I've searched around online and all my searches turn up blank.  Anyone have any idea what this is from?  If it's serious or not?
You may have pulled a muscle(s) in your chest during your illness.  My sister (32 yr old in great physical health) broke a rib during a severe chest cold.  If it continues I'd see my doctor.
I have had the same pain in my chest and arms, but mine didnt come when I was ill.  I was also wondering the same thing if it is serious or not?  It is mostly my arms that hurt.  I have had this for over 2 years now.

Has a chest xray been done to rule out any rib fracture, chest infection, or air in the pleural space?

There could be several causes of the symptoms you are having including a muscle pull, injury or trauma at the site, chest infection, etc.

Do you have any associated symptoms?

You should apply some local pain relief medications, take some oral pain relief medications, maintain a proper posture throughout the day, try some warm compresses.

You could take some antireflux antinausea medications and see if they help with your symptoms - this could be pain due to reflux or GERD.

Consult the doctor if the symptoms persist and discuss whether you need to get any investigations including a chest xray and ECG done.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Regards.

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.