autoimmune disease?
For the past two years I have been suffering with some kind of illness that the doctors can't diagnose.it started in may last year with severe  fatigue and flu like symptoms.the doctor did blood tests,it came back saying I had slightly enlarged red blood cells.after a few Weeks my red blood cells returned to normal and I felt well again.in the September my mensuration cycle went crazy,I was menstruating every other week and it hurt to have intercourse.the doctor repeated the previous tests,again i had slightly enlarged red blood cells, along with these symptoms, swelling in the right side of my abdomen, pain and severe thrush.in January I started getting inflammation in my joints and pain in my muscles.basically I have been suffering with flu like symptoms on and off in all this time.I have hair loss in the nape of my neck, constant blood in my urine with frequency to go, rashes on my scalp, mottled rashes on my knees, dark brown patches under my eyes, peeling skin on my hands, recurring thrush.I've had various blood tests to test for sarcoidosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus all of which are normal except for one that showed slight inflammation.i've had scans on my kidneys and bladder and a CT scan all normal as well as various blood tests.i'm currently waiting to see a dermatologist to determine if I may have an allergy to something.i'm half Jewish and my soon was born with reflux of the kidneys and I've recently found out he's had a low white blood count since birth due to lack of  vitamin D3,I wondered if there may be some connection between his health problems and mine.as a child I suffered with joint pain in my hands and ankles and had small lumps form under the skin around my ankles.I also had swelling in both my feet as a child.my mom never took me to the doctor about it and after soaking my feet in epsome salts it reduced the swelling.at 13 I got a rash down my neck and arms. at 16 I kept getting swollen glands and a fever.
I would think that it's autoimmune unless a fever was present
I tend to feel like I have a low grade fever with no temperature.
I agree with blondie, does sound like Autoimmune, all the best with it I too suffer from it as well. My doc still having problem coming to term with mine, still unsure what the cause, I have Polycytheamia Vera, which is to many red blood cells in the blood, also have to much Iron. god know what that really means.
If I find anything out I will let you know as it may be a clue to yours.i'm seeing a specialist in February.the urologist seems to think it may be something vascular.