Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
autonomic disorder?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

autonomic disorder?

this is in relation to an earlier post i made at the start of the year. with addition to original symptoms i was diagnosed
with an underactive thyroid of which the tsh level was 91.6. dose has been increased over the months and am now on 125mcg of levothyroxine. although i realize my thyroid was severely compromised my tsh level is now 5.2 but i feel no better. a list of some of my symptoms are:
TINNITUS
FATIGUE
SLOW WOUND HEALING
VERY SLOW METABOLISM
NOT PASSING STOOLS FOR DAYS
SHALLOW BREATHING AT TIMES
IMPOTANCE
MUSCLE TWITCHING
SHOOTING PAINS IN HANDS AND FEET WHEN RELAXED/LAYING DOWN
i did have the odd day or two of slight remision in the last 10 months but the two doctors i have been with since this ordeal tell me they cannot find anything untoward in my blood tests. can a blood test alone be enough to discount anything else. for all the research i have done( and there have been many months!) the things that keep showing any resemblance are signs of autoimmune disorders, neuropathy, maybe cardiovascular problems. but for whatever reason the doctors are not keen to refer me to a specialist. what could this be and what tests should i be asking for.
yet again would be so grateful for your input.
thank you!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You could be having multiple endocrine gland involvement. One such possibility is Schmidt's syndrome: adrenal gland failure and hypothyroidism coexist in this. Generally this involves a low pituitary gland function in the brain. Also generally where multiple endocrine glands are involved, it could be an autoimmune process. This is the primary hypofunction or decreased function of the gland.
In secondary hypofunction, either the glands are not stimulated or are directly inhibited. This form of hypofunction is reversible and the glands begin working normally again if the stimulating hormone is supplied or if the inhibiting hormone is removed. This is generally seen in problems of pituitary gland.
I am sure the specialist will run some tests or go through your existing test results and based on the results will be able to sort the problem out. You have to push to see an endocrine specialist. It can also be Hashimoto’s thyroiditis which is an autoimmune disorder. However in 10-15% cases of Hashimotos the test comes back normal. Hence other thyroid antibodies such as antithyroglobulin (anti-Tg), and to a lesser extent, TSH receptor-blocking antibodies, thyroid-stimulating antibody and cytotoxic antibody should be tested for. Also the tests should be repeated after 3 months. Take care!
to add to this just before xmas i relapsed and had severe difficulty breathing. went to a cardiologiist had a 15 min treadmill test which was fine and  says that there is nothing
significant there although i recieved a results letter that says my estimated ef is 38%.