bad cut on finger wont heal
hello I cut my thumb with a new knife about a week ago the cut is about a inch long and a few cm wide It was a sliver of skin I cut off when I was cutting flowers for Vanentines Day I was helping at my friends flower shop, It took about two days to get the bleeding to stop.I cant seem to get it to heal, I suffer from a low immune system I have been keeping it clean and using antibotic cream (neosporine) on it it is painful non stop. I have kept it covered. Im am at at a loss.I have health insurance  however I have very high co-pays. so I dont know what to do. what should I look for to help me heal this.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If it is a deep cut then that will take some days to heal up, need pressure bandage so that the cut edges come close or it may need wound cleaning and stitching. Otherwise there is a chance that you have diabetes which is slowing the wound healing. You need to show this to a doctor. Take care!
have you tried maybe butterfly bandages (butterfly stitches) they can be bought at longs or walgreens it keeps the cut held together and closed so it will heal thats if its deep you should try it and see how it is after a week. as long as its not infected, red or swollen it may just need time to heal.
first get a p.p.o. Insurance Or medical & medicare thats the Best.   And Buy Hydrogen Peroxide in 99 cent stores it heals Big Cuts Little ones are for Neosporan