Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
bad taste in mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

bad taste in mouth

i have a bad taste in my mouth and sometimes it's metallic.  i do wear a partial plate and have done so for several years.  it is made of metal.   could i be reacting to this all of a sudden?
1 Comment
Thanks for the post!

Yes, bad taste in the mouth could be due to the metallic plate, over the time reacting with the acid in the mouth. However it also be due to caries, pus in gums, pus where the plate is set, post nasal drip, sinusitis or foreign body. Some drugs too cause a metallic taste in the mouth.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss this with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!