Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
ball in wrist..?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

ball in wrist..?

My cousin was watching tv with me. She is 40 yrs old. And she was just feeling around on her wrists I guess, I'm not too sure though. But she has some kind of little ball in her right wrist and you can even pick it up through her skin and it's wierd... but please repy, I would love to know what it is.. Thanks.
Could it be a lipoma?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In all probability what your cousin has is a ganglion (cyst) or a neurofibroma. Both can cause pain in the wrist joint. A ganglion is a sac-like swelling or cyst formed from lining of a joint or from a tendon. A neurofibroma is a collection of nerve and fibrous tissue. If they are causing pain and pressure symptoms they need to be removed. Please consult your PCP to start with and get a referral for a surgeon. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!