Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
beeld

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

beeld

I have a very interesting case:  I was hospitilised after having a abscess on my lung.  I was on strong antibiotics, despite this I got cold fever with fever running into the 40,   The doctors cannot figure out whatn is happening to me as blood tests shows that I have a bacterial infection.  Before getting sick ( fever etc) my nasal drip starts, then I the glands in my neck are sore  1000mg 2x a day)(usually just the one side), then I get this bad taste in my mouth, sweating and my chest is burning.  X'rays are clear of any lung problems, and I have been in and out the hospital the past month.  Despite using strong antibiotics, I still feel sick. What could be the problem?  Could the nasal drip be responsible to poisen my body?  It does not make sense to be on antibiotics and then I still get high fever, and feel sick.  

Please help me as I cannot stand this anymore.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If you have a viral infection like EBV or infectious mononucleosis then antibiotics will be of no help. So test for this infection. It can be any other viral infection, dengue, H1N1 and all these will not respond to antibiotics. Fungal infections in the body too can present similarly and need to be identified by scratch tests for fungus. A variety of drugs can cause drug fevers. Many cancers too cause recurrent respiratory infections.
Many parasitic infestations and worms increase the eosinophil counts in the blood and thus cause an increased risk of upper respiratory infections.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Avatar n tn
Thank you.  This morning my upper back (shoulders) are sore.  I am swetting and it seems that the pain is back.  I was tested for cancer and the dr could not find traces of cancer or TB..  I have been on Augmentin SR for the past month.drinking 2 in the morning and two at night for the first 7 days, thereafter 1 in the morning and one at night.    I have to see the one dr tomorrow as I have been treated now by 2 specialists and the one who treated me last week, in a months time..  A CAT scan was also done, hence the abscess and treatment.  I came out of hospital again for the second time on Friday, after having high fever - (it always start off with cold fever)  I was then again put on a drip with Augmentin antibiotics.  So far so good, no cold fever anymore.  I was also treated with Cortisone during my stay in the hospital.  What if it is a parasitic infection?  How does one treat this type of infection?  
Avatar n tn
Hi just to say that I have a cold out of the blue started 15 min ago.  Also have a headache.  How long must I be on antibiotics