big lump left temple
I had a really bad migraine for about 5 days, still not feeling all that great, but now I have a lump on left temple.  First my vien popped up, then this crazy thing, and it is really sore.  What is it!

This discussion is related to Pain in left temple and upper neck; strong pressure on left temple area..
Is your blood pressure elevated?  With a days long migraine and a new sore lump popping up to boot, please see a doctor today, even if it is an ER doctor, to try to abort the migraine and examine the lump, etc.
please go and have that looked at! it is best to be safe!
One possibility might be "temporal arteritis", inflammation of the artery at the temple.  Several years ago my mother experienced severe headaches and pain in the temple area which radiated to the top of her head.  It took us 5 trips to ER to finally have it diagnosed.  Prednisone was the cure.  
My advice is to go to the doctor or ER to have it properly diagnosed.  
thanks,  I went to my dr.  who called ahead to ER and talked to ER dr and both agreeded I needed a cat scan but when i got there I waited in lobby for 4 hours before being called back.  then i saw a P A not the ER dr (even had instructions from my dr)  and the PA told me it was just a busted blood vessel.  gave me a pain shot and sent me on my way.  Yesterday I went to my dr in chicago for migraines and she totally agrees with you!  so now i have to go back to my dr here and then another trip to ER.  Just more wasted time.  If they would just stuff right the first time, and listen to the people things are happening to and the drs who are sending them there er wouldn't stay so crowded.
I'm sorry you're having to jump through so many hoops, but I'm glad it seems at least now you may be on track to get the help you need!
Pamma- echoing LIH, I am happy to hear you are the right path to getting the right kind of help! Best of lcuk and health for you!
I haven't been on this site for awhile and thought I'd check in to see how you're doing.  The first four times, my mother was sent home from ER with very strong pain killers (and the last time had a CAT scan).  So glad you were finally diagnosed and I hope you recover quickly!
well i had my ct said there was nothing wrong! but lump is still there and i'm just wondering if they even knew why i was there. nurse called and said everything was fine but if you keep having migraines you need to go to a dr lmao  i told her i was there because of the limp and vien she was oh well its ok to  so i give up!  Thanks for asking!