Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
black vomit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

black vomit

i been vomiting black stuff for two days now not sure what it is   if anyone would know  or have anyadvice please reply ty
This might be blood.
If the stomach bleeds, as in an ulcer, and the blood is digested by the stomach acids, you would vomit what looks like "coffee grounds."
Please call your doctor and get an appointment.
You need to be examined.

If you start vomiting bright red blood, this would be an emergency.....get to the Emergency Room at the hospital right away.

Bookmark this page, so you can come back and let us know how you are.

Carol

Vomiting of blood is called hematemesis. The source is generally the upper gastrointestinal tract.Causes may be lying in esophagus,stomach or duodenum like bleeding ulcers,varices, Mallory-Weiss syndrome (esophageal tear),inflammation of any of the three, irritation or erosion of the lining of the esophagus or stomach, vascular malfunctions of the gastrointestinal tract and tumors of the stomach or esophagus.

Sometimes,it may be due to vomiting of ingested blood after hemorrhage in the oral cavity, nose or throat.

I feel that you should consult a gastroenterologist as soon as possible as hematemesis is an emergency.You need investigations to find out the confirmatory diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you all are doing.

Hello i called my Doctor she told me to go to emerg i went today they did blood tests and not too much else they told me they think it was old blood that i vommited   the blood tests came back normal except for my liver enzymes are very high and he told me to go see my doctor and follow that up and also told me to come back if i vomit again  , thanks for answering me  i will keep yous informed