Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
bladder pain/abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

bladder pain/abdominal pain

Every morning, very early, I wake up with what I will call bladder pain.  A very strong urge to urinate- feels like my bladder is bursting.  I have always drank alot of water, and I always void before bed.  Even if I retire late (midnight or later) - I still will wake as early as 6 with a NEED to urinate.  This has happened every day for two weeks now.  I have never had this problem before.  Otherwise, no pain when urinating or no urgency.

I am also having generalized abdominal pain that comes on suddenly and very strong, then subsides within a minute or two- until it happens again. Tends to be on my left side, low.  I have back pain as well- (hard to diferentiate as I have had many compression fractures and other fxs- long history of back pain)-

I have many existing health problems- adrenal insuff, dmII, severe osteoporosis, hypothyroid, ?SLE, just to  name a few.  

Any help?  Thank you!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since you have adrenal insufficiency and pain, it is necessary to rule out diabetes insipidus which causes volumes of low specific gravity urine. Kidney stones, bladder infection and diabetes mellitus or high blood sugar  too need to be ruled out.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Woah... that sounds identical to what i've been trying to tell doctors for a while now... but my PCP just looks at me like i'm crazy. See below text in quotations for the email i sent after they wouldn't call me back... So in my experience, it MUST be related -- 4 doctors told me that abdominal problems could not cause shooting lower back pain and leg numbness... but i always had extreme abdominal cramping immediately prior, and spent the next day puking... AND it was always my left side that had constant dull pain -- kinda feels like somene put a rock in there -- sometimes it is dull and smoothe, and sometimes a sharp point hits. I FOUND THAT ICING THIS AREA FOR 15-20 MIN HELPS TREMENDOUSLY.... It was most beneficial when i rotated icing back and my left upper abdomen. I know heating pad feels better in the short term, but ice is much better for helping long term pain.

Have you found any doctors that help????

" Dear Dr. Short,

I would really like to have a full physical and additional x-rays on my abdominal region to follow up on the 6 cm by 3 cm radiodense mass noted by separate two chiropractic radiologists (refer to the radiology report I faxed your office last week). WakeMed ultrasound demonstrated normal gallbladder and no life threatening condition observed. Ultrasound tech said my stomach was extremely full, which was odd bc i had barely eaten in 2 days. I was referred to WakeMed GI, but their first available was mid January. I am not opposed to having GI testing prior to the appointment…

I have had intermittent sharp abdominal pain, vomiting, distension (visible even when stomach empty), and a constant dull pain on my left side. Oddly enough, this resurfaced a few days after I resumed working out at the gym (which also started the last set of lumbar/GI problems). My lumbar pain is manageable and can be relieved by taking pressure off the region (laying with legs propped for a couple hours). I have taken Zofran for nausea at least 2-3x per week for over a month... My stool is now in the form of dense pellets with mucous.  

These intermittent sharp pains (mid/right) and constant dull left pain began concurrently with lower back problems (and apparent leg numbness, though no tests can explain reason) – all occurring a couple days after resuming intense workout regime at gym. My back pain is now tolerable with ice/gel packs (~3 hr/day) and voltaren.  

I have stopped all medications except for voltaren (diclofenac gel) and Zofran, as needed... in hopes to alleviate abdominal discomfort -- still unsuccessful after a week.  Applying ice pack to my left upper abdominal region is the only thing that helps – as it (strangely) relieves my lower back pain more so than directly icing the lower back.

Additional weird symptoms: My stomach always feels full... I can go 10+ hrs during the day without urinating, but I wake up at least 3x per night and use the bathroom… I also wake up soaking wet and shivering fairly often as well. I change shirts and go back to sleep."
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
i think you might have a weak bladder and your bladder becomes so week that you need to go all the time. symptoms include needing the loo alot, lower back pain, sometimes feeling sick after lower back pain and also you could get a little or alot of urine come out onto your underwear. i have suffered for many years of bladder weakness i was in nappies scince the day i was born until the age of twelve years. over the years my bladder has got better but i suggest you speak to your doctor more about this. you can be put on medication to controll your bladder such as amatriptyline. you could have a water infection and your bladder wants to go more to flush the infection out of your body. you may also be suffering from diabetes. many people in the world suffer from diabetes without realising it especially in the uk and the usa. symptoms include frequant urinating, drinking alot, feelling dizzy, hot, sweaty,sick and sometimes tingling in the body. if you have any of these symptoms ask your doctor to test you for diabetes. if you are on any medication you may be having a side effect so talk to your doctor. i hope i could help you  in some way. please write back and tell me how it went. good luck. feel better soon.