bleeding from ear without pain
Hi, my niece (she is 12 years old) has been suffering from bleeding from ear. It started suddenly from Jan '06 from right ear. She didn't even know at that time and family members noticed that. She is not feeling any pain at all. It started happening twice daily to 3-4 times a day.

It's bleeding at irregular times intermittently. Blood is not coming from deep inside the ear, but from where we can. However, we couldn't the source of bleeding and it looks to be coming from the skin. When cleaned with the cotton, everything looks very normal.

ENT specialist also confirmed that there is no ear infection. Peripheral smear test was done and the result was negative for any immature cells. Haemogram/CBC was done and doctor confirmed that all results are normal.

She underwent "coagulation work up" test also, in which all results appear to be normal. However, doctors noticed that VWF: Ag:52.7%, VWF:RCo:48%, FVIII:C:57.6% (Blook Group:O ) factors appear to be on borderline low normal level, but for now ruled out Von Willebrand disease. This test was done on 01-Feb-06

From yesterday, bleeding started from both ears also. Please advise of any medication for this. Thanks for your time.
Are you using anti-septics (especially aerosols) in the house... such as Lysol Spray?  Eliminate these for a while and see if it improves.

I had problems with my ears for three years (including infections and bleeding), and was about to get tubes inserted for it, and I finally discovered it was Lysol Spray causing the problems.
It started bleeding from nose now. And also, noticed of red lines in eyes. Now little bit worried on how this leads to.

Thanks for your comment. No such anti-septics being used currently.

Unexplained bleeding can be a presentation of leukemia. Has she had her CBC done. Even if she has had tests done, it would be good to repeat them to see if the #'s have changed, considering the problem is getting worse.