blood after brushing teeth
I have seen bright red strings of blood on rare ocasion when I gargle after brushing my teeth.  Should this be evaluted?
you probably have Gingivitis it is inflammation of the gums (gingiva). Symptoms: Bleeding gums (blood on toothbrush even with gentle brushing of the teeth
yes, i would see your dentist.
Just dont brush too hard go to the store and buy some mouthwash without alchohol you will be fine this happens to me all the time
You have gingivitis, which is a manifestation of periodontal disease, generally caused by plaque. If it continues you can count on tooth loss.

You have to see a dentist and get a thorough tooth cleaning. Then follow his/her instructions, paying meticulous attention to daily brushing with a soft brush, flossing and using warm salt water to "swish". In severe cases medication is presribed.

If caught in time, your gums will return to normal.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If it happens once in a while, then check your toothbrush. Either the bristles have lost their alignment or you are brushing too hard.
Vitamin C deficiency, inflammation or infection of gums (gingivitis), pus in gums or pyorrhea (less chances in your case), and tumors or cancers of mouth also result in bleeding.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!