Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
blood and puss filled bumps around the vaginal area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Dr. Who ever
For a couple of years i have experienced blood and puss filled bumps in my pubic hairs. Sometimes I bust them and sometimes they hurt too bad to bust but they continue to bleed.They don't bleed badly but usually leaves blood and puss spots in my under wear. They disappear and return frequently. Recently I noticed the top of my pubic hair changed colors.(a greenish gold looking color.)I've had this problem before I lost my virginity so I don't think its an std maybe it could be can you please help me or is their any body out there experiencing the same problems as me. If so please help!!!!
these are probably boils, but you need to see a dr.....try cleaning them with betadine liquid until you see someone.
good luck
If you've ever shaved, it could be in-grown hairs.  I sometimes get  small whitehead type things with red circles around them that look a lot like in-grown hairs on my legs from shaving them.  Good luck
I am a 25 year old male with the same problem. I have had this problem before I lost my virginity...however no change in pubic hair color is visible. I too beleive this is not an STD. I do not shave my pubic area, therefore I have no clue what could cause this. If one of these bumps are broken...pus, followed by blood is present. I simply just try and wash the area as much as possible...because for me, sweat seems to be a major factor in these outbreaks.
i have the same problem i know its not a STD because i have it since i was a virgin teenager. mine occurs around the back of the ears, then one or two on the pubic area(never returned) then recently, i'm having a lot of em on my face... i dont know what's it called so anyone who could give a little light on how to cure/prevent them would certainly help.
This is most likely Hidradenitis Suppurativa.  I have had it since I was 13.  It usually begins with the onset of puberty and affects the adult sweat glands.  It is often characterised (especially in the beginning and with the larger ones) by "bridge scarring."  This resembles two small "pools (indentations) witha  raised "brigde" of skin in between.I had them under my arms, all over my breasts and in my groin.  Now I just get a few under my arms and in my groin once and while (I had the underarms excised and a breast reduction.  The former didnt work yet the latter did THANK GOD).  But then, I am on antibiotics everyday.  The severity varies with the patient.  It often gets better with age.  

ps.: It took me two yearsa nd a myriad of foctor to finally diagnose this.  It was a dermatologist who finally todl me, "Oh yes!  I know exactly what this is!  Unfortunately, there is no cure."  Great.  BTW...  It is consiodered an "orphan disease" and is listed as a disability.  If you have it bad enough you will be approved for SSI/SSD.  

Hope this helps.

Kieblan~
I also have it and don't believe it is an STD. Mine occur around the vaginal area. Sometimes they get rather big and tender and refuse to pop since there mostly filled with blood. I also get them in my armpits, but those are mostly pus. I've had them since an early teenager. But they have been gone for a while. It seems I only get them when its hotter out, could they be caused by sweating? IDK but its awful and embarrassing.
ive had the same problem i am 13 years of age and i am sexually active before i lost my virginity i was itching alot i didnt know what happened it stared when i was 12 years of age i wasnt goin to the doctors because i was so scared i discharge alot and i always thought it was an STD so i havent had sex so its good to know that im not the only one with this problem
I have had the same problem since I was a young child.  I'm still a virgin so I don't think it is an STD either.  I get these bumps on my vagina and they swell up and nothing but puss and blood oozes out.  Sometimes they hurt and sometimes they itch.  When they bleed on my panties, they make a scab and when I go to pull down my panties to use the restroom, its like ripping off a scab and it starts bleeding all over again.  I have no clue what they could be and I have not been to a doctor.  I thought I was the only one that got these.  THANK GOD there is somebody else.  I would always look up the signs for Genital Herpes and Genital Warts thinking maybe I contracted it some other way then sex.  If you find out exactly what it is, make sure you post it because I need to know!
I have the same problem. I've had mine since i was like 13. I 16 now and still have the same problem.I am sexually active and have been ever since I was 14 years old . I thought I was the only one with this problem. sometime it hurts and when I was younger I used to try and bust them to see if there go away. But, they didn't they only get worse and started hurting.So now it goes away and comes back. I really wanna know what it is but I'm scared to go to the doctor cause  I hate neddles. I need help.
what you're experiencing are in grown hairs. they come from shaving the pubic hairs, the only way to prevent these is to NOT use razor blades. instead use hair removal creams, or hair clippers to shave. the razor doesn't cut the pubic hair at the exact length to grow back correctly, or as it was before. TRUST ME i've been shaving with razors for a while and as soon as i stopped, the ingrown hairs did also. if you'd like to continue shaving with a razor a home remedy for popping the really sore in grown hairs is to take the skin from inside of an egg shell and place it over the bump and let it harden to your skin. this draws the bump and all the puss and blood to a head, and it will ooze out on it's own. i hope this helps you guys :)
I keep getting tiny white bumps that appear in random places in my genital area. I have 2 tiny bumps on the head of my penis and a couple of the shaft area, and some on my inner thigh and where all the pubic hair is. I never got these until I shaved one time about 3 months ago and then I got like 3 white bumps and they went away and then a few days later other white bumps popped up in random spots. Idk whats going on and I'm really worried. I think I might have herpes, but I didn't do anything to get them. The last thing I did was get a hand job 6 months ago.
its seems like everyone gets it around the same age.. 13 or 14.
i remember getting them in middle school.
and all the same things have been happening to me. i visited my doctor and she didnt know what it was and shes sending me to a different one.
i was supposed to go yesterday but i had to change my appointment.
and ironically, today i feel it growing back again.
and whats weird is that i have a bump on both sides.
both get puss in it but only one swells all the way small again.
the other has this huge scar. and its really annoying because it hurts to walk at moments.
but i always get them before and after my period.

my doctor also said that when i go to the other doctor to ask to cut it off of me. owwwww im scared.
i dont know if itll actually help but i hope it doesnt end up growing back..
!!!
the exact same thing as what everyone  up there happens to me i started when i was 13 or 14  now am 20 and was a virgin and still am a virgin  sometimes they comes as lumps under my skin that get big and then a head grows out and when it bust puss or blood start to come out. ive seen hair growing out of the ones that are now left as a scar. when they are not visible i sometimes itch really bad, and they usually come before my period as small white bumps i just hope it's not an std  
look up infected hair folicles. my boyfriend has that problem and i know it can be extremly painful. they also call it folicitis.  they have alot of info about it on here
This is so so funny to me! though its not a laughing matter! I am a 26 (soon to be 27) year old African American. I have delt with these same issuses for years I am very happy that I have found others who have this same problem! I have had this problem for a long time. I would like to list some of my symptoms for others who may be having this problem and unsure.1.) Fleshy bumps, 2.) filled with pus and blood, 3.) the bumps are not usually in my vagina but they are around the vagina like where the hair growns. They are on top of the skin and ususally there is a hard mass under the surface. like the other person the bumps would bleed on to my under garments and create a scab and when I went to pull my under gaments down it would be so painful to remove them because it was ripping the new forming scab.  some times they are in the crease of my vagina and my inner thigh. I notice that  in some places where the bump goes away hair will not grow. There is also a small like "line" ( for lack of better terms) or small incision where the bump once was. one time one of the bumps burst and it was like 6 strands of pubic hair in the blood when I wiped it off. (yes I was grossed out). another time I had one grow rather large and I went to the er and they burst it and filled it with gauz to drain it.  some times they do stay for long peroids of time and I think that mositure make them stay longer.... Some times they itch. Well, I'm trying to post as much observation that I can so others that might have this same problem can get help. Oh yeah its not a STD or communible.. but hopefully this will help some one...... If I think of any other things I'll just come back and post.

-Jo Jo Dancer
ok i have the same promblem i have bumps on my ***** that have puss and blood come out they tend to hurt i just wanna no wat they are im sure itz not an std even though im sexually active i got checked for all stds and i have nuthen but these bumps with nasty stuff cumin out of them and they stink like ewwwww i no but sumone tell me please
i have the same bumbs really didnt get them  untill i was older went to the doctor because i thought i had a std. they did test came back negitive. the doctor said that it was vaginal acne and they will some and go when they want gave me a perscrition thatg by the way made it worse. just resently got one of the bumbs that hurt so bad couldnt pop it and couldnt walk due to its location went back to the doctor now they say its a form of staff. the perscription that they gave me made them all go away that was about 3 months ago havent had one sence. so would just go to your doctor abd have them test the fluid that comes out of the bumbs hurts really bad when they lance it and healing ***** but so worth it.
A related discussion, I have a bump too was started.
I have the same problem, I think. I'm 15 and a virgin. I have these bumps under the skin in my groin area. Last year i got them and they were only on one side. Now there is a small one on the other side. They have never popped before, but they are hard underneath and tender to the touch. I have been very freaked out and I don't want to tell my mom. After they go away for a while they leave marks where the skin has stretched. Today one of them opened and blood and white stuff-puss?- came out. It hurt, but now I feel like they are smaller. It still hurts, but I think it is just healing.
ok i am almost 26 now and i have got these bumps since i was 11, which was when i started my period.  i have been to every kind of doctor but a dermatoligist.  where most of yours are hard bumps mine are a little different, mine are completely soft in the center but all the other symptoms are right on.  i can tell you for those of you who think these are ingrown hairs they are not at least not if its the same thing i get.  my gynecologist has done just about every kind of test including cutting them open to see if it was ingrown hairs and there are no hairs in mine.  they are very painful.  i honestly thought i was the only one with problems like this.  when mine first started out they were only in my pubic region.  now they are under my breasts under my arms behind my ears and still in the pubic region, but not in the vagina.  they are red and sometimes can turn a dark black looking color and are filled with puss and a little blood and they dont ever really go away.  they just get to where after they bust they feel a little better for a little while..  to those of you that are scared to tell your mom or your doctor please tell them and get an appointment with a dermatologist. they deal with skin problems all the time so they will be the best bet, i wish i would have thought about that sooner.  well i hope this helps someone and if anyone gets a formal diagnosis please post what it is so i can ask about it cause i have been dealing with this for almost 15 years now.
I can't beleive this, I thought I was the only one! I'm so glad they're not an STI, I didn't think they were as I'm not sexually active. By reading all these comments, it seems that they're something everyone gets every now and then, and something I shouldn't worry about. I'm going to do the warm compress for a couple of weeks, and hopefully they should go away. I only get them every couple of months, if that, and think they're probably linked with a cycle, so I'll do the compress and see how it goes. Mine are only painful when I pop them, and then after for a day or two, then they're fine for ages. I'm not going to touch them anymore, and if they go i'll comment on here again. I think not touching or popping them is the best bet though. I'm just so glad i'm not the only one. thanks x
I used to experience this very thing and it was diagnosed as hydratinitus suppuritiva (don't think that's the right spelling though). As everyone here has said it is very sore but I think the worst thing you can do is bust them. They will eventually just go down themselves although will be likely to fill up again but busting them leaves horrible scars. Sometimes they will bust themselves but I found if I didn't squeeze the puss/blood out then there was less scarring.
There is a treatment out there for this but it involves surgery. I had glands removed from under my arms and from the pubic area. Having said that, it hasn't cured it completely but before the operations, I used to get 2/3 every week now it is like one every six months or so.
It has made a huge difference and although the surgery left bad scarring, the areas were scarred from when I used to bust them. It is the scarring under my arms that is diffficult as I can't wear strappy dresses/tops and always have to be covered up to a certain extent but if you have this problem, then it's not very sightly anyway so I would say surgery is worth it.
OMG I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!....im glad to know im not the only one and i only get them on my vagina but my pubic hair color hasnt changed...i started getting them a couple years ago and i can remember thinking "what is this ****?" but i never paid attention to it until after i had sex and i thought it was an std but i remembered that i had had it before i lost my virginity a little over a year ago...but i've been to embarrassed to go to a doctor abt it...now i am confident enough to know that i am not alone and i will go get diagnosed and share my results!!!
i hate to burst all your bubbles.
these sores are a Staphylococcus aureus infection, and need medical treatment.
they aren't STI's, but they are still contagious.

GO SEE A DOCTOR.

Skin infections are the most common type of disease produced by Staphylococcus. Staph infections of the skin can progress to impetigo (a crusting of the skin) or cellulitis (inflammation of the connective tissue under the skin, leading to swelling and redness of the area). In rare cases, a serious complication known as scalded skin syndrome (see below) can develop.

When the bacteria enter the bloodstream and spread to other organs, a number of serious infections can occur. Spread of the organisms to the bloodstream is known as bacteremia or sepsis. Staphylococcal sepsis (widespread infection of the bloodstream) is a leading cause of shock and circulatory collapse, leading to death.

Toxic shock syndrome is an illness caused by toxins secreted by Staph aureus bacteria growing under conditions in which there is little or no oxygen. Toxic shock syndrome is characterized by the sudden onset of high fever, vomiting, diarrhea, and muscle aches, followed by low blood pressure (hypotension), which can lead to shock and death. There may be a rash resembling sunburn, with peeling of skin.
God I seriously thought I was the only one they just started maybe 4 months ago I've been tested for stds cuz you never know I am 20yrs old and it usually appears on my inner thighs right by my vagina please I'm begging for help its embarrassing!
what u have are not std's..they are simply razor bumps.....it comes from shaving,waxing,and so fourth...its very simple to stop them from coming...after hair removal wash the area where they appear very good and then apply achol or any other body safe disinfectant...they come because hair removal opens up the skin and the tiny holes on the area get infected.......its kinda like when u dont wash your face u get pimps..same thing just on the vigina (vagina)..i know because i had the same problem.... very rarely do they come back..it stops the iching and puss and blood..
I thought i was going crazy! Im 23 and i only started getting these damn things after i had my daughter 4 years ago. The first one showed up a few weeks after i had her and the doctors told me it was just irritation from the stiches in my stomach pulling too tight (i had a c-section). They were still present 2,3,9 months down the line so i got tested for herpes and all other STD/STI's and all are negative. I shaved once YEARS before i had sex the first time at 15 and i got so many razor bumps i never touched the hair down there again so i knew it wasn't due to that. Then i thought maybe it was a form of acne, and i have thought so since then. After reading this, i am going to go to my doctor first appointment i can get to see what can be done. The bumps are kind of solid underneath but very tender to the touch. They often pop on their own and have blood and puss. I only get two consistantly, one on the right side in the spot where my thigh and vagina meet and the other, which is often smaller and doesnt hurt as much on the opposite side in the same location. If i find out anything that can help those with similar issues, i will post again! thank goodness im not the only one out there who was confused by this! Not that im at all happy that you all are going through this cause it does seriously suck, just glad not to be alone. =)
I can remember my sister getting these bumps when she was a teenager and I was a little kid.  She'd get them in her armpits and inner thighs.  She's almost 28 now and still gets them.  I got my first one a few years ago on my inner thigh.  I've gotten a few more since then & recently have gotten two, one on my inner thigh & one on my vagina.  I am 21.  Although we don't know what it is, mine and my sisters are not STDs.  They tend to come and go in warmer weather (when we sweat more) and can sometimes be healed quicker by placing a warm cloth over them or soaking in a warm bath.  They're a deep purple color, and if popped, they ooze puss and blood.  The one that I had that didn't pop had a hard nickel sized "ball" under the skin.  I can still feel it beneath the scar.

While these (ours) aren't STDs and can go away on their own, most likely just being a skin condition, that doesn't mean that you should just dismiss yours.  Don't listen to people who say that it's all the same thing.  I know for certain that it's not an std & it's not razor bumps.  Use your own discretion.  The best way to find out is to go to a doctor (obgyn or dermatologist).  My sister has gone to the dr (she also is a med tech/nurse) and hasn't gotten a whole lot of feedback.  My advice though, is if they get worse/infected/won't go away/etc, go to the doctor.  Don't wait, especially if they get infected, because you don't want it to get worse than it is.  If they just come and go with no real harm, don't worry about it.  No need to waste the money going to the dr. or getting more std tests if you're sure you don't need to.  Good luck to everybody!
I went to my doctor today and was told that mine are staph boils. she gave me a skin atibiotic that i will be picking up tomorrow. If it works, i will post again. heres hoping.
My situation: Starting at age 14 I started getting these lumps and sores. The larger they were the harder they would be. They have always been the size of a dime or smaller. They would swell and if not immeadiatley burst-able would bust on their own or would go away. In the beginning they were showing up on the front of my vagina and then moved lower. They cause discomfort and sometimes pain. They are by no means flattering and at 18 they have become hard to explain to my boyfriend. I just simply call them bacterial infections and he doesn't ask questions. I hope this will be some help to you! Just remember that no, it isn't flattering but it isn't a STD or anything life threatening so stay calm and just simply say I have a reoccurring bacterial infection. No Problem!

A few months ago, maybe a year even I went to get my Gardisil shot and had my doctor look at these bumps. Of course I was loosing my mind because I was afraid of it being a STD and my life would be over. She had a look and just said that from shaving the hair folicle is infected from bacteria. She gave me some tips if I decide to continue to shave, which I didn't.

1) Keep the area as dry as possible.
2) Antibiotics help a lot.
3) Use a different razor than what you would use for your legs or underarms.
4) Wear loose underwear.
5) Try not to pop them to avoid further scarring.
6) After shaving dry and put neosporin or hydocortozone cream everywhere your shaved.
7) Let the area breathe as often as possible.
8) Always wear clean underwear.
I have been using the tips and there has been a significant decrease in the pain and size of the lumps.  
I have this problem, and has had it now for at least 5 years, im now 22, and went to the doctor once about it, got tested for STI's and he said right then and there that it was herpes, i didnt get meds for it but than, when i went to another doctor about it, she said it wasnt herpes, that it doesnt even look like herpes, so a couple of weeks ago, i went to yet another doctor, and he did a pap test and smear of them, he said he would call me a week later about the results, but havent heard from him yet (3 weeks later). Im going to try to contact him about the results tomorrow, hopefully it ISNT HERPES!

My symptoms:
-bumps that range from a pinhead size, to a quarter size
-red inflammed sometimes
-sometimes they turn darker like purple
-on my inner thighs and vagina
-when popped, blood and puss come from the vaginal bumps, and sometimes the thighs.
-not from shaving or ingrown hairs!!

This is so embarrassing! Im very self concious about it when it comes to sexual activity with my girlfriend! I have been with her now for 2 years, and shes VERY understanding!
I have the same problem. Ive had it for years.  Pus/Blood-filled bumps in my vaginal area and right in the middle of my chest. Last year I got the bumps in my chest checked out and the doc told me it wasn't an STD (THANK GOD!!!),mostly cus i wasnt then nor am i now sexually active neways They're often painful, and pop with in a few days of they coming in.  I read that most of your said to not use razors but if i dont use razors what am I suppose to use??
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
You are probably talking about Hidradenitis suppurativa, which presents as  recurrent boil-like pus-like discharge abscesses resulting in difficult-to-heal open wounds and scarring. It commonly occurs on apocrine sweat gland-bearing skin such as in the groin, the underarms and under the breasts. It is also known as ‘acne inversa’. Treatment is by topical antibiotics and steroids. The disease can spread to genitals. It can also be due to staphylococcal skin infections. Retoid group of drugs also help. Wash skin with antiseptic lotions daily to decrease bacteria. Wear loose fitting clothes. If your blood sugar is high as in diabetes, then too you can get recurrent boils. Consult a skin specialist.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!
Wow!! Thanks so much! I will bring this information to the attention of my doctor and see what he says!! Hopefully this is it!! and that he can give me something for this!!! maybe now finally I have an answer to what this is!!! Will post back after seeing a doctor about it!! :) Again thank you!!
lol sorry, the post was for 'doctornee medical'.
I am so relieved I am not the only one who suffers from this embarrassing problem.  My problem started when I was about 17.

-Warning: Graphic description-

The very first ones started around my right breast, to the sides and under the breast, only 1 or 2 at the time. Since then (I'm 25 now) I have never gone a day without having atleast 1 somewhere on my body. It's increased and gotten worse over the years. Now I get them under my arms, under my breasts and around the sides of both breasts, inner thighs, around my pubic area, and on my lower stomach and upper stomach. some remain small while others become very large, tender and filled with blood and pus. If I dare to squeeze hard enough the fluid literally shoots out. I get clusters of smaller ones under my right arm. My skin on my lower stomach, breasts and groin area is stained with purple spots and old boils that didn't burst that became hard for some reason. One time a boil on the side of my right breast was as large as a grape and I had a larger circle around the center the size of an apple, it covered the whole side of my breast and was extremely warm to the touch. I was bra-less for a few days and the sore became so large I was forced to put a bandaid on it.

Obviously I am not sexually active, I dont dare show my body, I barely want to see it myself. I dont go swimming because I always have atleast 1 boil thats either about to burst or has already done so. I haven't gone to the doctor because I am so ashamed of my condition and the fact I've led it go so far without treatment or diagnose increases my shame.

If your condition hasn't gotten this bad see a doctor, before you become to ashamed like I have become.
I get these small pimple like bumps around my vaginia, but its not on the inside, just on the sides by my crease in my legs and right where my bum starts...idk what they are. they look kinda like what a burn looks like almost like a pustuale. when i pop it pus comes out and then it kinda goes away in a couple days...idk what they are...can you tell me if its an std or not?
I am 19 years old and i have been sexually active since i was 15. I have never seen these bumps before on the outside of my vagina but i am very concerned. I have popped one or two but thankfully, there was no blood... only pus. I do shave down there but have never had these problems before, should I get it check out or should I just wait it out for a few days?
Oh my goodness I have been getting these pus and blood filled bumps for YEARS. I now it's not a STD because I always get checked for those. I've never told my doctors about them because they are embarrassing! I will definately bring it up next time though because now that i'm 23 and just had a child, they seem to be coming back more like crazy! I just got out the shower and realized I have one that popped on it's own, another getting ready to pop, and a small third one on the other side that looks like it's just getting started! I hate this!
It took me years to find a doctor that could diagnose this problem, that I too have suffered from for years. As one person already mentioned, we all suffer from Hidradenitis Suppurativa, which can also, if not cleaned properly, turn into a Staphylococcus problem leading to worse and more severe boils. It is also brought on by ingrown hairs. The cyst-like bumps usually form near the genitals, breast, or underarms in sweat glands. There is NO cure and the best remedies include cleaning the area consistently, keeping it dry, and shaving at a  minimum.
I get them as well...under my arms and on my vaginal area...I talked to my doctor about the ones under my arms he says use antiperspirant deodorant...they are boils....pop them because its backed up impurities in your body that need to come out!
A softer pouf type loofa and lots of antibacterial soap helps a ton!! I get them mainly in my crotch area n they can be extremely painful but I find if I shower at least once if not twice a day and scrub really well with tha loofa(designated for crotch region only!) And antibacterial soap(dial) they diminish and usually drain on their own. Wen u notice drainage b sure to wash up tha area asap and keep it clean with quick washes even between showers!
DO ANY OF YOU  HAVE SCARS FROM THIS? I DO AND THEY ARE PURPLY LOOKING, UGHHH!
I am a 21 year old female. I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) 4 years ago, and have had these 'boils', that produce nothing but blood and sometimes puss and look purple and UGLY, under my arms and on the inside of my thighs. Sometimes these 'boils' hurt really bad, sometimes they itch, and when the blood evacuates the skin there is a scar. I am not a big girl, so I was very surprised to have something so weird happen to me. I was told it went hand in hand with the dianosis, that it was just another cyst taking form on another part of my body. The doctor told me it is NOT curable, but the BEST THING you can do is wash everyday with hybiclens. I have noticed a dramatic decrease in size and number. For all you females out there, who may have irregular periods and have intense pain from time to time, go see a doctor. Doctors are not there to judge you. They will talk about you and give you possible treatments for any problems you have. Just stay strong and talk to someone. I didn't tell anyone about the 'boils' for 7 years. If I had talked to someone earlier about it, I wouldn't be having as many problems as I do now.

Go see a gynecologist. It will be the best thing you do about your situation. And if he/she doesn't have an answer, go see a dermatologist.
bless you
Hi. interesting to stumble upon this form. I've had this problem for several years. And before me, I remember my mom having the same issue which I found out  about 17 years ago. During that time we never even heard alot about pimples since I was only around 11 with clear skin. Few years ago I had mentioned this problem to my doctor and she told me the same things and more. Told me that it was caused because of shaving but I don't shave that often. Then she said that it can also occur when your hair get pulled which made sense. When a single hair gets plucked from your body it leaves the area sensitive and proned to infection. She also told me to clear my infected area frequently. Along with that she recommended me to wear ONLY 100% cotton underwear. Underwears with elastic or other fibers will tangle and pull hair folicles.

My mom had a similar boil reoccuring every year for the past 6 years under her breast every summer. Bad place to have it since that area was always rubbed by her bra and would get sweaty during summer. A lot of antibiotics were applied but nothing permanent. It was really bad and painful that surgery was the only solution left. She got it removed and for 4 months had a nurse come to the house every other day to clean and bandage the area (more problems occured when time to remove stitches; a stupid nurse in the hospital yanked her stitches which were stuck to her skin and caused her wound to re-open therefore more proned to infection). Now she is healed properly.

So before it gets too serious, ladies and gents, use these helpful tips given by our suffering fellow friends. Also incourage the doctors to give you permission for an ultrasound so they can diagnose you properly rather that misdiagnosing you by just telling you to stop shaving and start cleaning. I am suggesting that because I found a lump which is different than what I have had before. This is not on the surface but much deeper and I might have my doubts about it. With so many problems in the world, it is best to be safe than sorry.

As much as I am glad to have found you all with the same problem, I'm not happy at all that any of us have to suffer with this dreadful problem. Help put an end to this problem by posting your solutions. Thank you!
I am seventeen and I have a oval shaped flesh colored bump on my bikini line it has white puss in it and even when I don't pop it it oozes white puss. When I do pop it near the end blood starts coming out. I've had two previous to this one one on the right bikini line and one just to the left of my vagina. I'm really scared does anyone know what they are also they leave scars
i am almost 25 years old. married, and have one child, and it wasnt until a year after i had my child, that i started having these problems, the lumps that are very fleshy and tender to the touch, but hard underneath.very sore,and sometimes you can see the white head to it,other times you cant, and sometimes they go away on their own, other times they get so big they bust naturally depending on their location, sometimes it could be on the vaginal area or more near the buttocks area, but never on or near any pubic hair,and although i use to shave, i do not not, i trim and even then a blade does not contact the skin, so if it isnt a razor, and it isnt an infected hair, what could it be? i honestly dont think it is a std, my husband and i have had sex unprotected plenty of times and yet has no signs of these bumps....
Wow, I'm surprised to see so many people with this problem. I have had this problem for years myself. I'm now 33 years old, i've had two children, I do believe this started after my first child. I guess your body changes. I remember one doctor telling me there really isn't much you can do about it. I think they might be staph infections. I think some people go on antibiotics for things like this but that is not an option for me. I try to save the use of antibiotics for the really bad times. I have also noticed that as I am getting older it's working itself out. I do have a lot of scarring from this. It's unfortunate but there's no way to change that but they seem to be coming less and less. It used to be before and after my period the most. A newer doctor I saw recently wanted me to make an office visit when I have one so she can see it, probably to do a culture of the fluid draining from it. When they become very large and painful the only way I can get relief is to drain them. Truly I do not know what else to do about it but just deal with it. If anyone has some really good solutions to help it along that doesn't involve surgery or medication please post. This has been such a nightmare...and embarrassing...to have one in an awkward spot on the vagina and having to have my husband drain it :/ ya very akward...lol Take care everyone!
I've had it since I was a preteen!!!!  && I'm 21 still a virgin!!!  I was told by my Dr that it W's lymphnoids && she put me on antibiotics but my gma said it mite be boils!!! I was also told that it'd just bacteria tryna leave the body!!!  But keiblans solution sounds bettah!!!!
U r not alone. It is not an std. Baby powder, baby powder, baby powder. I have not seen one in six months and the skin discoloration is slowly going away. Do this, also wash well, often while sweating, change underwear or first layer often, it will basically disappear. Do not double wear clothes even if you don't sweat. Be careful with belts and tighter articles while active or sweating. Try not to pop them too early. Will post further on my personal experience next...
It started for me not long after I began manscaping. It drve me nuts and scared me to death. I am a very clean person clean clothes, shower AT LEAST once a day, never wore dirty clothes for a second day. When I shower, I change. It completely tormented me. This condition is about hair follicles, friction, sweat and most importantly, moisture.... keep dry. Keep clean... keep fresh. The fungus, if that's what it is, grows and multiplies in hot damp areas, and if the dampness is sweat, u r really in trouble. I've had so many, I can now feel them starting. I cannot stress enough, baby powder, baby powder, baby powder. Sex or no sex, hair or no hair. It will correct if you trust these suggestions. Every symptom that you all have listed, I have had. just stay dry and clean. I promise.      
-Mwilliams
Anyone still on this discussion page??
Hi All,

This problem is called Hidradenitis Suppurative. I have similar problem and it is very painful and hard to deal with disease and there is no cure.  You may read about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_suppurativa

Over the years below is list of things that I have tried and they seem to work in controlling the condition and managing the present and future infections:

- Laser hair removal (long pulse yag laser works good) - there was a clinical experiment being done but do not kown what was the outcome clinical trial but laser has helped me ALOT. I have my doctor perscribe this treatment for me, although my insurance does not cover it but I have had Flex Account cover it.

- As mentioned by other people change sweaty clothes, keep dry and wear only cotton. I find wearing cotton PJs is better than being totally bare as the cotton layer will absorb sweat and keep skin from rubbing itself.

- Use Dial antibeterial soap and also hibiclens (over the counter).  

-Try Naeem oil (smell is bad) but it is natural antibecterial and antiseptic and has been used for many years in India for its healing properties. I have found this to be very effective but I can only use it when I do not have to go to work as the smell is very strong.

-- I avoid swiming pools as I do not know what more becteria will do to this problem. I love to swim but go to give it up.

I have gone to dermatologist (many of them) for this condition, I have been prescribed anitbotics (all sorts) and I have had these boils cut and drained. I have had some surgically removed. Pregnancy has made this condition worse for me but I had my first infection/bump in my teens as well.  Sometimes the infections gets bad over night where I have small bump in the evening but by morning the skin will rupture and there is fleshy thing that pops out along with blood and is very painful to walk or sit.

I will go for another laser treatment as my last one has been over a year and the boils are appearing again.  

I think it is hormone related problem and also skin type/hair type related disease. So, there are multiple things in play causing this problem.

Working out is hard with this disease as sweat and friction triggers the condition or makes it worse.

I have suffered from this disease and I hope someday this will go away and not get worse.

If anyone has any more information in control this painful disease please post.
Okay i need something answered related to this topic.. my husband and 3 yr old get the same thing they look like boils my husband's actually get purple.. took my 3 yr old to a dr they said it was a staff infection as well now they are obviously contagious  but i can't help but wonder how exactly is it transferred??? I would think it would only be a skin to skin contact so i need to know if that is untrue cause the thoughts running through my mind are driving me crazy.. If anyone know's please tell me!!!
some of these sound like carbuncles and need treatment with antibiotics pus filled lumps should always be seen by a healthcare professional. Rosie RGN
I need help.. I get these bump or lumps on my vagina..It's not a STD..I don't think.I had sex two weeks ago and didn't have the bumps. Today I took a safety pin and pop the bump and only blood came out.. Then I pop the lump and clear stuff came out and then blood... I only been with one dude..
I'm 15 and a virgin. I usually only get the bump(s) on my vaginal area when I'm close to my period. I've been getting them since I was in grade 8 and now I'm going into grade 11; I definitely didn't think it was an STD. But it's still a bother. Like what if when I have a boyfriend and we make out he sees it and is disgusted? Anyways I'm glad I'm not the only person that has this problem!
I've had the same problem, with ask the same symptoms. I'm 18 and proudly still a virgin, and I get them all the time. They're really painful :/ I was actually searching "pus and blood filled bumps" and I came across this. I've never been to a gynecologist, so I'm a bit scared to have them checked out...but I think that might be the best thing to do, unless I just want to suffer through them. If anybody finds out what the heck these things are...I would be really grateful to know!I've had the same problem, with ask the same symptoms. I'm 18 and proudly still a virgin, and I get them all the time. They're really painful :/ I was actually searching "pus and blood filled bumps" and I came across this. I've never been to a gynecologist, so I'm a bit scared to have them checked out...but I think that might be the best thing to do, unless I just want to suffer through them. If anybody finds out what the heck these things are...I would be really grateful to know!
It feels so good to know other people have had this problem prior to loosing their virginity. I have also and it is so embarrasing. I never knew how to explain what my problem was because I didn't recall the name. I saw a doctor when I was young and was told there was nothing I could do about it but keep clean. I get them around my vaginal and thighs and other dark sweat type places like underarms and under breast. I have found that TANNING in a tanning bed helps reduce the size and frequency of them. Also, use disposable razors so you change your razor at least once a week. And using Dial antibacterial bar soap help dry the areas. All of these steps have really helped me reduce the appearance.
TO EVERYONE IN THIS BLOG:

Go to an endocrynologist and get a conclusive test for hypothyrodism.  PCPs are highly unsuccessful in diagnosing hypothyroidism.  Many of the females in this blog will be happy to know they are not crazy and the can go away forever, if your thyroid is performing correctly.
I have these wierd bumps on my Vagina area from shaving A LOT! When I shave, about a week or a couple of days later I get these big bumps that are full of blood and pus and the bump gets big and red and soar, it also starts to hurt from it getting so full of the puss and blood, my Auntie tells me to put a hot warm wash cloth on it so it'll go down and some times the puss and blood will burst out and sometimes get's on your under wear. I went to my Apointment one day and asked my doctor about it and she said that was normal, umm i didn't believe that because dude there's bumps and blood and puss comming out of those bumps and in growing hair that grows under the skin and it can be infected. Today I went to my Apt. and they say no that is not usual. I cryed when I got home and felt bad and ashamed of myself. Next thing I know my Doctor tells me what that is called, but i forgot. So for all of the people that doesn't have these types of problems you are lucky and you are blessed and please dont shave everytime.    
Hunnies, don't worry. It is not an STD. It's ingrown hairs mixed with sweat and body oils causing a pimple-like bump. Your entire body is covered in pores, and these ones get blocked/clogged with dirt, sweat which in turn traps all the puss within it. The puss is the oils and sweat combining. And as for the blood, what part of the body WON'T bleed if you just opened it up like that? It's a common natural thing. I'm 16, and almost every other day, I'll find at least one new one on my vagina. I just bust it, apply pressure to stop the bleeding, and go on. It is more common when you're one to shave your pubic hairs. But sure enough, anyone can get them. Sexually active, virgin, man, woman, shaven, unshaven. So don't worry.
after researching for the last month, i've concluded that what i have just may be hidradenitis supparativa.  however, my only concern is that i only ge t these bumps/boils/blisters in the groin area, never under the arm or under the breast and rarely the thighs...is it possible to only get hs midly in one area?? also, i saw a doctor who ASSURED me it wasnt an STD but rather "vaginal acne", but my paranoia and research is leading me to believe it can only be either herpes or hs..im seeing a dermatologist and obgyn very soon..heres to hoping its just vaginal acne.....any advice?

btw i've been getting these bumps since around the age of 13/14, i am now 19...got them before i was sexually active
For the past few weeks I've felt a burn/sting when I wipe after using the bathroom. I shave down there, and at first I ignored it thinking it was a cut from the razor or something like that. Today, however, it hurt more than usual while wiping, and I felt a small bump on the inside flap. It's near to my vagina but not where any hair seems to be growing. When I investigated further I saw that there were actually two puss-filled bumps, right next to each other. The entire area is slightly swollen and red. The skin immediately surrounding the bumps is darker, almost black. I'm 20 and a virgin, although I have engaged in oral sex (giving and receiving). The nurse I spoke to said it could be either clogged glands, which I'm assuming are the same as Bartholin Abscesses, or herpes. Needless to say, I'm FREAKING OUT! I've only had oral sex performed on me twice, once with my high school boyfriend when he was a virgin as well, and the second time with a guy I know quite well at college. The second guy was over 4 months ago and never went down THAT far, so I'm really confused as to how I could have contacted herpes there. Maybe I'm just overreacting?? I have a doctor's appointment next Friday and will try the hot wash cloth trick in the mean time. Any other suggestions? HELP :/
Also, I should note that a couple of days ago I randomly became fatigued, achy and had a fever--I feel fine now, though. The "sores" don't hurt at all really, not even when I pee. They just chafe a little, but it's almost unnoticeable.
Hello again. Sorry, I keep thinking of details I forgot to mention. I also seem to be prone to gland issues. I've had foliculitis (folliculitis) on my underarms a couple of times, I'm susceptible to tonsil stones, and when my allergies kick in my throat glands swell....Thanks
I have had this problem for a long time. I thought it was an STD and I was too afraid to get it checked out until I became pregnant, and of course they check you when you are, and I am STD free.  The bumps vary in size, from quarter sized to pea sized. Some don't hurt at all and you can't squeeze anything from them. Some are painful and red and eventually u can squeeze blood and pus from them. I have scars all over my inner thighs from having this at least since I was 13 (I'm 28 now). I am overweight, and since I've had kids I've gotten 3 bumps under my fat roll in front.  I'm positive I have Hidradenitis suppurativa. It is worse when I sweat, and I'm sure the weight doesn't help (due to skin being unable to breathe) I am still too embarrassed to go to the doctor, so I'm going to try the home remedies such as antibiotic ointment, keeping extremely clean (not that I'm dirty) and trying to lose some weight.
Oh by the way.
I have gotten a couple right inside the lips of my vagina, but it has only happened a couple times. Mostly I get them on the inside of my upper thighs and where my leg meets my butt
I have had the same thimg happen but this time it came back in the same spot and it is bigger i usually pop it but this time it hurts too much i try ever few days sometimes i gets some puss and blood out but it is still their i says it hurts that bad im gomma cut it open it will hurt but at least it will be gone for a while
In lamen's terms, these blood-and-puss-filled lumps are INGROWN HAIRS and SWOLLEN SWEAT GLANDS, combined they are very painful. An ingrown hair near the surface of the skin is very itchy and can be easily extracted, but the sweat glands in pubic areas (underarms, vagina, etc.) make this a painful occurrence. The bumps, or lumps, appear more frequently in persons who are physically active or sweat heavily. You should not burst these bumps, because that can open the door for infection! They will drain on their own, internally or externally. If the bumps are too painful, try using the clear the membrane of a hard-boiled egg or piece of Neosporin Scar Solution to act a a barrier between your sensitive skin and clothing. These last two breathable solutions will reduce pain, soften the skin and encourage the blood and puss to exit the body instead of draining back into the bloodstream.
Does anyone else who has this problem suffer with the gland in their groin swellin when a bad lump appears?? I can barely walk someday an was admitted to hospital on morphine but they never found anything???
i have the same problem..but im 14, and im still a virgin...im worried about what it could be..though this is the first time its appeared..if anyone knows what it is, please reply back..thanks<3
Well I got it and yes it's genital herpes... Fill with puss and blood..stick to my underwear as well.
I have the same problem had it since i was like 12 13 i am 15 now and i am still a virgin so im not active so i know for sure its not an std at first i thought that i could of catched it from a public toliet but i have been researching this for months now and i actually believe its just the way we are i think that some girls just have these white bumbs on the skin of the vaginia these can appear on the inside or out side dont worry about it but if u are worried go see your doctor i havent been checked out though but i am going to go after christmass i have just been to embarried to show them to some one else but i just think that its the way i am thats just the texture of the skin in side my vaginia..
most of you say they do not hurt, that is not herpes I've studied diseases in my medical training... Herpes( if you can stand to pop them), won't heal in just a couple days... They become painful open sores that may hurt even more when you let your under wear dry to them & rip them off (cover in antibiotic cream then place a bandage over the area). Virgins can not contract genital herpes, possible form of herpes known as a common cold sore, but thats it. Most of these cases sound like HS see a dermatologist to explain your severity and go from there. Shaving bumps are very small, red bumps,(no puss) more like razor burn and will cover a large portion of the shaved area, it won't be just a bump or two & will not cause a hard knot to form under the skin. Now the one or two bumps that may show up the day after shaving (usually) is then an ingrown hair follical. hope this helps some!!
I hate these they are very painful sometimes. I would say I get them about 2 or 3 times a year one at a time though.I really don't think that they are STD related either. They usually take time to go away but I have one now ugh. I find they will pretty much pop on their own after a warm bath..
I have had this same problem since I was 13 but I'm noticing that as I get older they are appearing more and more especially when I sweat. I usually get them on my bikini line. I get tested for std's regularly and all come back negative so I know its not an std. I hate them they hurt like crazy. Is there any relief?
hiya evryone:)  i dont no if this is the same but  im 15  and i have these red spots (or pimples or somthink) on the front of my vagina they dont itch or enythink  and i am a virgin so i dont think i could have herpes or somthink like that well i hope i dont but  im to sceard to tell my mum or go to the docters  coz i fell like an idiot . i do shave  . and im really worried like freaking out  . at frist i  thourt they would just go . but there not well some did but then others came back  but what can i do  . i used som tcp on some of them  but that didont do much and some have gone a turnd to scars so now im not happy attal because scars dont go . but enyway im really worried it cant be enythink like bcause im dirty because im not i have a bath twice a day and as i said i am a virgin  plase somebody help   how can i make thm go and thn how can i make the scars lss noticibel .. ( the spots are not inside my vagina there like above the start or the vagina crack )   iv had thres for like a week or so or somthink  but im gettin worried now and if they dont go i will have to tll my mum . im not a shy person  but i dont no why i am gettin theses  hlp me pleaseeee
has anyone ever suffered with pains shooting from groin down there thighs from these boils in groin ?
I also have this problem and it started before I became sexually active. Because it is warm, and regardless of hygiene, moist, these are spots, like the ones teenagers (and non-teens) get on their face, however, because the area is warmer and can be oilier, they can appear more frequently that ones on your face. They disappear with time, or try using a spot cleanser daily.
about a month ago i had a bladder infection, that cleard up then one morning about 2 weeks ago i woke up with one pea sized lump on my groin which when i touched it, felt like brusing, very strange. I didnt really think anything of it, i woke up the next morning with the same lump on the other side, i couldn't walk, hurt when i coughed, laughed, spoke, sat down ( had to lay down) there was no burning, itching or anything for about a week. I was really worried so took me a while to go to the doctors, i eventually went to the doctors and fount out it was my glands had swollen to fight infection. My GP gave me some very strong antibiotics and painkillers and said come and see me again in 2 days, i went back, nothing had changed, she sent me straight to hospital were they put me on a drip = more antibiotics and painkillers at this point they had started burning and itching instead of being really painful, just irritating. I came out the next day, last night the lump on my right side popped and lots of blood and puss came out, i dont know what im supposed to do. Am i allowed a bath, does it have to be in plain water? the other one on my left side is still there very red and inflamed has some what looks to be dry skin on and around it! Still abit of pain with the one on my left side and its pretty big. This has changed my sexlife in the past 2 weeks, very frustrating and annoying as its nearly christmas ive been invited to my partners for an early christmas dinner on sunday and dont want to go to be in pain, cant get into the doctors over the weekend im very upset about this, havent been able to go out or get dressed, had to wear baggy pyjama's.
sOoo iits nOt a disease ryte =( and iis iit contagious?
i thought i was tne only one now i can go to the doctor thank u so much
i have had a wise thought that it cant be swollen glands in my groin, because glands dont burst. Therefor im thinking along the lines of boils, hernia, systs, im really not sure but i need to put my mind at ease. The one that hasnt popped has some white dot things on it kinda hard to describe unless youve seen it really.  Im still no better the other one hasnt popped, i will be going to see my GP tomorrow before christmas i really dont want this over christmas, i wouldnt say i was in pain with these even the one thats still there, they are just very itchy now and annoying. I will post after i have seen the nurse or gp! Any info you have would be great.
also, mine have grown under the skin, not on the outside so obviously i dont want to try popping the other one.
I have the same symptoms and did my research. I believe I have Hidradenitis Suppurativa. You all may want to look it up
i shall look that one up thankyou! The one that was still there has just gone right down but didnt pop:/ very strange.
How can I get rid of it without going to a doctor I'm 11 years old and I'm to scared to tell anyone
I have had this problem too! I usally get 1 small bump on my vigina (vagina) walls (outer) area. I pop
It to find puss followed by blood. It's a but painful but not any to cause discomfort to me without touching it. I only get one bump every 3-4 months... That's it. I wonder what it is and I was scared it was an STD too. I'm 16
what did the doctors say it was? i have the same problem!!! Mostly under my armpits!!!
I have Mrsa & get bumps everywhere, my legs are completely scarred from it, and I also get the bumps in my pubic area. I just had a baby, so they are much worse now.... I didn't know what they were for a long time when I only got them in my pubic area I was diagnosed with herpes, but the doctor did not even test the bump he only looked at it, and gave me a diagnoses, i later went to another hospital thinking I had herpes all that time, I was then told it was not herpes, but instead ingrown hairs, two years later I became pregnant and the problem had gotten worse, and I began getting pus filled bumps all over my body, with another trip to the hospital I was diagnosed with mrsa, which *****, but atleast i kno what it is.
They are not from shaving!!! If you actually knew what everyone was talking about you would know that!! I have had this problem for about 4 years..it has slowly gotten worse over the years but i have been too embarressed to go the doctor. I, too, am so glad I not the only one. don't post a comment if you don't know what you are talking about!
I have the same problem the bump hurt so bad and when it bust it be so stank stick on to your panties.. that make it hurt even worst can't Holly sleep because it hurt I went and got check they said nothing just a boil.it come and go thing about iam not even having sex I was  scared thought it was herpes Iam so sick of this everything it came make me weak can't sleep at night.. but God said in his word that iam healed by Jesus strips and I'm trusting and believing God for his word..
I'm a 15 year old virgin, and I have been getting these for a couple years now. I was so worried that it was something serious and that I was the only person that got them. I'm so glad that someone other people get the same thing!
Shaving does irritate the area, but I can attest that it's not the only cause since I don't shave the pubic area.  A few weeks ago I had to use Metro gel for vaginosis, which is likely what many others here are dealing with.  Okay, that's obviously the gel for inside.  What my doctor also had me do that helped with that burning and the infected irritation from the hair root shaft was to simply use some Neosporin on the outside of the pubic area.  That acidic vinegar smell I was also getting disappeared.  And, just for all here, this is a fairly common issue for women.  I've had the bacterial vaginosis before.  It has nothing to do with STD or lack of virginity.  It's a hard thing for the younger ladies on this thread to deal with because people make such assumptions.  I know, because I had the vaginosis even when I was only in my 20's and had to medical insurance and was looking for a solution.  That was when I quickly learned who was a genuine friend and who was quick to make judgments and innuendos and inferences about something that has absolutely nothing to do with sex or sexuality.

So, what I learned from that doctor's visit is that a good solution you can try is this:  After you shower in the morning and are thoroughly dry down there,  you can apply a THIN layer of Neosporin to the affected area(s) in the pubic region.  Apply a second time before you go to bed again at night.  That should take care of the external vinegar type smell, too, if you notice that, because that's also from similar bacteria.
I've had blood & pus filled bumps frequently on my vaginal area. When I was 17 a doctor diagnosed me with genital herpes. I haven't gotten any medicine for it & I refuse to believe this is the real diagnosis. I am now 22 although I've haven't had a painful outbreak like my very first time I'm scared to go to a doctor about it. Also, I've had two children since being diagnosed. I have discharge a lot and it smells, what should I do?
i have the same thing right now only one  side of my inner thigh i did go to a  walk in doctor place they cut open and  packed it and had me come back in 2 days i did and they said it is mersa and repacked it and asked me to come back the next day,iam on 2 antibiotics and this is not the first time.Starts with pain then bump looks like it is filled with blood will not pop This thing is deep and the pain i can only stay in bed and go to bathroom. Iam in my late 30's and this has been going on for 3yrs or so with everything you all wright i think i need to ask the doctors about this HIDRADENITIS SUPPURATIVA  I think i may have this and dont know what to do? Iam scared
I have hard bumps that are very simular to a pimple with white pus like substance coming out when my husband mashes it.  I cannot do it myself because it is so painful.  What did they doc prescribe to you,  where I can get mine to call me some in.  Thanks
My husband has them below his belt line. My baby has them anywhere around his bum or front. And now I have had my second bump below my underwear line. So we think we are getting bit by something. My son is only 18 months, so it's not ingrown hair or puberty. Why does this bug like are privates? They are like pimples with blood and white puss. My son's can get very infected and become huge. We have had him on antibiotics 3 times now. We have also been in 3 different homes when we have gotten bit... Does not make sense at all..
I think the person who said it was " Staphylococcus aureus infection" is correct. We are going to a dermatologist ASAP and will get back to you all. Also, I never got mine until I has direct contact with my husband (s..) last week. So they do spread..
OMG THIS WHOLE TIME I THOUGHT I HAD HERPES!
Well, I'm still unsure (even though I'm a virgin) but It sounds a lot like what everyone else is describing.
They started when I was 13/14 (I'm now 18)
The first one (from what I can remember) was just one pea sized spot. It was white and filled with pus.
I popped it and it spread to everywhere. My anus, buttocks and pubic region in later years.
Itchy like a rash (not in a specific place)

What could this be ? I still haven't seen anyone about it :(
I have had this problem for ever i am 26. When i asked my doctors about it no one really knew what they were but not an STD. I have scarring from them but i cant help but pop them sometimes they get so big they hurt and i cant walk.  I use an antibacterial skin clenser every day under my arms and on my inner thighs it helps but does not get rid of them. I do notcie when i am on antibiotics i dont get them as often but then i get a yeast infection so its horrible either way i go!!! but i am soo glad there is someone else that gets this!! Sometimes when they are bad i but a pain patch on them and that helps and i also put a hot wet wash rag on the area and it takes the pain away!!! I dont have money for surgery so i have to fix my problems the best i can... hope this helps!!!
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping this post will help at least a few of you.  I too have had the same problem of pus and blood filled blisters/boils in the genital area since I was about 16 or 17.  I am 21 now, but I am still a virgin so I knew it was not an STD.  I went to the gynecologist today because I have had a couple large ones recently that have not gone away.  She told me that I needed to be shaving using an antibacterial lubricant.  She said when you shave you are essentially pushing bacteria down into the hair follicle, which can cause an infection to form, and thus the blisters/boils. She took a culture and is going to test for MRSA.   Right now I am starting on clindamycin in case it is MRSA and she said that should help stop the infection and the blisters/boils should disappear.

Final recommendations from my gynecologist:
1) Use an anti-bacterial lubricant (such as Dial soap) to shave.  Lather up once, rinse off, lather up again, then shave.
2)  Take a bath at least once a week.  While this may seem "dirtier" than a shower, she said that baths help clean down there and soak the bacteria off, as opposed to a shower where you can't actually get that clean.
3) Change your razor at least once a month.
4) See your doctor so you can get a perscription.  If you are sexually active, you should especially see a physician because it could be an STI.  Even if it is not, if you have MRSA, that is also contagious so you could infect your partner.

I hope this helps!  I promise this advice came straight from gynecologist.  I am a nursing student, and I highly recommend seeing your doctor.  Preventative care is the best way to go.  My doctor said she once had to hospitalize a women because her's had spread so much.
I face exactly the same situation..did u get it cured?If yes the tell me how?...
Please let me know whom did u consult for this...
Well even today I also realised that so many have such problems..I am a virgin and was wondering about its causes..And I am facing exactly the same problem you discussed ..Plz do let me know whom did u consult later on..whether a gynaec or dermatologist ..or even general physician and have u got it cured....
I believe there is a difference in all of these kinds we are discussing..THe similarity is embarrasment and the feeling of being the only sufferer..For there are many who have at different places and some who only have around vagina ...Even a confusion which persist among girls is whether to show Gynaec or skin doctor...Please I would request all to also come out with solutions..And let every one knows that after proper care was that effective?...
Anyways thanks for creating sucha forum and discussing..
im having this problem too and i really dont like and i know it isnt std but i really dont like it but i shave in my vaginal area becuz i feel like the hair is not normal and not human like i am 13 years old and this has been happening to me ever since i was 12 years and i hate it when it happens its really embarissing and i hate it  get it often though and its hard for me in class not to scratch it but for now im going to stop shaving now becuz if i do have sex i dont want to be embarassed but it doesnt bleed on my panties it only does wen i pop it but not on my underwear.
i have the same thing going on with me but im going to search more stuff then let you know
hi, i'm a sixteen year old girl and i also suffer with this condition. i've had it for many years now and have discovered that shaving your vaginal area actually helps because you will have the ability to see the bump clearly and can then take a tweezer to pull the hair out of the irritated follicle, i know it sounds really gross and difficult, but it will help the bumps minimize in size and reoccurance. also if you take a mixture of alcohol and and hydrogen peroxide and rub it over the affected area everyday the bumps do seem to disappear, making you more confident if and when you are ready to have sex.
Sounds like folliculitis, (spelling?  Sorry!) i knew someone who had this in the vaginal region, at first it was pus filled lumps on hair follicles then it turned into a really bad rash, with dry peeling skin.  she went to docs and found out it was folliculitis and is now on steroid cream and anti biotics and told under any circumstances to not shave as this causes the hairs to become ingrown and cause problem.  Hope this helps
If you don't shave and you have hair down below it is very comon for the hair to just get irritated (underwear rubbing, friction, sweat, etc.) which can cause a bump, that bump is the build up of pressure of pus/infection. Don't worry too much because this is very common and usually is not an std. However to be safe, get it checked out when you can. This btw is both common in men and women, i have had three occur in the past 5 years and i'm 20, usually they are on my bikini line/lip and yes they do hurt and can sometimes get quite big i've had them checked out each time and the doc always says it's an ingrown hair/irritaed hair. So hope this helped yall. Want treatment, ask a doctor.
According MayoClinic.com, boils are irritated, painful pus-filled bumps that occur when hair follicles are inflamed and infected with bacteria. Boils are usually treated by draining them or antibiotics, and in some cases, a combination of both. However, boils that have been drained can sometimes leave small scars after they heal. Luckily, there are some natural treatments that can help to get rid of these scars over a fairly short period of time according to Susan E. Worwood, author of "Essential Aromatherapy: A Pocket Guide to Essential Oils and Aromatherapy."
Step 1
Combine Roman chamomile essential oil, galbanum essential oil, spike lavender essential oil, clary sage essential oil, tea tree essential oil, thyme essential oil and olive oil in a small jar with a tight-fitting top.
Bio-Oil for Scars The #1 selling multi-use skincare product in the USA. Learn more. bio-oilusa.com
Sponsored Links
Step 2
Cover the jar and shake it combine the essential oils and olive oil.
Step 3
Pour a small amount of the essential oil mixture onto your clean fingertips. Gently massage the oil onto the area of skin being treated. Leave the oil on the skin 40 to 45 minutes after massaging it in.
Step 4
Rinse your skin with cool, clean water. Wash with a very gentle facial cleanser and apply a regular moisturizer to the area.
Step 5
Use this treatment two times per day after waking up and before going to bed. Stop using the essential oil mixture if it makes your skin red, itchy or swollen.
Step 6
Store unused portions of the essential oil mixture in a cool, dark and dry place, and always make sure the jar is tightly-covered to prevent evaporation. Discard the mixture after 90 days.
Boils, aka furuncles, are very common puss filled red bumps that form on your skin. These painful, tender, swollen skin conditions are often caused by a bacterial infected hair follicle. And it’s damage to a hair follicle that allow germs causing infection to gain entry under your skin.
Generally, boils appear suddenly and as they fill with pus their swelling causes you increasing pain and tenderness. Eventually, your boil caused red bump develops a white tip for draining. In some cases, boil’s pus filled bumps may swell fairly large before they rupture.
Should a cluster of hair follicles become infected, then this skin condition is referred to as a carbuncle.
Boils and carbuncles are usually caused by a staph infection, which is the same bacterium that causes infectious diseases like pneumonia, meningitis, urinary tract infections and endocarditis. Yet, other bacteria or fungi that naturally dwell on your skin can be the red, swollen bump instigator.
Boils and carbuncle tender bumps can swell up anywhere, but typically these pus filled skin infections appear in high sweat or friction areas. Common locations are your face, neck, shoulder, armpits, buttocks or thighs.
Boils look similar to the tender lumps caused by cystic acne. But a boil is usually redder and more painful.
If the infection causing your boil or carbuncle spreads, then you may experience symptoms of:
• fever
• chills
• swollen lymph nodes
• red lines running outward from pus filled bump
Rarely, boils or carbuncles cause some very serious complications, like:
• shock
• sepsis
• MRSA
All of which require emergency health care treatment.
Risk of developing a boil or carbuncle can increase if you:
• have diabetes
• compromised immune system for any reason
• live with someone who has a boil or carbuncle
• are in close contact with another who has a staph infection
• other skin conditions because of protective skin barrier damage
Boils typically resolve on their own within a couple of weeks, without scarring. A carbuncle causes a deeper, more painful infection, so it’ll heal slower and will likely leave a scar.
For quicker pain and tenderness relief treatment, you can apply warm salt water compresses to your tender, red, swollen bump several times a day. This draws your carbuncle or boil pus to a head for draining. Then apply OTC antibiotic ointment for fast bacterial skin infection healing.
Some herbal relief treatments that you can apply topically to fight your skin infection are:
• sage
• lavender
• bergamot
• tea tree oil
• chamomile
Relief treatment may require a trip to your health care provider if your boil or carbuncle:
• causes a fever
• recur frequently
• is on your spine
• lasts a long time
• extremely painful
• pus filled lesion is deep or large
• you have symptoms indicating your infection has spread
i have this bump close to the opening of my vagina not on the skin by the hair but in the vagina. It is painful where i cannot walk or hurts to walk the first time the doctor had to remove it with a needle he said it is normal. then after that it would come back again and again in the same spot its visible and  now bursts on its own puss and blood comes out when i become active or sit and apply pressure. It is smelly. I havent went to the doctor as yet again, should i go again??
sound like you have some ingrown hairs that are geting infected in the hair folicle. Bacteria cause infection keep the area very clean and don't try to pop them. Instead go to a beauty supply store , go to the mens facial care area and you will find many different products for ingrown hair bumps. My husband also get theese and the topical ointment took care of it. Oh yeah its called Skin tight. Its in a clear bottle with blue writing. It only cost about 11 dollars and it really worked for him. Hope this helps :)