blood in bowel movement
I went to the bathroom and had a bowel movement and it felt like knives coming out and when I wiped there were blood clots on the toilet paper and in the toilet there was alot of blood what is this a sign of? Please help do I need to call the doctor?

The causes of blood in the stools are many.First of all pls ensure whether it is blood in stools or from vagina.Maybe your periods have started.

Bloody stool means that there's some sort of injury or disorder located somewhere in your digestive tract. The closer the source of bleeding is to the anus, the brighter red the blood will be. This is because the bacteria in your digestive system work to break down the blood as it passes through. So the longer blood stays in your digestive tract, the darker it will become.

If the bloody stool is bright red, then it could be due to hemorrhoids or anal fissures. The causes of bloody stool that is more maroon in color is intestinal polyps, inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis (diverticulosis causes significant bleeding)

There is a possibility that the appearance of your stool was changed by something in your diet. Some foods, supplements and medicines have a tendency to turn your stool black. Are you taking iron pills or licorice? They can cause darkening of stools which people mistake for blood in the stools.

Other causes of blood in stools are bacterial and parasitic infestation(entamoeba), aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and, polyps (small growths) and cancerous tumors (malignant growths of tissue).
Diagnosis is by ultrasound abdomen and stool examination. In some cases sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy may be needed.

Pls consult a physician to find out the confirmatory diagnosis as treatment will depend on the same.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.