blood in sperm and in urine after ejaculation
10 months ago i saw blood in my sperm after intercourse. i had sex twice and everything was ok, and after the third time the problems began. my partner and i had hard sex and my penis hurt a bit when she was on top of me. i urinated a few minutes after ejaculating and blood came out along with a very big blood clot at the end. i had sexual intercourse about 7 or 8 times before seeing a doctor. the same occurred except for 2 times, in which no blood appeared. but the majority of times blood came out in the sperm, or only after ejaculation during urination, or both in the sperm and the urine. once i woke up without having had sex that week and urinated blood. i tested my blood, sperm, and urine and the only abnormality was a high psa level. my dr said it is very rare and is that high in 40/50 year old. i did a biopsy for prostate cancer and my dr said that everything was ok. after the biopsy, i waqs back to normal. however, the dr didn't know what was wrong and said it was an infection that went away. he didn't explain how it went away, and he told me to take vitamins and drink water. this was in september. 2 months ago i did a psa test and it was on the same level. no blood had appeared until three weeks ago. i had sex 4 times. the first three were normal, and during the fourth i ejaculated blood and blood and a blood clot came out in my urine. 4 days ago i was at a strip club and had a lap dance. i was aroused and had an erection. i went to the wc and a huge clot came out followed by blood an then another clot. this occured again during urination. i had not ejaculated thoug
Were you tested for STD's?  Sounds to me like you should if you haven't - if that's clear I would certianly push to see a urologist....it doesn't sound like "an infection" that just "went away"  Good luck
I had a PSA which continued to rise.  I had four biopsies which were negative, but the fifth was positive.  A needle biopsy can miss the tumor if it is small or in a place not easy to sample.  If I were you I would a least ask for another biopsy.  Good Luck!
thanks for the feedback. i saw my dr a few days ago and he told me to make blood, urine, and semen tests. things are more complicated now. blood comes out after i have sex. when i masturbate there is no blood. he told me that this is very strange. he told me to test my semen 3 times. he told me not to ejaculate 3 or 4 days before the 1st test, then to do the test again 3 days later, and to test it again 3 days after and immediately after having sex. this way he will be able to compare the results. i have no problem getting an erection and feel no pain whatsoever during ejaculation. my dr says that this is the first time he hears of such a case. people who get sperm in their blood experience pain when it comes out and have problems getting an erection, he says.apart from the fact that i get blood in my semen and in my urine after ejaculating only when i have sex, and not when i masturbate, the most mysterious and mind-boggling thing is what happened to me a few weeks ago. i went to a strip club and had a lap dance. i was extremely aroused and had an erection. the dancer touched my penis now and then for around 10 minutes. i was not allowed to touch her. i did not ejaculate, and i did not experience an orgasm. a few minutes after the lap dance had finished, i went to the toilet because i had to urinate. i urinated blood and a clot came out in the end. like i said, i did not have sex, masturbate, or ejaculate.
i tested for std's when my problem began a year ago and everything was fine. my dr has never mentioned any kind of std as being a possible reason for my situation. he says that my prostate is absolutely fine and that it is the size it should be. he therefore excludes the possibilty of me having prostate cancer because everything is fine and the fact that a person of my age (27) is too young to have cancer. he also excludes prostatitis as being a possibilty. he says that what is abnormal is my psa level and that i feel healthy (along with what i have written above).
i trust my dr 100 per cent and he is the best urologist in the country, and although i did not trust him in the beginning, i now believe every word he says. i have seen him over ten times and all of his other patients are above the age of 50, so i am certain that he is determined to solve my problem.
i will test myself for stds again, although my dr did not ask me to. do you know what stds are associated to my symptoms? i have never heard of blood in the sperm and in the urine after ejaculation being related to an std. thanks again
My apologies but there was an obvious typo in my second sentence.  It should read: "I had stringly (almost clot-like) blood in my urine and semen for a period of three days, and then it stopped."
Gentlemen... came across this post during a Google search related to a problem I had last week.  My symptoms were very similar to the original post.  I had stringly (almost clot-like) book in my urine and semen for a period of three days, and then it stopped.  There was no pain associated with it.  I did experience some tenderness when riding my bike, but I'm not sure if it was related or just me being paranoid that week.  It's not unusual to get a little bit of pressure on your prostrate when getting on a bike awkwardly.  

Anyway - the doc did blood and urine tests while this was happening.  The blood in the urine was an obvious result, and while I don't recall specifics of the blood work - he did tell me that there was no sign of an infection of any kind (including STD).  My creatinine levels were a bit high (just barely) and whatever measure of general renal function was a bit low (also barely) but not so much that he thinks there's a problem.  I lift weights regularly so he thought that the normal ranges may be a bit off for me.

The blood has stopped and a urine test as of yesterday showed no detectable trace of blood in my urine at all.  My doc is still a bit baffled and wants to be safe so he's sending me for a renal tract ultrasound next week to look for anything out of the ordinary.  

I'm hoping that it was a fluke acute occurance, but if anything is concluded I'll post it here.
how about what someone said about std's? what std has these symptoms? last time the blood clot came out it was huge. i felt it going down my urethra for 3-4 minutes
it was flat and round-like. about 2 inches in diameter. i hope its a clot and not something else...
i have almost the same symptoms to what has been written on this page and i have not contacted any doctors but i have been told that it is normal that blood could be found in your urine.
i have had blood clots in the ejaculation during sex and a lot bigger and more in the urine after i finished intercourse. i am a bit worried honestly. it never happend when i masterbate! wierd! only from bj's  and sex! if anyone can help me please do!.
thank you
I have the same exact problem on and off for years, some years no problem at all. No one seems to have a clue what it is. People with this problem get tested for cancer and have all types of scans done with no result. I hope that some light would be shead on this issue and someone will find some answers. It really takes the fun out of sex knowing that I might ejac blood and urinate clots. First I thought I was passing stones or something but now I just don't know and I'm a little scared. Please come back to this forum if anyone with this problem has answers.
I have the exact same symptoms as you losst, hisham and ebell79. I have seen 3 different urologists and a few other general practitioners but like you, I have never had any answers.

I have had this problem on and off since 1990 when I was 33. I am now 49. Since last summer, the problem is recurring more often. I do not have and have never had any STD's. The first time it happened was after a masturbation during which I held back my ejaculation for a very long time. When I saw thick red blood coming out instead of semen, I freaked out.

I had a complete checkup recently. My PSA is normal, prostate is not swollen, blood pressure normal, no cholesterol, blood chemistry is fine. I don't smoke and drink only occasionally. I am about 10-15 pounds overweight but that's not unusual for a man my age. I don't exercise enough but I do watch what I eat.

In every occurence, the pattern is the same: blood in my semen and more often than not, small blood clots. When I urinate after, more blood comes out along with a medium to large size blood clot. The size of the clot depends on how much time elapsed between ejaculation and urination. Once the blood clot has passed through, there's no more blood and the next urinations are clear.

Over the years, I made some mistakes and learned a few things along the way.

1. No medication I tried never made any difference.

2. The only thing that makes my condition improve is abstinence for a week or two (which drives me absolutely nuts). Sometimes, even 2 weeks isn't enough and blood still comes out. It seems the amount of time required to heal keeps increasing over the years. I find this part really hard to deal with.

3. When it happens, I always make sure I go urinate ASAP. The sooner the better because the blood clot gets bigger and stickier with time. The longer it takes, the harder and more painful it is to urinate. And the more damage to your urethra the clot is likely to cause when it goes through (on top of the damage that's already there which in turn will take longer to heal... It's a vicious circle).

4. When you have this condition, NEVER NEVER have sex or masturbate just before going to sleep because of what I mentionned above: it's the perfect recipe for a big, hard and painful blood clot. I did that once and bitterly regretted it. The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is go pee. Well that day, my urethra was so clogged it took until 11PM until I was able to urinate and the clot that came out was the size of a friggin baseball!! Worst day of my life. NEVER again...

Doctors call this hematospermia. The consensus among them is that it's a benign condition and nothing to worry about. That's only true if it occurs only once or very rarely in your life. If it's a recurring/worsening condition like in my case, then it's a pure nightmare. It ruins your sex life which in turn leads to anxiety, insecurity, extreme frustration, loss of self esteem and depression.

The only people who have the luxury of calling this condition "benign" and "nothing to worry about" are the ones who are not afflicted by it. I strongly resent the way some physicians trivialize this condition. It's anything but trivial.

I have been searching the internet for months trying to find men who share this condition. If the doctors can't do anything for us then we're going to have to do something for ourselves. I don't know what the cause is and I'm desperately seeking a solution.

I'm not a physician but I am left with no other alternative but to speculate and theoricize on the cause of this condition. After much thought and analysis, I'm leaning towards the idea that the bleeding is caused by tears in the lining of the urethra and that the tears are caused by the skin stretching very tight during an erection. That and/or blood vessels rupturing because of high blood pressure during an erection.

This would explain why the bleeding stops after the ejaculation: IMO, the blood in the urine is only residual blood (mixed with semen) that got pushed into the bladder during ejaculation. The erection goes down, the skin goes loose and blood pressure goes down. The cut or blood vessel sort of semi-heals itself until the next erection/ejaculation which opens the cut again. This would also explain why abstinence for one to three weeks is the only thing that works: internal tears on thin mucous membranes take a long time to heal properly.

Please keep me all posted. I will check here often and do the same if I find anything. If anybody here who shares my condition are interested in exchanging email addresses, don't hesitate to ask. Also if you're reading this and haven't posted, I strongly encourage you to share your experience. The more we gather, the better our chances of finding a solution.
In reply to seeker01.

Great response, thanks

I have exactly the same symptoms, however this is my first coccurence, and I have to say that my feelings on the root cause are the same i.e. it's a rupture that's only opened when the errection is brought on by direct sex with your partner, I personally have no issues with masturbation.

I'm sad to hear about the abstinence, I hope that wont be the same with myself :) that'll be a killer

Like seeker01 I've had prostate tests (DRE), twice now with no signs of the dreaded PC or prostatis, I've just been for a cysctoscopy today and have no issues on that side either.

I have been doing some very long distance cycling recently which the consultant felt may have brought this on (this info you wlll find on the net).  Hermaatospia he said generally goes away of it's own accord, however I agree with seeker01 that it can be an emmotional rollercoster for both yourself and your partner in the interim.

As a btw, I dont even have to ejaculate for the bleeding to occur, just heavy petting can bring this on, but I get the same clots in the same way as everyone else.

What I would recomened to those who have the affilction is to go see your doctor and get the tests done, what is true for some may not be true for others and these symptoms can be a sign of other things.

On the bright side my consultant did say today that it was highly unlikely for it to be something else in my case, the reason I ended up having to have the additionl tests was because my PSA count was at 2.6, and whilt that is below the 4.0 cut off point, for a man of my age (43)it was still considered to be a little on the high side, 2.5 is the cuttoff between 40 - 50.  Again a slightly raised PSA count can also be because of the hermatospia symptoms......  I tell you, it's a minefiled of dissinformation.

Like all of us, you can't find a thing on the internet that doesn't point you to prostate troubles e.g. PC.  What is true from what he said this morning is that the blood does come from the prostate......  I tend to instinctivly agree with seeker01 however that it's a tear or leak when fully errect, what makes me think that this may not be the cause is that you'd think they could see this down the scope and it's a simple diagnsis. A mate joked saying I'd got a high pressure leak ...maybe he's right.

As I get more diagnosis from consultants I will for sure post up any findings.  However again, dont put off going to your own doctor to get yourself tested

Lets hope one of us comes up with an answer, however the fact that there's no info on the net, and doctors seem unable to explain it is frustrating and maybe tells us that there is no answer.

c'est la vie

Frustating is right but I refuse to believe that there is no answer. I am convinced that the medical community simply hasn't found the answer yet. Part of the problem lies in the fact that only a very small percentage of adult males have this problem and as a consequence, it doesn't get the attention needed to find a durable cure when it comes to medical research.
Hello all!

I am really sad to hear all the symptoms you guys are facing. I just recently had similar minor problem, I am not sure if it relates at all. It happened twice that AFTER urinating I saw a few drop of blood, the first time there was very tiny clot-like thingie in that blood, second time it was just blood, while the urine was of normal color.

I have not been to a doctor yet, I searched the internet and the closest thing to myptoms I saw was some infections related to kidney, bladder etc. But I didn't feel any pain before, during or after urinating. I had sex in the morning but there was no blood when urinated afterwards (don't know if there was anything in sperm).

Did anyone of you face this? Is it beginning of what you guys are going through now? If that is the case and all of you have been to doctor who are clueless about this then may be we should start analysing it ourselves. Put all our eating habits like foods, physical habits (work nature) to see if there is anything common etc.
i was relieved to read stories about this and i prayed  nothing is serious...
im a gay male and had this encounter with a 24 year old  guy(accdg to him his 25).we had oral sex and used me with condom...we masturbated and cummed and thats it. he cleaned himself in the washroom.after that, i went inside and shocked by the blood on the side of the toilet bowl.i freaked  out and ask him whats that all about.i was so terrified. he said  he have some prostate problem. i was a little releived.he left and still i have a bad feeling about this, so i check out the condom he used and stunned by the tinged of blood clot in his semen. terrible things runs thru my mind. this happened early this morning, and i dunno what to do. i head for some info thru a nurse friend and told  me stuff like liver and kidney problem and a hint of std. but after i read all the so similar stories here, im relieved but still worries a little. there a side of this incident that teaches me to practice more on safe sex, i believe that everythings happens for a reason, and the message for me is to look after my health more, limit encounters and practice safe sex..thanks heavens.....
Hello All,

About four weeks ago, after an intercourse with my wife, I noticed at the end of my ejaculation, the sperm with a redish color. Due to the circustamces I felt I had nothing to worry about. No pain or clot while urinating.
After 5 days on hold, I did not even remember the event until today after masturbating I noticed blood again at the end of the ejaculation. Again, no pain or itching or anything different, just blood mixed with sperm.
I google "blood after ejaculation" and found this site with real life experience.
I can guarantee it is not STD. I have been married for 13 years (I am 34) and donate blood regularly. I don't smoke, not overweighted, drink socially, eat well and exercise regularly.

I found very useful all the comments specialy the one sent by seeker01. Based on all comments I decided not to seek medical opinion just yet. I will watch my habits and try to find any correlation. As example, for the second event, I had ejaculated all days for the previous 10 days.

If I had to guess I would say stress may be a factor to be considered.

After some weeks I will come up with some information. If the condition does not change, I will seek medical care.

I had a similar situation;
Erectile dysfunction set in in 1997. Viagra helped when it came on the market. Retrogressive ejaculation followed in 2001; it may be as a result of damage done during removal of kidney-stone although doctors seem to disagree on this. Found blood when masturbating (but none in urine) earlier this year. Saw doctor and had pta test done. It was normal. I went though hell while waiting on result. I was almost sure I has cancer. The condition cleared up. It has now recurred and there seems to be more blood than the first time.Seemingly it can be caused by burst blood vessels when "there is no semen".
hi.ive had a problem for thirteen years on and off since 27.im now 40.it started one day after having a long sex session,when i came i shot huge ammounts of blood and was totally freaked out.when i went to wee after it was full of blood and clots.i went to hospital and they couldnt care less.i again went to toilet ,but all was o.k.  next time i had sex i was really worried,but again all was o.k   eventually i forgot about incident ,but a few months later it happened again,exactly the same scenario.had an tube put up privates-very nice.but all was clear.have been having intermittant episodes of this happening ever since---about 15 times.actually went 3 years without it happening,but it returned...twice didnt even ejeculate,was just really turned on for a long period of time,went to toilet and yes....blood and clots....please has anyone got any ideas im desperate to know what it could be.thanks
I am a 35yo white male and I got similar episodes of blood in urine during the last 3 years, averaging twice a year, total of 5 so far.
In my case it started during masturbation where I held the ejaculate for (too) long time.
After the second episode, I went to the doctor, she made me all the  possible tests: PSA, blood and urine cultures, prosthate exploration and bladder x-rays and ultrasound.
Everything was normal. Finally the explanation I got was that there was a tissue problem somewhere in the ducts running from the sperm vesicles to the penis, and in the same way some people are prone to nosebleedings, it might be the same with me and my seminal ducts.
The congestion in the prosthate during long  lasting erections and the high pressure of the ejaculation may cause damage in weak duct tissue, thus producing the bleeding.
After some tests I came to similar conclusions as seeker01
posted on 07/05/2006.
Looks like abstinence during 2 weeks after each episode kind of solves the problem, as long as no hard erection "happens", which requires *lots* of mental discipline :-( during that time. Shortening the intercourse/masturbation duration also might prevent the problem from reappearing.

well I think im the youngest in here, Im 15 years old. I have the same problem all of you have. This just recently started to happen to me while I was on vacation. I had been abstinence for a pretty long time. When I had finally masturbated blood came out instead of sperm. I freak and didnt tell nobody till the next day when I notice I was peeing blood. I got scared and hold back my urine and my dad took me to the hospital. There I got check and they didnt find anything. Well the doctor told me to drink alot of liquids and to pee alot, and when I got back home I pee and it was back to normal. Well I dont really remember but I remember that I had masturbated and blood didnt come out out, but then again it happen but I would pee blood and on the second time I would pee it would be normal. Then one day once I got back and it happen again but really bad this time. I had really got into it and did it for a while when alot of blood came out. So i went to pee and i waz peeing alot of blood then again and more blood, untill i got really clot and couldnt pee so went into emergency into the hospital. There I got check for everyhting. They took out my blood, check my urine with blood, got a ultrasonic to check for stones, and got a physical check on my penis. They had to stick in a small tube into my penis so i can pee and let me tell you that was the worst exprience i have every had in my life. Well i pee a lil bit and went to the bathroom. There i was still clot but the though of having something stuck into my penis again made me pee. First i pee blood and could see the urine a lil then a black clot came out and then a big one came out like the size of a dollar quarter and then finally normal pee. I was in the hospital all day without peeing so when i finally pee it waz a full relief and i think the longest **** i had ever took. Welll now i been abstinence a week and 2 days , and im scared to do anything, I think I got dramatize with that tube they stuck in my penis. Well Im soppose to go to the urologist in a couple of days and see what he thinks.
All,
First I thank the first person to post this subject. I believe it took great courage to do so. I also would like to thank you
Thank God I am not the only one.   Watching Playboy movies this morning and went to the bathroom to masturbate.  Noticed the blood in semen.  Freaked out!  Thought about calling my doctor, but first wanted to check the web.  Stumbled onto this site and very thankful for it.  The only thing that I know is that a couple days ago I either pulled my groin muscle or somehow squished my left testicle.  Man did it hurt!  Feeling pretty good right now, but still a little tender.  Could that be related to my experience?  Even if I did go to the doctor, from everyone's comments, sounds like it would be a waste of time.
I will keep checking on this post to see if anyone has come up with anything else.  
By the way I am 35.
Thanks for the support!
I have the same symptons as all you guys, i must say thank you to everyone who has posted as i feel quite relieved that nothing is seriously wrong judging by what you have all wrote. I am 33, it first happend to me after a fairly regular sex session with my girlfriend when i was 27, i felt i needed to urinate, i passed a lot of blood, thick, clotted and a very dark reddy colour, after about 5 mins the same happend, i would guess that each time i must have passed about half a litre, maybe there was urine mixed with it, i dont know but if there was you couldnt tell, there was no pain but it really freaked me out. My doctor said it was normal and it never happend again until last month, thats nearly 6 years, in that 6 years i have been sexually active without any problems. Last month it happend again, this time it was worse, the same senario, sex then a need to urinate, just a few drops came out but i could tell there was a blockage, i tried for maybe 2 or 3 hours to pass the blood but my tubes were blocked or clotted, i was starting to panic so i drank lots of water hoping the extra pressure would eventually force clear the blockage, i then put my clothes on and was getting ready to go to casualty as i knew this had to be cleared when i felt the urge to urinate again, the water i had drank was ready to be passed and it worked, it cleared the clot but it was a real mess, it shot out and went everywhere. I havnt had sex since but i have masturbated reguarly without any problems, a friend of mine who is a doctor says there is nothing to worry about but i find it quite distressing. I am a smoker, i am fairly fit but maybe a little over weight, i try to eat well. It is really comforting to know im not alone, i also found this by typing 'ejaculating then blood' into google. There has to be a reason why this happens, i for one would love to know why, cheers guys.
Hi, I know you'll all understand when I say I was pleased to read all these comments here. Its because i thought I suffered alone!  I am 61, have a normal sex life and a couple of years ago started noticing blood in semen and also urine, sometimes a lot, sometimes a little, large clots small clots, fresh blood, old blood.  At first I freaked too! Eventually I went to see a specialist urologist and after I had a mini-camera shoved up my JT (how painful is THAT!!!) I was told I have no protate cancer and that these episodes were nothing to worry about.  Well I can go a few weeks without any sign of blood, then it returns. Pink sperm is something else isnt it??  I get no pain with this, but I HAVE identified that it happens when I get low back pain, and I get this from exercise, usually when I carry a bag of golf clubs - but I also get back pain without carrying clubs - so is the pain the cause of the blood, or the blood the cause of the pain???   I notice that some of you have received injuries - so maybe it is related in some way???
I'll check in with you guys from time to time to see if there are any "cures" !   Take is easy........
Hi, My name is Adam and I am 19. I have the same symptoms as all of you and I have been through everything. It first started with me when I was 17 and now has come back after a sexual episode with my girlfreind. When I first had it my doctor thought it was kiddney stones but they never found a stone. I was in the hospital for 2 days at one point because I could not go to the bathroom (a very painful Catheter changed that).Also, like all of you I have been told by my doctor that they just don't know what it is and they continue to tell me not to worry about it. I am, however, freacking out! I am avoiding my girlfriend just because I dont want to get turned on by her and end up the the hospital. I need help badly, i am leaving for school soon and that is across the country. God, this sucks! I am a healthy 19 year old man. I run every day and eat healthy foods. I have good blood pressure and weigh around 130 (5'7). I don't know if that helps but there it is anyways. Email me if anyone hears anything @ ***@****
Correction:

I posted a comment a few minutes ago in which I stated that the only thing I could tie it to was an unpleasant incident with my woman which may have injured by organ.

There was one other thing that happened prior to the symptoms.

During weight training (squats) I strained an old hernia injury.
I experienced lower abdominal strains and have since been trying to heal the injury.

What's up?
It's senseless to state my symptoms. I have a question though.

This seems to have started after I had an unfortunate experience with my lady. She moved in a way that put excessive force on my organ in an unnatural position. It was sudden and forceful. My organ was forced in the wrong direction, so to speak. This is the only thing I can connect the problem with.

Have any of you had such an experience? I noticed that many of you referred to "rough sex" during your explanation. Perhaps we've experienced some form of damage which is uncommon. One of the guys that offered a comment made sense in that we could have done some internal damage which requires proper healing.

Sex is a great gift, but it isn't everything. We need to quit until we figure it out.

I'm about to research the psychological connection to the passion which arouses us in order to discover how the physiological effects of ejaculation tie in.

You are all seeing how ejaculation takes on different forms. No one is seeing it after masturbation. I don't even like masturbation, but the circumstances require that we test ourselves.

I'm like the rest of you. No blood after masterbation. The fellow who experienced the problem after a lap dance experienced the problem although he didn't have sex. But he was obviously aroused.

I have determined that there is a psychological factor. Something has to be happening differently physically based on our method of arousal. If I have very passionate thoughts towards my woman, blood will form as I become aroused. But since there's no passion in masterbation, I experience no bleeding. Check yourselves leading up to orgasm while with your woman. Rest assured you will see blood in your sperm if you're leaking at all.

Maybe I'm stupid, but I have to look at the psychological factor.
I haven't even been to a doctor because they've rarely helped me or my children in the past. In the meantime, I'm going to abstain from sex and see if my body heals itself while I keep digging for answers.

If any believers are out there, get to praying for answers, because I haven't heard any good ones yet.
Hi all , I have just started to experience the same. Started monday after sex I went to the washroom and had pure red urine.
Iwent to the doc right away and he did a physical and sent me for urine and blood tests. More tsets on the way . By that afternoon my urine had turned normal looking. Today ( Thurs )
After sex ,again blood in my urine . Sure glad I found this site by google. Also no pain before , during ,after .
Look I have no doubt anymore that, reading the above and based upon my own experience, the problem is a mechanical one.  Veins are stressed up during erection and sexual intercourse because of strong prostatic compressions.  I think this blood in spermea ailment can be stopped short the same way people experiencing internal hemorroids do.  For those who do not know what internal hemorroids are, its a bleeding of vessels located just inside the anal passage.  So my strong recomendation is this one: after taking your shower try to spread the region located between testicals and anal passage, location of the prostate, with icy water for a period of around 30 seconds (which is a lot when applying icy water on the skin).  Do not worry, you will not die of it.  Many people swim in icy water, even in winter time, Scandinavians, Japanese, and thereby strenghten their immune system.  Icy water will contract your veins and vessels, stopping short hemoragia and reparing broken vessels.  It will also strenghten them for when you will have sexual intercourse again.  Do it for a period of two to three weeks.  As a whole, cold water will do good to your body, it will help your bodily energies and immune system focus on problem areas.  To avoid pain when urinating after having ejaculated sperm mixed with blood, make sure to urinate immediately after ejaculation.  This will free the urine channel.  Take care!
hi guys,

Same story with the blood in the sperm pretty much.

Just happened for the first time two weeks ag and as follows;

im 32;
passed a large clot during ejaculation with my partner for first time;
went to the toilet to pee and noticed further blood and clot in urine;
clot was large enough to feel moveing down my urthra and was stringy on examination;
went and saw my doctor and she sent me for ultrasound and xray which came back fine with the exception of some minor vascular calcification which is unrelated (in wrong area).
went back today to doctor and she has taken a PSA test so we will see what the result is;

One thing that I have been expereincing a range of symptoms from some mystery illness for the last 8months or so after a trip to the phillipines;
Around returning was diagnosed with a gut parasite _ Blastocystis;
took course of antibiotics on 4 occasion this year for this;
also diagnosed with whooping cough without the cough this year;
Also a period of high anxiety and depression for me as I thought I had contracted some STD or something - all negative except for CMV and Epstein Barr which already knew about.
Also my liver enzymes have been fluctuating, intestinal ulceration on the ileum (GIT), apthous tongue ulcers and periodical low iron studies on several occasions;

I don't know if these are related because you all sound like you fit and healthy but I am wondering if stress has triggered and autoimmune response because these all seem to be signs of inflammation in various body systems etc.

I would be interested to see if stress is a common sign in our cases.

Lets keep this up as its important to share anything that might help us in the right direction!

Cheers
The stress thing is actually one I can relate to. When it first started I was having major problems with my 3yr girlfriend. The second time is started was when all my freinds had left for college and I was heading off basically to start my life, very stressful to me atleast.
bleak, you mentionned:

"I'm like the rest of you. No blood after masterbation."

... some of us DO ejaculate blood both during intercourse and masturbation. Even though the symptoms are the same, I noticed that the circumstances in which they occur tend to vary from one guy to the next.

The psychological factor is definitely worth looking into. From my personal experience, I'm personally leaning towards a psycho-motor cause myself. Let me explain. Since about 10 days after my last post above, I have been OK... touching wood (no pun intended) and thanking my lucky star here.

Like I mentionned, this condition usually occurs for me after holding back ejaculation for a long time either during intercourse or masturbation. During intercourse, men are typically concerned by wanting to perform. This, both out of male pride and from the desire to satisfy our female partner.

During masturbation, I guess we simply want to make the pleasure last longer. Maybe we just overdo it. Maybe excessive stroking, either from the pressure of a hand or a woman's vagina (especially if it's very tight) can cause the delicate internal tissue or a blood vessel to become raw and tear during the pressure of ejaculation.

Bottom line:
I've been taking it real easy. I do masturbate but I try to stroke or touch myself as little as possible and I'm careful not to apply too much hand pressure on my penis. During intercourse, I have no control over these factors of course but OTOH, I don't try to hold back my ejaculation.

In both cases, and this is the psycho-motor factor I was mentionning above, I don't PUSH my ejaculation either (which is something that I semi-consciously did). My theory is that by trying to voluntarily "assist" your ejaculation's muscular spasms during orgasm can be a cause of the damage. The reason being that if your "voluntary pushing" goes "out of synch" with your natural involuntary orgasmic spasms, some kind of tearing could result from it.

Like some kind of tug-of-war between voluntary and involuntary contractions... and your blood vessels is the rope.

So, try to let your spams occur naturally... Once you reach the "point of no return" during sex, don't hold back and don't push either. When it's time, it's time. Let go and let nature take its course.

Also, I have been taking natural supplements for several months to strengthen the body's blood vessels: Grape Seed extract, Horse Chestnut and Butcher's Broom. I can't tell for sure if they helped but they sure can't hurt. I also take Proscar (1/4 of a pill a day) for hair regrowth.

I am a 25 yr old male.  I had this happen to me about four months ago when I was having intercourse with my wife.  It scared the living daylights out of us both.  When I had this happen though I was stuck in Texas, and I live in Ohio.  To say the least we were both in an exteremely stressfull situation while in Texas beyond the blood in my ejaculation.  I went to the hospital about five hours after the incident, they were not very worried but I still was freaked out.  My wife was beside herself thinking something could truly be wrong, and while she might have been over-reacting, she had her reasons.  

Anyways they told me to go to my regular doctor in Ohio as soon as possible.  So without further delay we left that day, and then were at my regular doctors within two days.  At the hospital in Texas, the doctors in Ohio, and the urologist I was further refered to.  They all said the same damn thing, Forcefull Ejaculation.  They barely even gave a **** what I was feeling or worried about.  It helped they are so certain, but I had it again last night.  We were in the same sexual position as last time, but this time instead of ejaculating on her back like I had originally had, I did it inside of her.  Only noticed the blood because I was wiping and squeezing any left overs out.  

She is not worried, and I am.  But due to the fact that I have just started a new job, and have absolutely no health benefits I cannot/will not go to the doctors, because we are still paying off the bills!

I hate to sound what I guess could be considered like a baby, but I am telling you all this.  Stuff like this scares the **** out of me.  Ya know?  I just got married in June, and I really, really do not want to die of some mis-diagnosed colon cancer.

I agree with what people above have said, when they say that it seems like the doctors simply do not care/worry, and do not see the emotional side of something like this.  So please if any of you do know a place where they treat this for real, and have answers let me know.

TomredIRA
RE:Adam20

I am almost the opposite of you on this Adam, I am a 25 yr old male, 5'10 163, smoker who does not take really good care of himself. Although I have had two catheters before in my life, one was after a car wreck where I was left with scar tissue from how they catherized me, and the other was after a stomach surgery called a Fundal Placation, I think thats the spelling.  Trust me, you are not alone in this.  The wisest thing to do is find a new doctor, and keep at them untill they tell you something.

If anyone needs or wants to contact me, ***@****
Relieved I found you guys yet dissapointed that no cure was posted. I believe I will try DoctorSams suggestion with the ice. But perhaps a cold compress. Where I'm from there is no such thing as cold water out of a faucet.
In the interest of finding the common ground I will describe my scenarios and physical characteristics.
I'm 38 about 20 lbs overweight. i do not workout but use to be in construction so i am still in pretty good shape. The extra pounds come from working behind a desk the last 2 years. I do have high levels of stress, i suffer from tension headaches. I quit smoking about 8 years ago.
The first occurance was about 10 months ago. Went to the Dr. and he ran the gambit of test including the trip to the urologists and his lovely little "Camera on a Stick". You would think in this day and age they could have made it alittle smaller.
It eventually went away after a couple of weeks. Of course it has returned again or I wouldn't be writing this now. In the time between, the sex with my wife has pretty much been the same. I prefer long forplay so i have an erection for an extended period of time.My masterbation sessions have lately been real quick. I wouldn't say we have rough sex but I do have her push my penis towards my feet when she is performing oral sex. My penis naturally goes upward rather than straight out. The pushing down makes it more intense.
This latest occurance was a couple of weeks ago. Like the gentlman at the strip club I had been aroused by watching something on TV for awhile when i got up to urinate I got a few trickles of blood then a mass blockage. I was unable to urinate until i was in the shower about an hour later. The clot was about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
Now that it has started again I will keep close track of the scenarios and see if the cold compress works. I don't think i can control my stress levels since the fact that this is happening has got me pretty stressed out.
Another case checking in here! I first started to post a couple of weeks ago, but abandoned it and saved the text intending to return later because I wanted to show my wife this thread but felt awkward about her seeing our details on here. Here's what I wrote then:

"Sat here at 3am very relieved to find this thread!

I'm a 38 year old, married 14 years with no other sexual partners. I've just had this urinating blood after sex thing for the second time. The first was about a month ago. My wife freaked when there was blood all over the sheets. She was sure it was her, but when I went to the toilet I was urinating bright red. I told her this, but she was still convinced it was her that had bled and that I must just have had some of her blood in my penis from having sex. When my  urine ran clear after the next time I went to the toilet, I convinced myself that maybe she was right, even though really I knew there had been too much blood in my urine for that to be the explanation. As it didn't happen again next time we made love, I kind of forgot about it.

However, as I say I've just had the same thing again after an oral sex session. This time there was no blood when I ejaculated, and I fell asleep afterwards, then woke up needing to urinate, and passed a lot of blood. Unlike most of you there were no obvious clots. However, part way through urinating, the stream just stopped even though I felt I still needed to go. I tried to continue urinating but couldn't. I got in the shower, and after a few moments, the stream of urine mixed with blood continued, garadually running a from vivid bright red, to a paler pink.

After that the scenario will be familiar: a feeling of real anxiety and straight onto the internet to try and find out what's up. This thread seems to be the only reference that describes these symptoms. Like others this has never happened during masturbation. This time there was no blood mixed with my semen, but the first occasion I think I must have bled while inside my wife, even though I ejaculated outside."

After I wrote that I had more deep red urine, and a blockage followed by a couple of large clots before things got back to normal.

As soon as I could I contacted my doctor (we have a system where you speak on the phone and he decides whether you need to see him). Anyhow he was quite reassuring and said it was probably the result of normal changes in the prostate resulting in bleeding similar to a nosebleed. But he said he'd refer me to the urology dept of the hospital to rule out any other problems.

Since then I've been waiting to hear from the hospital, and have avoided sexual contact with my wife through anxiety about the consequences. I have masturbated fairly regularly with no symptoms. Until last night, when I masturbated before going to bed, then went to the bathroom and passed deepish pink urine and a biggish clot again.

I phoned the hospital this morning to check my referral had been passed on, and to find out how long I should be waiting to hear from them. It could be up to 13 weeks before I get an appointment.

A common thread here is that even assuming this condition is benign in the sense that it isn't life threatening or physically debilitating, it can provoke real anxiety. I only slept an hour or two last night so felt dreadful in work today. I'm going to pee every few minutes and I'm thinking 'is this a symptom that there's something wrong, or am I just wanting to pee because I'm anxious.' Also I'm getting fairly low level abdominal aches, but again, there's as good a chance that that's a result of combined fatigue and anxiety. ut then I'm anxious that it may be something more. Vicious circle time.

There doesn't seem to be that much online about this (hence the congregation of bewildered posters here, I guess) but I came across an interesting relevant article:

http://www.jpgmonline.com/article.asp?issn=0022-3859;year=2004;volume=50;issue=4;spage=312;epage=313;aulast=Kumar#ft5

I thought my vocabulary was pretty up to date but that article you posted proved me wrong. So let me try to understand this, the gentelmen they did this report on and used the "laser" on was recorded to have recovered from his symptoms? or was he just tested on?
hi, Im 19 and i agree with the stress level being related to this. Im accused of such a bad charge that my life is turned upside down i cant work, im suspended from college and court will prolly last up to a yr and i kno im innocent but Im still very stressed from it so this is prolly why this condition has been occuring. It just started yesterday, i feel normal before and after, the urine is fine but theres lots of blood mixed in with the sperm. yesterday it was just specks of blood so i didnt think to much bout it, but today it was a large amount of blood with the sperm. i havent yet urinated after the masterbation which happened a few hrs ago, but im not sure if i cant because im just to parinoid of this whole ordeal or if its really clotting like a bunch of other people have mentioned. I too would love to email back and forth with all to come up with the cause to this messed up condition. email me at ***@****

ps there are 2 letter os in the email Not zeros.

thanks and ttyl

-Herschel-
Adam- I had to use the "define:" feature of Google a lot to make any sense of that article, too! But if I've read it right then yes: the patient involved seems to have been free of symptoms after having some kind of laser treatment.
Hello everyone,

I really dont need to mention anymore systoms because they are already posted above, just thought that I could just place a post, to say here is another case. I've had this happen 4 times over last 5 years. I been to all the doctors with same results as above, NO AWNSERS??

Here is what I have learned.

First time I freaked and did all the doctor things thinking I was going to bleed to death and die. Doctors had no swnsers and said I was going to be fine.

So I did some testing which caused next two times almost predetermined based on some thoughts I had about this issue. The second time holding to long and positioning seem to cause it. Then after that normal sex for about 6 months. Then thrid time holding to long and positioning seemed to bring it on again. So normal sex other than maybe just holding out (slightly longer without any rough poositions or rough positioning without holding out long) for last few years with no problems.

Then then today which is the fourth time back to holding and rough positioning seem to make it happen again. Seems to be predictable now.

NOTE: When I say rough positioning I'm refering to bending in positions that it dont want to go.

So I'm wrapping my case with the conclusion that its some kinda of blood vessel somewhere in the system that gets distrubed during the erection, bad positioning and holding out to long.

ANOTHER NOTE: Anyone having similar problems with blood in the urine should consider these facts on how to tell where in the system the problem could be. First you should always see a doctor, they can rule out other problems. Second when urinating blood you should pay attention to exactly when the blood came out and density, if urine color is darker right away and fades and also in the semen after some form of sex then the problem may be similar to the posts here. If the blood comes out without any sexual contact seek a doctor, or if you seen clear urine for a second or 2 and it begins to turn to blood this could indicate problems further down the line like kidneys. This is some of the things the doctors told me.

Hope this post helps someone and I will keep my eye on it for new developments.

Thanks for starting this post it will probably help out more than the doctors.
Hi, my name is Charlie, im 23yo

I have the same problems as mentioned above, it started 3yrs ago and has happened to me about 5 times. Ive had all the tests done and the only thing they can find is that my prostate is slightly larger than normal. I was on proscar for about five months but didnt feel it helped. The dr & the urologist say that im fine but im still worried. It just happened yesterday, I was watching porn with my girlfriend and was extremely aroused after a while of foreplay, suddenly I felt the urge to pee, I peed blood with blood clots the size of grapes then it just stopped and couldnt pee anymore (and felt pain). I forced myself to urine but still had trouble for about 10 minutes, so then I got hand soap & water and started rubbing my penis to make me feel the urge to pee, and it worked.. The last time that happend i went to the hospital ER because i kud not pee. They also put a catheter..had to wear it for about a week..(very painful)
  I just had sex with my girlfriend and nothing happend everything was normal. (that was strange) i was expecting the same from last night.. I think we should contact UCLA to do a research about our undiagnosed symptoms..I will try to call them tomorrow.               chrlie_0***@****  (under score zero)
Hi, my name is Charlie, im 23yo

I to have this problem, first time. Lots of blood in my sperm and sometimes a little at the start of my pee. This is day 4 after first noticing it. I would like to know if you don't get rid of the blood by (cumming) then won't it sit inside and clog up. I mean where else can it go if your bleeding? Is it better to leave it be or should it be cleaned out once a day ?
I'am a 67year old who recently started using a vacumn system to assist in achieving and mantaining an erection. The system uses a constriction band at the base of the penis in order to mantain the erection once it has been achieved.This keeps the blood in the penis, mantaining the erection until it is removed. The instruction book mentioned that the constriction band may not allow semen to pass until it was removed, even though orgasm was achieved. That has happened to me all three times I have used the system. However, I have also had blood in the semen and blood in my urine as well. First time the blood in my urine lasted about 24 hours in ever decreasing amounts. The second time, the blood in the urine lasted a much shorter duration. The last time I used a slightly larger constriction band. Some semen escaped on orgasm and the rest came out when I released the band, along with traces of blood. However, when I uninated there was no blood.
I will call the manufacturer of the system and ask about the blood, and if I get no answers I will see a urologist to ask the same question. However, common sense tells me what has happened is a pressure problem. The build up of blood pressure causing the erection combined with the pressure caused by the orgasm being constricted is causing some small veins in the system to rupture. I believe this will happen almost any time one tries to hold back an orgasm by any unnatural means. I can remember when I was a teen first experimenting with masterbation and I uesd something to prevent the semen from escaping when I had an orgasm. WhenI removed the device there was blood in my urine. Scared me to death and I never did it again.
My conclusion is that there is no disease or infection or any major problem, especially if you experience no blood in the urine at any other time than after orgasm. If I get any other definitive answer from the doctor or the manufacture of the device I will post again. Thanks to everyone else who has posted on this topic. For me,the aggragate of all the info has been helpful in reaching my conclusion.
Im 43 and expereinced pretty much everything above,  blood in Urine with clots directly after an sexual experince.  Even if I was just making out with my girlfriend, it occurs.  Drs are clueless.....It started after one night of heavy petting just 2 months ago...as we are obstaining from actual intercourse for religious reasons. Positioning could be a factor, and prolonged sustainment from ejacualtion may be a key as well.  I agree with Seeker01 and DocSam.  I will obstain for three weeks with out any sexual experince (even heavy petting)and will also use cold water treatment in area identified to see if the "rupture" can adequately heal. After such self treatment I will get back on line to post my results.  hope this helps
My husband (71) recently discovered blood in his semen and went to Dr for tests. There was also blood in his urine.
He was sent for Xrays and a scan. They showed that there was a growth on his kidney and that with this type of growth there was a 90% chance of it being cancer.
He has just returned home from having the whole kidney removed.
We will find out results in about 6 weeks time.
Thought I would mention this as one just never knows and it is best to be well informed.
Hi everyone...Im 33 and have been haveing this problem since I was 20.Im from connecticut and hearing everyones story that is just like mine makes me feel like im not alone.I have the exact same symptoms as everone else.About ten yrs ago I had all the same test done.Everything came back fine.And I went on with my life after that.In my mid twenties it happend again to me but I didnt go back to the docters.I went about five yrs without it happening again until recently.So i went back to the doctors about two weeks ago, he said that he was no stranger to this and not to worry and sent me to get checked for std's that might cause this....everything came back fine.He also said if it happend again he would refer me to a urologist.Well it happend again over the weekend.I went and seen the urologist today....who seemed like a great doctor.He examined me,stuck his finger you know where and said your prostate seems fine.This is very common and there is nothing to worry about.He said he thinks I just have an infection and put me on some very expensive medication that I have to take for a month.God I hope it works.I have this beautiful new girlfriend that i really dont want to tell this about.The only reason I have my doubt is because in my own personal expierience it seems it would only happend when havieng sex either too hard or trying to make myself ejaculate by going fast.There was one time that my x-girlfriend turned me on really bad without any sex at all and when I pee'd, red urine along with some clots came out.So my thinking is that something in side of me is ripped or something.But the doctor said no that is wasnt the case.So I said well if its only an infection then why has it never happend during masturbation....and I masturbate alot LOL He reaction was like really....and pretty much sent me on my way.IM Really starting to believe that I may have to live with this the rest of my life...but i hope not.If this medication works I will definitly let you know.

I have one question for somebody.Is there any of you who have had this problem for awhile(years) and everytime you get this after sex or do you have years were you dont have this problem like me.On and off

Has anybody had this after masturbation?
My husband had similar problems a few years ago. He had bloody specks in his sperm following ejaculation. He was devastated. Nothing wrong was found and his doc said it could have been a broken vessel. It was present for a few days and then went away.

----------------
EllenG.
Steadyhealth.com
Same issue as everyone else. Saw doctors found nothing. Took a break for a 2 weeks and took vitimins and drank more water and the symtoms when away. Check this website. It is not a porn site.

http://www.actionlove.com/cases/case13341.htm
Fella's I have had this happen know for 22 yrs. Well kinda of, I was in a very bad accident in 85 and and have had this ever since getting out of th hospital. Well I was married in 200 and went to Jemacca and started to have a good time (driking allot) and man I thought I was going to DIE by the amount of blood that I was losing, reluctant to got to the doctors in that country wateto get home to figure it out. Well I was refered to one of the top Uroligist in the country do to some good people in my life and LO an behold after many test and a finger were the sun does not shine. He then told me that My prostate was inlarged do to Dehydration (forgive my spelling) wich then he put me on some very strong antibiodics wich took car of the problem. Keep in mind this was after15 yrs of this happening.

Yes during rough sex and some times being turned on and it rubbed hard from the other individual. allof the syptoms above.

Well it has happened again after about 6 yrs of all good. So I wonder why? Well I have been taring it up allot lately (drinking) and I know that the infection is back because of having it for so long.

My advise is to ask for some very string antibiodics and to drink allot of WATER.

A will bet that this is what is going on in allot of these cases.

Mind you I AM NOT A DOCTOR butt these symptoms are almost exact what I have had. EVERY ONE OF YOU.

I really hope this helps you guys out because for 20 yrs I thought i was from my car accident and it was part of my life and delt with it until Jemacca.

I will be laying off the drinking for the most part and I WILL BE STAYING HYDRATED.
Thank goodness for all of you for posting your comments.  As you guessed I have this happen.  Scared isn't the word.  I've made an appointment for my PCP on Monday and I'm sure he will send me to a Urologist.  But I'm glad (sorry to say that!) that there are others with this issue.  

For reference I'm 47, average weight and built.  I have had intercourse twice in the past week.  Both times the first time I urinated afterwards I had blood in my urine.  Actually it was very red urine.  Both times the urine returned to normal after the initial urination.  The first time I had intercourse and thought maybe it was due to my wife just completing her period.  I didn't urinate until the next morning and was shocked to see it red.  I masterbated a couple of days later to see if that had blood and it was fine.  Also the urination afterwards was fine as far as I could tell.

The second time was 5 days later.  We had intercourse before going to sleep.  About an hour later I had to pee and stood in the dark and couldn't get the stream going.  Finally it burst forth and I shoot red urine all over the toilet and floor. I turned on the light and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Freaked me out to say the least which all of you will understand.  I will post again after getting some results but I do think it's critical to go to your doctor's.  I had an uncle die from PC and his sons, my cousins, have high PSA results.  Since he's not my biological uncle I haven't been concerned about my prostrate but will be getting it checked.

Thanks for everyone who has posted.
some years ago, I am 55 now, I had similar symptoms of blood in urine after long and vigorous sex.  Clots came out and then more blood than urine.  It took a few times of urination to clear up.  I went to urologist / no STDs...he found nothing and had no explantion.  Never saw blood after masturbating and abstinence for a couple of weeks solved the problem.  Two weeks ago, after a long session of sex, when I must have been erect for over one hour non-stop (no need for viagra or similar ;-)) I noticed blood in the condom before ejaculation...I freaked out...lots of clots etc.  A week later, I had sex again and this time it was for a shorter time i.e. erection was not that long in terms of time..., but again blood came into the condom before ejaculation and lots of clots...in fact I could initially not urinate....  I have decided to now abstain for two to three weeks  / in between I have masturbated but no blood appeared...but now I will try no masturbating either and see what happens...I am not going to the doctor as the previous time it was a waste of time and reading all these posts here has helped me feel a little 'more normal'.  Thanks to all for your comments!
Q
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS. DRIVING ME CRAZY BECAUSE IM  A MAN *****. SO ABSTINENCE WAS NOT FOR ME. WENT TO THE DR., CHECKED FOR STD, EVERYTHING CAME BACK OK.  IM A MAN ***** SO ABSTINENCE WAS  MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE. I COME TO REALIZE THAT THIS PROBLEM IS A RUPTURE OR TEAR. ALSO I THINK SINCE I HAVE ROUGH WILD SEX, MY PENIS BENDS IN WAYS IT SHOULDNT. AND IT TAKES LONGER THAN 2 WEEKS TO HEAL. THE WAY I STOP HAVING THIS PROBLEM WAS I WENT TO THE NEAREST GNC. I BOUGHT THESE VITAMINS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE THIN BLOOD AND WHEN THEY GET A CUT THEY BLEED ALOT. IT SUPPOSE TO MAKE UR BLOOD THICKER. I FORGOT THE NAME AND IM AT THE OFFICE. BUT IF U ASK AN EMPLOYER THAT UR LOOKING FOR A SUPPLEMENT TO MAKE UR BLOOD THICKER THEY WILL POINT U IN THE RIGHT  DIRECTION. THE BOTTLE SAYS TAKE 1 A DAY. WHAT I DID IS TOOK 5 FIRST DAY 4 SECOND DAY 3 THIRD DAY AND EVEYDAY TO THIS DAY I TAKE 1 IN MORNING AND 1 AT NIGHT. ALSO EVEN THOUGH U MIGHT NOT HAVE PROSTATE PROBLEMS. BUY SOME PROSTATE SUPPLEMENTS IT WILL INCREASE UR URINE FLOW MAKING URETHRA BIGGER AND STRONGER. DONT HAVE SEX OR MASTERBATE, TRY HARD NOT TO GET AROUSED FOR ATLEAST 3 AND A HALF WEEKS STRAIGHT. I KNOW ITS HARD BUT ITS ONCE AND U CURED. DONT DRINK ALOT OF ALCOHOL WHEN BOUT TO HAVE SEX, OR TAKE TYLONEL,IBEPROFIN, THESE ITEMS THIN OUT UR BLOOD MAKING IT EASIER FOR U TO BLEED. WISH U LOOK. U GUYS POST RESULTS ON HERE. WILL BE PLEASE TO KNOW I HELPED U GUYS.

I've been reading this forum for a few months and its the best resource on this condition that I can find. I'm in my mid twenties and have had this condition off and on for the last three years. My symptoms are very similar to what has already been mentioned so theres no need to go there. I would like to draw some attention to the cyclical aspect of this condition that I have experienced. I seem to have this happen for about 2 to 3 months every year. I have been trying to correlate it to something but I've had no luck. My thinking is that its mechanical in nature (ie pressure based tear) and that there is a semi irregular time period that is required to heal (thus the repeat episodes). Eventually the tear heals itself and everything is ok until the next time. Why do these 3 month episodes seem to happen every year? Who knows, I think its too simplistic to say that its rough sex or that its prolonging ejaculation. If that were the only prerequisite than I would have this condition all year all the time. There has to be something else that is a yet to be determined factor. As a parting question, I would like to know if any of you have taken any of the BHP medications such as Flomax in an attempt to ease the passage of clots. Maybe that becomes the first step in a treatment plan we can collectively develop.

Lets figure this thing out
I've this condition for the past 6 weeks. It is driving me nuts. After abstinence about 1 week, I was masturbating. After about 10minutes into it, I noticed thick blood leaking out and I freaked out. I immediately went to the toilet and pee lots of blood then clear urine. I then went to see a doc and did a urine test (positive for blood, thou appear clear). I was asked to take an xray (they suspect its stones). Xray turned out negative. Then I went for CT scan, which turned out negative also. Doc then did a prostate rectal check, found my prostate is inflammed, and put me on a 2 weeks antibiotics course on Doxycycline 100mg (twice a day). 4 days into the course, I masturbated and semen was clear, but I pee blood in the urine + a small clot. 7 days into the course, I masturbated and ejaculated blood, urine blood + some clots. Thus I went back to the doc and he did another prostate check, the inflammation was better and I was assured it was nothing. I continued the course. 10 days into the course, I tried masturbation again and normal. 13 days into the course, I tried masturbation again and normal. However on the 14th day, I pee blood in the morning and went back to the doc, who then did a prostate check and its normal. The antibiotics course was extended another week. I masturbated on the 16th day and it was normal. On the 19th day, I had a short foreplay with my spouse and went for dinner. After returning from dinner, I went toilet and pee thick blood + lots of clots.

I am seriously losing hope now. It is doing a lot of damage to my sex life. I am afraid of getting intimate with my spouse or masturbate.

I notice it will only appear with prolonged masturbation or when I am very aroused. Anyone has any solutions? I have not tried abstinence, but I will try it for 2weeks to see if it works.
I too have experienced the symptoms of blood in the semen and cuming blood; I'm in my early 50's and have been equally freaked out as everyone else on here (the freak out factor seems to be common regardless of age).

What it seems like we need to learn about is the experiences/research/data for the set of  men that have had these symptoms and are in their 70's.  I'm guessing they arent as internet/posting savy as the younger folks on this posting trail.  For example we only have one posting from a wife of a man in his 70's that described how her husband had similar symptoms and ended up having a growth that ended up with him having his kidney removed.  That sort of information amount men in their 70s seems to be anecdotal but causes me to wornder......

Is this a common occurance i.e gowths/problems/surgery in the kidneys (and related urology stuff) in a mans 70's  highly correlated to earlier symptoms in years 20's to 50's?   Has any research been done on the correlations of these symptoms and serious urology related issues/surgeries in the range of post 60's?  Any actuaries, epidemiologists or medical researchers out there that know is this data/analysis is available and has been done?
I forgot to add to my post found here:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/328287

that blood was occasionally in my semen, and sometimes pinkish drops at the end of urination.  All of my problems went away when I quit using powdered artificial sweeteners (the yellow and blue packets / Aspartame & Splenda).  I use Sweet and Low exclusively now, and all of my problems have gone away.  It's been 2 years since I made the switch.

My theory is that the two offending powders are just too synthetic for the body to know what to do with.  For some reason, the body decides clumping it all up and putting it out through the penis is the way to go.
One more thing - I was at McDonald's last week and got a coffee.  For some reason, they don't have Sweet and Low, which I would have used (see my post above).  I said what the heck and dumped 3 packets of Nutrasweet in my coffee.  The next day, I masturbated and I had a near retrograde ejaculation (I can feel how stopped up I am), and afterward I had a burning sensation for about an hour - the feeling that I needed to pee, but of course didn't - but the feeling was so strong I stood over the toilet "letting go" even though there was no urine.

But the burning feeling cleared in an hour, and I learned my lesson - don't use Splenda or Aspartame, no exceptions, ever.   There is a direct correlation between my use of powdered Nutrasweet and powdered Splenda, and symptoms.  When I use them, I have symptoms, when I stop, I don't.

There are so many guys suffering clumped and/or bloody semen and wondering what the cause is, I swear there should be a huge class action lawsuit, and force them to stop putting such horrible products on the market.

I've known the dread of seeing what might come out at climax, it's a very anxious moment.  Take my advice, guys, dump the blue and yellow packets.

I'd love to see responses here after you give it a try.
I am 18 years old i been to many doctors and hospitals to figure out why i am peeing blood and blood in my sperm and semen after i have intercourse. I was at college when this started and i came home and withdrawed first semester to figure out this problem and i have yet get any answers and i am only 18 years old i love to have sex and have blood in my sperm it ruins everything. I was wondering if anyone had any answer to what i should please email me this sucks
please help me out this really sucks
My simptoms are simular to many other earlier posts, no pain, no lumps, everything seemingly normal apart from this:

Just over three weeks ago, i first got a trickle of blood after ejaculating, urine was clear apart from a small blob of clot that popped out mid way through the urinating.
This happened almost every time i ejaculated since - maybe 6 times, (all masturbation).
Looking for a pattern i realised that the times i saw blood were the times i held back - by holding the sperm back with my thumb and finger until i grabbed some tissue. Sorry for such details but these are just the facts. Anyway, since then i let the sperm flow and empty as it came and i have not seen blood since. Maybe too early to jump to any conclusions but it makes a bit of sense to me that some kind of back pressure could cause some thing like this. Though i have held back MANY times in the past and never seen blood prior to three weeks ago.Whats changed in me since? I'm 33.
In my case, the cause of the blood in my sperm turned out to be an inflammation from a simple "all-around" bacteria, which disappeared one day after using the proper anti-biotics. However, it kept returning.
I figured out it was because of a bad habit: after peeing, I used to "clean" the head of my **** by spitting on it. However, that seems to have caused the inflammations. Since I stopped with that (2 years ago), the problem has never returned.
i am 13 years old and starting to go through puberty i notcied about 5 months ago i have blood come out not seman.(i dont have a lot of sperm come out ever)since then it has happened 4 times i have never had sex so have NO clue whats the problemis i can feel it start to come it doesnt hurt but i freak out.i am scared right now to talk to my parents or docter but i want to have kids and live a normal life PLZ HELP
Its been a while since I last commented. I wanted to touch base with the group and provide an update. Last time I commented I was in the midst of a terrible episode that had lasted off and on for 5 months. Constant trips to the ER, constant fear of bleeding and not being able to **** etc. Twice I was scheduled for a cystoscopy but canceled it both times because I was affraid to have a camera stuck up my ****. I strongly requested a trans rectal ultra sound to image the seminal vessicles, but my doctor was an arrogant ***** and refused to consider that course of action. I haven't had any problems for the last few months which is a great thing. I have come to reaffirm my belief that this is by and large a pneumatic problem that comes from excess pressure before ejaculation. Over the years I had become a guy who could **** for hours and not *** a drop. I think I may have done some damage to the valve system by continually stopping ejaculations over the years. My quick advice would be this... try not to delay ejaculation by internal means. If you need to last longer, put a second condom on or something that allows you to **** with out needing to clench down and stop ejaculation. Also, investigate drugs such as flomax to see if they will ease the passage of clots.
I am a 17 year old male.  I had blood in my urine and a clot after I masterbated.... This has happend to me twice so far and the second time it was a bigger clot thing than the last time.  Its only been two weeks since my last eppisode.  Um to tell u the truth it freeks me out,  I'm also freaked out that all of you are like 20-40 years old, I'm the yungest person here and well i'm scared...  I went to the doc the first time it happend, I didnt realize it was after I masterbated that I peed blood, The only reason I realized it now is becouse I have blood in my sperm, I didnt have a lot of blood in my sperm but I did have blood in my sperm so yea.  I'm freaked out and I dont wana go to the doc cuz It sounds like they wont know what the hell is going on anyway and my family doesnt exactly have alot of money to spare.  I think this may be from masterbateing too many times in a week or in the past year...  If thats the case then maybe not masterbateing at all for a time will fix it for good....

I hope so......
this is a web site that makes me a little less scared about all this
http://blogs.webmd.com/mens-health-office/2006/07/blood-in-semen.html
I had all of the same symptoms that most of the posters listed and it started 6 years ago.  I really think stress has a lot to do with it.  6 years ago my girlfriend and I split up and I had a very stressful job working 12 hours a day six days a week.  That is when it first started.  As a matter of fact, the stress got so bad I went to the doctors thinking I was having heart trouble, which seemed odd since I worked out regularly and was only 34.  She gave me a bunch of tests and said I was completely fit but was suffering from anxiety and stress from the job and relationship and prescibed an antidepressant (Paxil).  After a short period, about a couple of months, I was reunited with my girlfriend and was careful not to let the job get to me and my symptons of the bloody ejaculations cleared up.

I did not have the problem again until just recently.  In the last 2 years I started my own business and the stress levels associated with getting new clients and ones that pay on time couple by a second breakup with my girlfriend, which I have been taking very hard, it all started again.  That is why I started searching again for information and landed on this site.  I think it is a combination of stress, diet, alcohol and whatever else that may run your body down that makes you a target.  Then you trigger it with a very vigorous sexual encounter and some damage may occur.  In both incidences I recall having a very rigorous sexual encounter before the symptoms surfaced.  Then once they started i was more prone to have it until it went away.

I think everyone should consider the state of their stress levels at the time it first started to see if there is a trend.  The added stress once you have the symptoms justs makes it worse.  I would recommend trying to relax, explain it to your partner (even show her this website) and just try to get yourself in a peaceful state.  That is what cleared me up the first time and I am going to try it again.  Good luck to all of you.  It could be a good reminder for all of us to take good care of ourselves both physically and mentally!
So, no one really knows what causes this? And it really never goes away??

I have started having a similar thing happen to me, about the past 3-4 days. I have been working out excessively harder than I normally have in the past, and have been wondering if that is what the problems is...that I have ruptured something...

I ejaculated blood about two days ago...it's very runny....no clotting....and then again this morning, the same thing happened. There is no blood in my urine, only in my semen...and really, doesn't even seem to be much semen coming out...only blood...thank god I really have no sex life, because this would definitely put a damper on it.

I have not gone to the doctor yet...am waiting to see if it clears up on it's own.

If any of you have any suggestions, feel free to email me at ***@****...

I am a little freaked out by this whole thing...

I just hope it goes away!

I have suffered from these symptoms since 1998 following a half marathon. I had a vasectomy about 2 months earlier but I don't think it is necessarily connected.  Nothing much to add other that I have been prescribed both Proscar and Avodart in an attempt to reduce the bleeding. Limited success with either and with the symptoms now recurring every 6 months or so and continuing for about 6 months at a time I am unwilling to stop the tablets fearing that it will happen every time. Proscar seems to work best.
I was led to believe that I was in some way unique so I would advise everyone to send a link to this site to their Consultants/Doctors to show them that this is real, awful and needs some attention now. I for one would like my sex life back.
Good luck to all in finding a cure and
Fellas, thanks, for sharing your experiences.  I have been dealing with this problem for almost 23 years, first in 1985 when I was 19. I am now 41 and experiencing a reoccurrence of hematospermia.   It's really hard because I've been married for less than a month. However, my wife is very understanding.

At his point, my doctors still have no clue.  I have had many work-ups and tests, but I usually call it quits after the symptoms resolve.  I'm going back to my urologist because of my recent episode and I'm going to try and push as far as I can to get an answer on this dilemma.  Again, thanks, for sharing your experiences with this malady, and I hope everyone fares well with it.

I am 35, married and monogamous for 17 years (no STDs), and have experienced this several times in the last 5 years.

Blood in the semen during ejaculation; sexual intercourse or masturbation - happens either way.
No pain.
Afterwards, bright red blood in the urine. After a few hours, during the next urination, the stream is tinged brown (old blood) until the clot passes (rather uncomfortable), after which the stream is again bright red.
Urination is clear again after that.

(As someone advised earlier, definitely do not wait too long; the longer the clot is allowed to sit, the more difficult it is to dislodge and pass - if you've ejaculated some blood, start drinking lots of water right away; pee as much and as often as you can to minimize the clotting. That icepack idea probably isn't a bad idea either, though I have no experience with that myself.)

This can happen even without ejaculating; if I've simply had a very hard erection.

I am convinced that it has to do with pressure and broken tissue.

When it happens after sex, it's been vigorous sex. When I masturbate, I've long had the habit of holding back my ejaculation, prolonging the session.

Even if I abstain from sex or masturbation for a while to allow it to heal, and even if I attempt to exercise control over my arousal while I am awake, it's impossible for me to pass a night without having a spontaneous erection. Hell, I wake up with one every morning.
Even in a case such as that, on at least one occasion it was
high-enough-pressured" that I had blood in my urine and the whole subsequent clot business (though this was a day or two after having the "usual" start, so I was still in "healing mode").

I have not been to see a doctor about it, because I already know I won't get any really useful help, and I can't presently afford a battery of tests for things that I probably don't have.

I've broken a rib before, but I didn't see a doctor about it. They would have simply told me what I already know; how to take care of it, to take it easy, etc. Nothing useful to be gained from a doctor's opinion on it.

Same with this, at least in my case.

It's right annoying, to be sure. I've experienced this about once every year or two, and I've no idea what else to do except to accept the possibility that I may be one of those men (and here we are, eh?) who happens to have slightly weaker or "more prone to tearing" internal tissue between my urethra and my corpus cavernosa or my prostate, and that I just have to learn to take it easy on myself so I don't break something and let blood enter my urinary tract.

Cheers, mates!
Ah, by the way, I don't eat any artificial sweeteners whatsoever. While I've no doubt that Sucralose, Aspartame and Saccharine are poisons, I somehow don't imagine they are linked too directly to this kind of incident.
Anyone of you got hemophilia? Do the test, who knows.
Here's my story.

For aproximately 10 years I have had problems with blood in my urine and/or semen.
But it is more severe then any cases I have read on the net and worst of all is that my urologist cannot find anything.
I can not remember how many exactly urologist have work on mine, but the last urologist was a profesor the best in country.
.... and he totally failed.

Everytime I attempt to have intercourse or just being aroused follow by an erection (even for short period),
I'll get blood in my urine.
I was still single when this bloody things start happen, I was 29 years old.
The period based on my experience is average once a year (max 2 years and min 6 months).
When it happen, normally it will take couple weeks (max 3 months) to heal until back to normal again.
Thanks god because my wife do understand my problem.

Doctor always found me healthy other than this issue and now I am currently 39 with 4 kids.
I have gone thru 3 cystoscopy's, camera inserted into my femeral artiry to take a look and they found nothing.
Also I have had some X-Ray, biopsi, etc..... all the standard testing procedure I guess.

Actualy I can feel when there will be blood or not because I can feel that something leaking inside.
Sometimes if I realize that I am completly blocked up then I have to drink a lot of water to get the blockage to pass.
This is a very painful and if I can not get it to pass then the other option is going to the hospital for help.

After all the clots out I will urinate normal again.... no blood with bare eyes.

Two years ago I tried my luck with another profesor, he is specialized in blood problem including blood cancer.
His suggestion to me was to take factor VIII and IX blood test, it's a hemophilia test.

Surprise, they found me guilty..... my factor VIII result is only 39% while the normal value 70%-100%.
So I talk with my mam and dad, they confirm none in our family got hemophilic.......????

Doctor inject me with KOATE, anti hemophilic factor and...... a day after injection I'm completely normal.
Sex is no longer become my problem, it's a beautiful life.

But last week, I got blood again..... after 2 fucken years.

I decide to see him again and get injection but problem persist...... no result at all.
OK, blood test again......factor VIII and IX...... fantastic result because my blood completely normal.
He confuse.... I confuse..... now, sex is nighmare again.
The only possible things according this profesor is, I have bad trauma sometime in the past.
Part of my brain agree because I did have couple bad trafic accident in the past.... but how can no one in this earth could not fix my problem?

Hopefully in the next couple weeks this bloody things will disappear..... my wife is waiting.

Hi fellows, i've had this same problem since 2000.  What i have noticed is that it occures more often when you are having rough sex.. or woman is top of you. I think it could be some blood vessel is near the bladder and when there is pressure it begans to bleed. What do you think? Have you noticed the same?
i  have  several  of  these  symptoms.1.blood in urine (both visible and  microscopic),at the  end  of th  stream.2.blood  in the ejaculate,very  visible.  3.it doesnt matter  if  i  ejaculate first then  urinate  o  viceversa) 3..blood discharge thru urethra when  im  costipated.4.high  blood  pressure (now  normal,with  medication) 5.right  testicle    urts  like  hell  when  aroused ,but  dr  didnt  give  this  importance.
had  lab exam .  1.) no  UTI 2). DRE  normal  3).PSA .3 ,  ,4)dr  checked for lumps  in testicles,everything  found norma.he did mention the  fact  that  eat  lots  of  spinach can  be a  cause  for  kidney stones.by  the  way  i  had  episodes  of  bloody  semen  before but  they came  and  went
any  ideas???

had  CT scan  today(results  tommorow, will have cystoscopy tommorow

thnks
happy  to  report that  my  ct contrast  scan  was negative and my  cystoscopywas  negative also ,no stones,no  growths ,prescribed  cipro  for  4  days  and avodart   for  6  months  ,hesaid   it was  prostatitis ,have an appointment in 6  weeks.

thanks
tony
My doctor also told me about prostatitis 10 years ago.
But after cystoscopy and all the test..... he had no more comment, and I jump to another doctor.
Avodart has truly helped me with this condition.  I've been suffering with all of the aforementioned symptoms for 20+ years and the ONLY thing that has worked immediately is Avodart.  Please have your doctor prescibe it to you,.
First, this is the best site on the internet for this problem.  I'm 52, married with one child, and have suffered from the same symptoms as many others have described for about 15 years.  My history has been fairly constant:  About two or three episodes each year.  

Having some history with it, I now routinely (and discreetly) check for blood in my semen after intercourse.  This is most often accomplished by squeezing my penis and drawing a small amount of semen to the tip, which generally reveals if there is any pinkish hue, thus indicating blood.  

Immediately upon detecting blood, I realize as others have, that I need to urinate very soon or suffer large and difficult clots later that can be very difficult to pass.  First urination after an episode typically reveals a heavy amount of blood mixed with urine, and the color is very red.  It would be easy for someone to mistakingly believe this to be pure blood.  A clot or two will often pass at this time, as well, usually without issue.  It is when I fail to urinate immediately after intercourse, and wait until the next morning, for example, that problems can ensue.  On several occasions the resultant blockage has resulted in my coming close to going to the hospital to have a catheter inserted to allow me to urinate.

Following the first, and sometimes the second urination (which will be the color of ice tea), my urine will flow clear.  During a bad bought, I will be susceptible to additional bleeding from simple arousal, which can occur during the day, but more typically during sleep.  These subsequent 'arousal' episodes rarely result in large clots, unless the arousal is other than incidental and, instead prolonged, as in foreplay.  As described by at least one other on this board, I also believe that the site of the lesion or tear results in blood backing up and into the bladder.  The amount of blood in the semen is generally not great; the real drama comes when you urinate and what seems to be a significant amount of blood issues forth.

Like others, I have desperately attempted to recollect and self-diagnose the circumstances leading up to each incident.  Theory after theory is belied by differing pre-incident conditions.  I've been to numerous doctors, including the prestigious UCLA Medical Center (in 1996) only to be met with baffled looks, sympathetic staff, and cover-your-*** tests that invariably reveal nothing at all.

As to cures and remedies, I've tried many, including antibiotics.  Nothing has ever worked apart from 12-14 days of abstinence.  No masturbation, no foreplay, and obviously no intercourse during this period.  For those that say that antibiotics are the answer, my guess is that given the 10-day course of treatment, they would have experienced a recovery without the drugs.  I doubt that this is an infection inasmuch as the bleeding occurs only following an erection.

If I had to speculate, my guess would be that this is a vesicular rupture, and that these cases are not aggravated by 'rough' sex or any specific injury, per se.  Rather, I believe that the vesicle heals over the course of time, and then, perhaps, weakens and becomes susceptible to another incident weeks or months or years later.  In my case, it's about every four to six months consistently for the past decade and a half.  It has never occurred during masturbation (except subsequent to an event), but rather during intercourse.  I can only surmise that pressure placed upon the penis during coitus has some role in the injury.  

Having researched this extensively, coupled with now many discussions with physicians and specialists, I am convinced that this is an as-yet undiagnosed illness in need of some serious research.  Given the fact that the condition is self-limited, and desists spontaneously, it would be reasonable to speculate that the population of males that suffer from this malady is far greater than is believed by the medical community.  Many sufferers probably see the symptoms disappear after a week or two, and relieved, shrug it off and never see a physician.

However, the physiological and psychological impact this has on the individual - and their partner - is profound.  One thing is certain:  You need to have a very sympathetic wife or partner, which I have.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread; for those of you seeking medical attention, I would highly recommend that you refer your doctor to this site so that they can have a better appreciation of how wide spread condition actually is.
I am a 31 year old black male and I have been suffering from these same simptoms for about 10 years. I too went to the doctor and was told it was some unknown infection. He gave me an antibiotic and said it would go away. It did for about a year. I am in agreement that it is some sort of vessel damage or weakness in the penis or ejaculation tubes. I would love to find a cure because it is hard to expain to your lover why you are bleeding when you don't even know why yourself. I am glad I found this web site. It is conforting to know that I am not alone. If you have this problem don't be afraid to speak on it. The more that it is talked about the more attention it will demand.
Thanks,
Cooklife06
also have blood in semen,but not in urine.had all the tests and was prescribed oflaxacillin,after a month back everthing ok.3 months later it came back.doc did more tests prescribed more oflaxacillin cleared up again but came back after a few months.next time prescribed cravit again it cleared up but came back,all i get off doc is its common in men.tried no sex for 3 months including masterbation but still have blood in semen.
I have been experiencing all the symptoms described above for the past three years. I experience it about every three months.

I was wondering how many you lift weights at least once a week?  I wonder if the pressure exerted during heavy lifted may be a possible cause.
Just thought I'd join in with the forum since I had read and found all the comments really interesting and usefull.

I've had this problem for only 3 weeks now and as with everybody else am having all the tests probes and tubes stuck down my penis. Went into hospital A and E last week with retention and had a catherta fitted to allow me to urinate Blah Blah Blah!!!

Would have to agree with everyone that this problem seems to be brought on by sex or even arousal which is as we will all agree is a real problem cause were men we all love sex!!

All my tests are coming back normal which draws me to the same conclusion as the most of you guys that I will need to lay off the sex for a while to allow myself to heal (lets face it if you pull a muscle you rest it in  exactly the same way)!! So with this in mind I'm gonna masturbate for the last time for the next 3 weeks just to check the theory that masturbation does not seem to bring the bleeding and clotting on as much as full on sex and then I'll let you know my findings.

Take it easy guys and maybe take up knitting or something so you can keep your mind on something productive for the three weeks off!!!

Alright...male, 22, healthy and similar symptoms as all of you, after masterbation I noticed blood in my sperm, freaked me out, went to the doctor and had the urine and blood tests, no STD's and he said that I have small traces of bacteria in my urine. After the initial ejaculation I was scared to do it again but did just to see what would happen, this time the blood seemed a lot thicker and and stringy also. Went to the doctor the next day which is today and he is sending me to a Urologist tomorrow. I also do not seem to have any blood in my urine but it does seem darker then usual, as if I'm really dehydrated, I will keep you posted and reading these cases really makes me less worried, thanks for the support group.
Has anyone heard about seminal vessel amiloidosis?
I've read the first 20 or so posts and scanned the rest, I'll read them later, but has anyone considered that aspirin might be linked to this condition ? Until this started with me a couple of months ago I was taking an aspirin every day along with my vitamins. Not baby aspirin, regular aspirin. What an idiot I was. Now I can't even floss my teeth without spitting out tons of blood. My blood is so thin I'm planning to make liver and onions a regular weekly meal as a way to thicken it back up, and I'm considering donating blood so my body will have to make more, which I believe might also help thicken my blood. Based on what I've observed in my own experiences,I believe the problem is caused by tearing in the urethra, or somewhere around that vicinity, and I also believe the blood isn't coming from the prostate gland. If it were, I'd think I'd be bleeding all the time, and not just after sex. In my case, the urine turns red about 24 hours after sex, and stays red until the clot is passed. Then my urine goes back to looking normal. I've urinated into jars and compared them to see what each session's urine looks like. Once I even caught a blood clot in a jar. I bought a cheap strainer at a doolar store and laid the clot out on a piece of paper to see what it was, and it seemed to be a combination of blood and semen that had formed into a gelatinous, wormlike thing. The last one came out in the toilet and actually looked like a big worm. There's never been any pain associated this condition, just some understandable anxiety, and annoyance. My theory is easy tearing and bleeding caused by years of too much aspirin in my system, which occurs only after sex. I'm also trying drinking aloe vera juice, which can be purchased at a health food store like GNC. I'm thinking that if aloe vera is so good at helping topical cuts heal, taking it internally might help the urethra wall heal, too. The last thing I want is urethra obstruction caused by scarring, so I'm trying to come up with ideas on how to ejaculate without vigorously working my penis. Any suggestions on that ? I may be wrong, but I believe regular ejaculation is good for the prostate gland, so even though I like it just because it feels good, regular ejaculation, in my humble opinion,  is necessary. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I want to thank all you guys who've posted here. Finding this site has eased my anxiety quite a bit, and confirmed what I think is going on. I've had enough contact with the medical community over the last 15 years taking care of my aging parents to know that a lot of those guys have no clue what to do with a lot of their patients, and I have no intention of getting a lot of stupid, expensive tests just to find out this problem is just a nusiance that needs to be managed. Thanks !!!
Similar problems (nothing shows on any test but the blood on the sperm), so, I'll just give some highlights:

- When I had this with 24 years old, it went away after some pills (dunno what they were) and 2 weeks of abstinence.
- Now I have it again (38). I think the cause was a UTI (which is gone by now). PCP gave me only 7 days of antibiotics... idiot (from what I read, bacteria may hide in prostate --> now I may have prostatitis).
- Urologist finds blood in urine (microscopic) and nothing else. He sends me for a CT scan without any other previous tests. I think he knows that nothing will find the reason and he only wants to make sure that there is nothing more serious (cancer). If I had the choice again I wouldn't do the scan (tons of unnecessary radiation when everything is pointing to some kind of inflamation from the UTI) :(
- BTW, 2 weeks abstinence didn't help this time.
- The scanner showed, though, that my seminal vesicles are very large and he prescribed me Avodart for a month. I didn't even take the first pill and semen came clean (without having done any abstinence), for 10 days (masturbated 6 or 7 times during that period...). He recommended me to still take the pills, so, I did, but stopped after the first 7 days (you got 3% chance of impotence with those pills). Yesterday I got blood again in sperm, so, I will take the rest of the pills but I think it is completely uncorrelated (at least to the pills).
- Just one more thing: my brother had this for 2 years. Doctor said to do nothing and it finally went away, but took 2 years! And the same doctor told him not to worry about abstinence or anything, so, my brother didn't stopped... Not saying one way or the other is the right thing, just giving one more data point.

I'll keep you posted if the results from the Avodart...
I have the same problem.  In the first stages of testing, but now I don't really think I need to have tests that get more and more invasive.  I haven't noticed blood in my urine, but I bleed out during sleep.  It's happened twice so far after sex.  There are spots of blood on my sheets.  Never any other time.  Ejaculation is painful and the first time I urinate after sex is painful.  It then just goes away.  It's not painful every time I have sex either.  I guess I'll keep looking here to see if any break throughs occur.  Now I don't know if I should go to my next appointment, it's going to be the same things as described above.
Just to let you know that the Avodart seems to be working. A bit of background (you can see my previous post):

I had blood in sperm and in the urine. I think basically I had a UTI, but not sure if that was the only thing. I remember holding the ejaculation for pretty long (>1 hour) and when I came it felt weird. Anyhow, after that (same week) I had the UTI, got antibiotics for few days and that maybe took care of that part, but the blood in sperm was still there.

Went to the urologist and he made a CT scan with the excuse that blood in the urine is not normal. I hate that part because he basically gave me the radiation of 10 years of my life. MORON! I guess the blood was still left from the UTI as the scan didn't show anything else but that the seminal vesicles were very big. He gave me the Avodart. After 20 days, the sperm start coming more and more clear. After 30 is murky, almost white (perfect). The Avodart finished 5 days ago or so, and everything seems getting better. He said that it may be a slow progression till fully  clear after the Avodart is finished.

Anyhow, I'll keep you posted. The cause may be the same as some of you mentioned (holding the ejaculation, which I haven't done lately), but maybe the effect (what is broken) is different, because in my case I never had the clots issue...

By the way, I created an Excel chart tracking the progression, with all the stuff that could be affecting, logged day by day. It may be a good thing to do, to get some statistics on the subject (look for common causes, correlation between events/medication/etc...). If anybody interested post something here and I'll figure out a way to make it public for you to use...

Good luck!
There is 3 things that can cause this too happen 1. Can be bacteria, 2. Stroking your penis aggressively during sex or bending it in ways that it should be bent.. and 3. Damage too your large blood vessels in your penis which is the same as number 2... The best thing too do is lay off the sex for a week or 2. I know it sounds crazy but you may have too do that. Whenever you feel that the clot is real thick and is hard too come out drink water. When the clot is thick the water will soften up the walls of the uretha and will allow the clot and blood to flow threw. Another helpful hint is too monitor your scrotums (balls) if they are sagging even through cold weather chances is the situation is still there. Drink cranberry juice cause it helps too get bacteria out your system and use an icebag too cool down your private area. The icebag will isolates the muscle tissue such as the uretha and will heal the torn ligament if the bleeding is caused from aggressivley stroking of the penis. This information is not a cure but just ways of helping you. If there's any cures out there for the situation please share. Or email me at ***@**** even if it is too chat about the situation or any questions...
Thanks for sharing your experiences.  To be honest, it happened to me tonight, two hours ago. I freaked out and started searching help on line and found this thread.

Me 34, male. I found blood in my semen when ejaculating. Then found blood in urine afterward when peeing. A small clot was found in urine too.  The second time I pee, the urine was iced tea color.  

Should I go see a doctor tomorrow morning? I know I will drink a lot of water but unsure of what else I need to do now...

Thanks everyone.

CR
i recently have conducted the same condition as listed above by many others. unlike most of the stories i have read, i do not get blood clots in my urine after i masturbate, but there is blood in my semen. Does not having blood in your urine mean something different? Im really freaked out but after reading this forum ive been reassured that its not really anything serious, i experience no pain afterward during etc. im 15years old, healthy 130pounds and my diet is pretty standard and healthy. i was abstenent for a week but after i masturbated again and again blood came out has anyone else not had blood in their urine?
Noticed a couple drops after urinating, twice today, same symptoms as Khan1. Happens with masturbation. Just wanted to see what's up. Thanks for the reassurance guys.

It looks like this is a very common thing, given the number of responses and the popularity of this topic. I'll give an update if the problem persists but I'm really hoping it won't.
Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

I have had the exact same thing happen to me.  Lately during and after every time I have intercourse, but usually not from masturbation.  The first time was extremely disconcerting, I pulled out and noticed blood, and a lot of it, in the condom.  The girl noticed it first actually and said "oh my god, are you ok?" to which I replied "Hell no!".  Fortunately this sounds less serious than the heart attack and nervous breakdown I almost had right after.

I went in to the ER here and the Dr prescribed antibiotics (at first told me it was an STD but I always use protection, even for oral sex, and then he later told me it was not an STD but rather a UTI caused by some sort of nameless bacteria).  For the next few days there was blood even when I was not aroused which added even more to the stress.  I later went to a different doctor and actually got the urine test results myself to go over (no bacteria or infection present).  I am living and working in a 3rd world country at the moment and do not trust the doctors here at all so I did the research myself.  The antibiotics first prescribed inhibit absorption of vitamin k, deficiencies of which can make your blood thinner and cause bleeding.  I had a serious accident a while back and had to have my lower leg reconstructed with muscle from my upper leg.  Because of the muscle graft I take a baby aspirin daily and also take a drug called Pentoxifylline which is a sort of blood thinner that makes your red blood cells smaller and more arrow dynamic so that they can pass through smaller areas (like small new blood vessels forming in a muscle graft or congested arteries around your heart).  When reading up on the antibiotic it said that someone on blood thinners should not be taking it (cifixime was the name I think).  Of course the doctors never mentioned that at all...  So be careful about which antibiotics you take when you have a condition like this.  After I stopped taking them the bleeding that was occurring without intercourse stopped; however, I still have it during and after intercourse.

A few things I have noticed and thought about while reading this forum is that I think it might be happening for me during the intercourse and not masturbation because it is rougher and also prolonged.  When I have been masturbating since the first incident it has just been quick pleasure-less tests to see if there is any blood.  Though there was one incident after I had a massage during which I was aroused.  After the massage I did masturbate and there was a small amount of blood in the semen and more blood in my urine right after (including clots).

I have also noticed it happen more if I have been drinking alcohol before having intercourse.

I do also have an enormous amount of stress in my job which could be contributing as well.  If the stress raises my blood pressure it could make it more difficult for a tear to heal.

I am also wondering now if this may have started with the catheter that was inserted while I was in the ICU after my accident...  Could it have been a tear caused by having the tube inserted which lead to scar tissue that is easier to rip again?

I am going to try the abstinence thing for 3 or 4 weeks and also the ice pack.  I am also going to try some vitamin k as well as some other vitamins to help lower stress levels (calcium and magnesium with vitamin d and b).  My diet is usually pretty good, unless I am out in the jungle or mountains for work as food is often scarce and I end up eating what the locals eat (which is not nutritious at all in my opinion).  So I am going to start making sure I have proper food packed along with me (even power bars or the like if I have to) and also eat foods know to strengthen vein walls, like blueberries.  And of course, drink lots and lots of water.

I also wanted to say that I really appreciate this forum.  This is an extremely stressful thing to happen, and when the doctors can't tell you what it is and there is little information available, it is even worse.  It helps a lot to know that others are going through the same thing and that it is not life threatening serious or the like.  I also really appreciate the advice and ideas posted here.  Thanks
Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

Hello everyone,

I am a 36 year old male.

I went in to the ER here and the Dr prescribed antibiotics (at first told me it was an STD but I always use protection, even for oral sex, and then he later told me it was not an STD but rather a UTI caused by some sort of nameless bacteria).  For the next few days there was blood even when I was not aroused which added even more to the stress.  I later went to a different doctor and actually got the urine test results myself to go over (no bacteria or infection present).  I am living and working in a 3rd world country at