Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
blood in stool and on toilet paper when wiping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

there has been blood in my stool and when i wipe on toilet paper for about three days what could this be
Lots of things. Depending on your age and sex some things are more likely than others.  If you're over 40 you should see the doctor straight away.
anything from hemoroids to cancer..get it checked out if its been that long
HAve a colonoscopy done immediatly
I'm 18 years old and had a trace of blood in a stool about a month ago I noticed that the blood was getting thicker and heavier but it didn't happen every single time I had a bowel movement. Today there was a lot of blood not only in the stool but in the water and paper as well what do I do?
The liklihood is you have hemorrhoids. At your age a stool softener,m a change in diet, and adequate hydration are the answers. You lose a little bit of blood every time and it is possible for hemorrhoids to cause loss of red blood cells to the point where your loife is threatened, but you are probably a long ways off from that. Lab work, including a hematocrit are necessary. Eventually, if you consider surgury, get the laser treatment, which is less intrusive and works quite well.
Wildman 1, are you constipated? .... If you are, the passing of a hard stool can help haemorroids to develop  ... Also again, passing a hard stool can cause a tear/fissure in the anus area which can cause bright red blood spotting on the toilet paper each time you go.
I am 25, Male Caucasian, and recently started to notice Blood on my toilet paper and on the outside of the stool. The blood was a little darker red on the toilet paper then eventually started to fade to very lite red.  I did strain alittle to pass the stool. I had a Prostate exam about 8 months ago and they said it all looked fine. I am worried about Cancer! But what could it be? Hemrroids, Fissure. I really do not want to go to the doctor again. Any help would be helpful thanks