Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
blood is frozen/skin ice cold/ice cold from inside/out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Why have I been having these episodes of waking in the middle of the night so cold that I am shaking violently, my blood feeling as if it is frozen and my skin is ice cold?  It takes an hour or so for me to feel as if I've thawed out after climbing under alot of blankets.  This just happened to me again last night while the temperatures have been over 90 degrees at night.  Does this have anything to do with the problem I have been having with my kidney?  I am getting alittle nervous, as everyone I have talked to about this says it sounds really strange, that they have never heard of such a thing.
How can I be freezing...inside???
I've had that problem recently, too.  Also in the 90s outside here.  I have no idea what causes it, but let me know what you find out.  In the meantime, take comfort in knowing you're not alone.
Poor circulation perhaps...At night when you are sleeping your body isn't getting enough blood flow.  I would talk to a doctor or perhaps someone in this forum knows what can help increase your circulation when at rest.
Your message caught my attention because I have trouble with my kidney too.  About a month ago, I woke up freezing down to the bones, like you described.  My back had a small ache to it, but I got up to pile blankets on and more clothes and grabbed a thermometer.  I had a 102.8 temperature and shaking so bad the muscles in my neck, face and shoulders were sore the next day from trying to control the shaking.  Any chance you thought to take your temperature?  I thought I must have been fghting an infection in the kidney, I do have a stone in there that's too big to come out on it's own. Any resemblance to you?
This is like what I am goibg through.
Started with a cold front.. at least that's what I thought it was making me cold. DFW area Peak heat right now.
  Woke myself up shivering like it was below zero.   Like you my neck muscles, lowerback, and my ribs are hurting. From all the muscles consricting.   The small of my back is what I felt first and knew something was wrong.

For the past few weeks I have had Vertigo.     This is when I realized the connection in now and 4 years ago.
   With a temp of 103.  + I was admitted to the hospital (4 years ago)  for the first time in my (now42) life.  
   For four days they ran tests, Xrays, IV's but told me they really have no idea what happend to me.  White blood  Cells were attacking something in my body. The Doc at carenow said before sending me to ER.

Vertigo, high fever, the worst chills ever, No desire to eat anything, waking up in sweat while freezing. LOwer back pain!  Those are the similarities.

This week I have had the headache from hell! In front or right on top on my head. It never goes away, it fades in and out. Bigtime.  Headaches are rare for me  but this area of my head is not familiar to have a H at all.

My neck muscle, hell almost everything hurts and I never hurt anywhere.

Breathing sounds faster, woke up yesterday and heart was beating fast.

Guess that is all, enough already right? LOL  Hope someone can help me out please.

OH... I plan to go to ER but then  I was thinking I felt better, next morn samething Chills, fever, headache etc...
   Yesterday I felt great after the morning chills and all. No headache ahhhhhhhh  finally relief!!  The Poof comes on fast and after the chills shaking and all, the heat comes and I feel my temp shooting through the roof. last night in minutes from norm to almos102. Now A.M face is on fire, my eyes burn from heat.

Srry this is so long. I am just scared.
Criz
Yes, I know the feeling! I have awakened in the middle of the night four times now this year (2008) with the very same symptoms--and they're quite alarming.  You are certainly not alone.  I think that it might be possible that it's a kind of allergic reaction.  Each time I have had the symptoms I have eaten Chinese food earlier in the day, yet they don't use MSG in the restaurants I have patronized--I confirmed it.  My doctor didn't seem too concerned because it has only happened infrequently.  Who knows?  But I'm with you: how can a person be cold from the inside out when it's 70-plus degrees!  "Been there, done that!"  Hope you're feeling better!