broken knuckles???
yesterday i punched a wall it was painfull when i fell asleep but when i got up this morning the pain was worse and my little finger and ring fringer were bruised and swolen. my little finger cant properly go into a fist have i broken it?? do i need to get it x-rayed or what else should i do??
Sounds as if you may have fractured your knuckles. Get an X-Ray taken. A hairline fracture can be just as painful as a compound fracture!  Either way, you need to get checked out if you can't bend your fingers. You might need a splint to support them and keep them from being further injured. In the meantime, try applying an ice pack for 20 minutes on/20 minutes off to help the swelling. Hope all turns out well for you!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Apply cold compress and take an anti inflammatory. An X-ray is required to decide the course of treatment. If there is no fracture then anti-inflammatory pain killers help bring down pain and swelling. Usually simple knuckle fractures are treated by using a splint and taping the injured finger with the adjoining finger. Surgery is required if there is alignment problem, angulation problem or displacement of the fracture ends. Please consult an orthopedic specialist. Take care!

Go to the doctor or emergency room you may have broken it or it may be just
a small fracture. An x-ray couldn't hurt. An ice pack will help with the swelling
and pain meds for pain ( Advil is best over the counter med 400-800 mg or 2-4
tablets) if you are not going for treatment just observe it and buy a hand splint from a pharmacy and wrap it with gauze. If you notice that the pain and/or swelling is getting worse or if your fingers turn cold  GO TO THE E.R.
thank you for your comments and i have put ice on it and my parents dont think that i need to go get an x-ray because the swelling went down and the brusing is almost gone but its been over a week and my knuckles still hurt when i move my fingers ive decided to go to my doctors and tape my fingers up till then.