Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
buffalo hump in children

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

buffalo hump in children

i have took my daughter whom is 8yrs old to the drs and has been diagnosed with buffalo hump she is not obbesse and i dont understand what has caused this can you tell me more about it and what should i do next please.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Obesity is the commonest cause of buffalo hump. Since your daughter is not obese other causes will have to be looked into such as kyphosis or bending of spine, Cushing’s disease, certain medications, pituitary tumor, hyperinsulinoma, and long term steroid therapy. It could also be a lipoma that is situated at the place where buffalo hump characteristically is seen.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
does she have abnormally pigmentation os the skin or puffy face. If so she may have cushing syndrome, it is usualy curable and is usually caused by a putuitary tumor or a primary adrenal gland dysfunction.
no she doesnt have a puffy face r skin pigmentation all she has is a hump on the back ov her neck, my drs have took pictures of the hump and is monotorin at the moment but im not happy shud i go back to the drs and demand him to do summit more
she isnt on any medication either