Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
bulging veins on breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

bulging veins on breast

I dont know really how to explain this one...i keep getting bulging like veins in my upper left breast (rope like) kinda starts at the bottom of my armpit to about an inch above the aereola (sp?) it comes and goes though..i may not have it for weeks, then all the sudden it flares up again...it scared me so i talked to my dr. about it but by the time i had my appt it wasnt there anymore...then i got the same thing on my right breast once. sometimes its painful and others only because i cant leave it alone, i constantly feel it and am aware of it. My first thought of course is breast cancer..but would it come and go like it does if it were? Has anyone experienced this?

I can’t think of a condition in which there’s such a temporary/fleeting engorgement of the veins of the breast. If it is not permanent, then I don’t think there’s much to be worried about. However, the one condition which I can think of resulting in an engorgement of the veins of the breast is subclavian vein obstruction which is a big vein responsible for draining the blood into the bigger central veins. However, in your case, I don’t think there’s anything to be worried about. However, if it happens again, it’ll be good to consult a surgeon.

Hope it helps and please do keep me posted.

Kind Rgds,

Although it is difficult to comments without examination, but painful, superficial veins which string-like subcutaneous cords on and around the breast are seen in  Mondor’s disease.
It is thrombophlebitis of the superficial veins of the thoracic and abdominal walls

The cause is not known but it can be initiated by initiated by trauma, infection, or surgery. If no apparent cause is present, then a mammogram is done to rule out cancer.

You should consult your doctor again for a complete evaluation and treatment.

Take care and do write in if you need more information.
Regards

A related discussion, engorged veins was started.