Avatar universal
i am sure my daughter has full blown bulimia, but i dont know how & where to get her help. she has had this for about 6 years. she is 28 years old no insurance, supporter of her family and is scared because its getting worse. have been to several drs. & have only gotten little advice as we live in a rural area with little avalible without traveling a great distance. looking for help!
Discussion is closed
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139

Bulimia is a psychological eating disorder. Bulimia is characterized by episodes of binge-eating followed by inappropriate methods of weight control (purging).Are these the symptoms that your daughter is having?

The treatment of choice for bulimia is cognitive-behavioral therapy.In addition, interpersonal psychotherapy and antidepressants also help.I sincerely advise you to consult and get your daughter evaluated for this.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your daughter is doing and if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.
Discussion is closed
351246 tn?1379685732
Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your daughter and poor medical facilities in your area. I can see you have been seeking medical help without any solution to your daughter’s problems. What you need is an eating disorder specialist, who is generally from the field of psychiatry or psychology. You could look up on the net for the specialists available in your area.

Also if she is eating too much, it could be due to diabetes too. Have you got her blood sugar tested?

What you can do is join some support groups, discuss your problems and try and find solutions. I am giving you a few links. You can find many more on the net.

The above link also has a list of sponsoring clinics. This is a non-profit organization. You could ask for a clinic nearest to you. A visit would be worth the trouble.




Hope this helps you solve your daughter’s problem. I think you should discuss this with your doctor and seek a referral for the specialist. Your daughter  may need to undergo blood tests to rule out diabetes. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Discussion is closed
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources