Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
bump in groin area that comes and goes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

bump in groin area that comes and goes

I've had a bump that comes and goes in my groin area, to the right of my pubic bone for over a year now. I've had one doctor tell me it's a hernia, one doctor tell me it's a swollen lymphnode and one not know what it is at all and want to do exploratory surgery.  It seems to be oblong in shape and it almost feels rubbery.  I've been tracking it for about a year now and it seems to show up every month during ovulation and stay for anywhere from 6 to 10 days.  It isn't terribly painful, but it is tender and very annoying at times. It will hurt to cough or sneeze.  I've had an ultrasound and a CT scan which both showed up negative. Of course, the bump wasn't there when I had either of these done, but I figured it would show something at least.  It just seems to come and go and I just want to know what it is and am very frustrated no one can give me an answer.  We're trying to get pregnant again and I don't know if this is something that will cause a problem during my pregnancy or not. I've had 2 surgeons tell me if it is a hernia to wait until after I was done having children to fix it.  Any insight would be appreciated.
Sounds like it could be an ovarian cyst. Everyone gets them, but they are normally small and go away with your monthly cycle.  You usually cannot see or feel them, so you may have something like polycystic ovarian syndrome or possibly endometriosis.  If you have troubles getting pregnant, I would see a fertility specialist, otherwise, I wouldn't stress too much if it goes away every month. It doesnt seem like anything to be alarmed about, but if it gets painful enough, you should go to the er in case it is in your tubes.  
It sure does sound like a hernia....but I think seeing your Gynecologist since your hormones seem to be affecting this.
I doubt it is a fatty tumor since they are small, but I did have a 9in fatty tumor removed from my buttock recently....it was weird.
that sounds like a lymohnode my brother used to get them in his private area also it come n goes to but the doctors didnt do anything bout his either. try to goggle it thats what i do when my doctors dont knwo wats wrong w me or my son. n getting pregnant yea u might want to wait it just might swell up since our bodys expand when were pregnant hope that helps some