Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
bumps breaking out on body
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bumps breaking out on body

I have been having these red bumps appear on my body for about 5 months now. The first one appeared on my left forearm which was not itchy but was quite large.  Then i developed about 3 more down the front of my neck and a about 2 on my chest. These slowly disappeared then i had 3 more slowly come out along my collar line. I then went to the doctor who said it was bug bites but they do not itch and they start out very slowly with some dry skin over about 2 or 3 weeks period then they develope into the red lump which also stays for a few weeks then they slowly start to go back down and leave a circular mark on my skin. After the first couple of months i started getting them on the top of my thighs and a couple on my calfs. I have also got 3 more on my right forearm and 1 on my left forearm and a couple near my armpit on the left hand side. I have had flu like symptoms for about a week with severe forearm and hand pains and some pain in my right waist area.  

I would like to know if anyone has similar symptoms or has been diagnosed with an illness that has similar symtoms (symptoms).
Tags: Skin, bumps, lumps
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the forum!
If you are on birth control pills and the rash or bump does not itch, it can also be a bruise. The other possibility is SLE. The rash can also be petechiae, which are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. They can result from autoimmune disorders, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, bone marrow disorders such as leukemia, inflammation of the veins, as a side effect of certain medications like birth control pills. Also since for a week you are having flu like symptoms, dengue, thrombophlebitis and hemorrhagic fevers should be ruled out. The only point that goes against the diagnosis of these three is the appearance of the bumps since last 5 months. Please discuss this with your doctor and show him the rash. A complete blood count, urine examination and a blood culture may be required to reach a diagnosis.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank