Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
burning bum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

burning bum

I have a burning just inside my bum which is pretty bad especially when i sit down.  I do eat a lot of chilli but in the past it has only burnt my bum on the way out for a little time.  Now it feels like there is a rock which has been sitting in a fire inside my bum.  I went to a doc a couple of months ago and he put his finger in there and couldnt feel nothing abnomal.  The pain went away for a bit but it is back now and worse.  I sit down a lot as I am a bus driver and it is obvioulsy prooving hard to get motivated to got to work.  I have read the wiping bum answer too much and the worms for itchy and ruled them out.    I dont want to go to another doc and have him stick his finger up my bum and just say there is nothing there.  Is this some kind of a mystery ???

This discussion is related to Unknown Burning Pain in Colon.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Worms are the commonest cause of anal itch. Scratching repeatedly can cause sores. Itchy anus can also be due to undigested food like citrus fruits, grapes, certain spices, tomatoes, certain medicines like antibiotics and laxatives and certain drinks like beer, milk, tea, or coffee. Anal fissures, hemorrhoids, threadworms can all cause anal itch. Itch can also be due to irritants like synthetic fiber, toiletries or fungal infection. Genital warts and sores of herpes should also be ruled out. Eczema, dermatitis and fungal infection can also cause this. You need to consult a skin specialist for confirmed diagnosis. Your PCP too can help run basic tests like stool examination and STD swab tests for herpes and genital warts. Take care!
Chili is definitely out for you. It could be piles as you do a lot of sitting. all strong spices can do the same. stop spicey food . if this does not help I would strongly advice another visit to maybe another docter