Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
burning in chest after neck surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning in chest after neck surgery

a month ago I had surgery on C4-C5 and C5-C6 with an incision in the front. My throat felt like it was swollen inside and like it was closing up so the Doctor put me on steroids the day after surgery and was on them for a week. Four days ago the pain came back worse than ever. I have a burning pain in the sternum that goes up to the throat. My throat feels like it is closing and the pressure above the chest area feels as if someone is standing on it. When i eat or drink anything it gets worse. Lying down makes it worse and so does walking. Because I went through 15 yrs of seeing doctors because of the tremendous amount of pain I had from my neck with headaches causing seizures and was always told I had fibromyalgia or suffered from depression, I am burnt out from seeing Doctors. Over the years and after having surgery on my kidney, bladder and other organs I was still in severe pain but constantly thrown medication. I started losing all feeling in my hands and arms and couldn't get myself out of bed anymore. Finally, a diagnosis @47 yrs old...I had spinal compression and after the Doctor performed surgery  was told my neck was that of a 90 yr old. I still have other problems but the feeling in the throat and chest is taking over everything. can something have gotten damaged during surgery? I can't take living in pain anymore. I've suffered for so long and now when i thought I had a chance of being pain free, I have this to deal with.
Tags: Neck