burning sensation
I have been experiencing a burning sensation focused in the back area of my knee left leg.  It is a deep pain that runs up my leg and into my buttock.  It also has a numbing sensation.   I have a hard time getting my leg comfortable sitting a my desk or at sleep.  I was thinking I pull a tenton after I went horseback riding since it was my stirup leg.  I have been doing stretching and flexing the leg and muscles but this doesn't seem to remendy it.

I do know what the sciatic nerve pain is like and this is not the same type of pain.

I sure would like to know or have an idea what this may be.   Your help is appreciated.

Burning sensation along with numbness means that there is entrapment or compression of a nerve.From the symptoms that you have described,it sounds like sciatic nerve compression. Sciatica is a symptom not a diagnosis It is a non-specific term commonly used to describe symptoms of pain radiating downward from the buttock over the posterior or lateral side of the lower limb.

Imaging methods such as MR Neurography may help in diagnosis. You can take OTC pain killers like brufen,do some stretching exercises and yoga and maintain a correct upright posture while sitting.Severe cases may require nerve surgery.I would advise you to get MR neurography done and also get ruled out other possibilities of diabetes and nerve entrapment.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.