burning sensation in foot
I have a burning sensation in my right foot on the side and around my ankle that is moving up the side of my leg. There is a little swelling in the foot and ankle. Any idea what this could be?
Have you gone to a chiropractor lately?  I had a burning sensation like that in my big toe and it was caused by overuse of a heating pad and my foot and hip/back area in the Lumbar region needed to be adjusted.  Just a thought...
My condition is similar. I encourage you to see a neurologist for an accurate assessment. My condition is a neuropathy (nerve damaage). It might also be raynaud’s syndrome, or Acrocyanosis.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Deep vein thrombosis, inflammation of veins, skin infection or cellulitis, peripheral neuropathy of diabetes and inflammation of muscle tendons could be the cause. The best thing would be to consult a general practitioner or PCP and try and assess what is the cause of your problem. Then proper referral for concerned specialist can take things further and get you proper treatment. Take care!
Thanks so much for your responses. The pain has finally subsided but I will keep your response in mind if it should happen again.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.