burping and numbness after gall bladder removal
Hi there,
I had my infected gall bladder removed last week.  A few months ago, I had been very ill and hospitalised. Ten months after diagnosis, I was allowed surgery with the NHS in England U.K.
The largest stone was the size of a tennis ball and therefore key hole surgery could not be performed.  
I now have a scar running from the centre of my chest, curving down to my lower right rib.  Above the scar, I have normal sensation when touching the skin, however, below the scar is numb and this numbness continues down towards my navel, gradually increasing to normal sensitivity.  

I am perplexed by this as it feels all wrong and quite uncomfortable.  Do you think the surgeon has severed nerve endings during the cutting of my skin, or is this normal after surgery?

Also, now, I have no sensation of hunger but every single thing I do try to drink or eat, I find myself having to burp several times, afterwards.
For example, this morning for breakfast I ate a plain fresh banana and I burped at least 4 times, then after that I had a cup of coffee and I started burping again.  3 hours later I am still burping and havent had anything else to eat since.

I have never had to burp anything like this before in my life.  I realise, that now life without my gall bladder will be a little bit different, but really did not expect to feel this constant sensation of burpy gas feeling in my stomach, nor a numb skin under my scar.  
Is there any hope of all this gradually going away or will I have to just put up with it forever?
I am quite down about it, to be honest.
Scrunchie
alls i know is my mother had her galbladder out years ago and she says she burps all the time.  anyhoo i dont think its anything to worry about.  good luck
A related discussion, Burping after Gallbladder Surgery was started.