butt hurts
Okay, this is really gross, but...for the past couple of weeks, my anus has been really hurting.  It feels like it's really sore, and almost like there are little cuts in there.  It hurts when I go to the bathroom as well..there's nothing there that I can see, but it feels like the way it feels when you take a really painful ****.  Sorry to be so graphic, but that's how it feels.  Help!  What is this??
you probably have hemmorids inside the colon or polops.Go see a gastrointerologist for a colonoscopy. He or she can tell you what it is.
anal fistula or peri-anal abscess is other common anal diseases that can cause pain.
they are often diagnosed by colon-rectum surgeon.
Good luck

Are you having any other associated symptoms of bleeding, itching, mucoid discharge, etc?

This could be secondary to anal fissures, hemorrhoids, warts due to human papillloma virus, moles, or in rare cases due to rectal cancer.

'An anal fissure is an unnatural crack or tear in the anus skin. As a fissure, these tiny tears may show as bright red rectal bleeding and cause severe periodic pain after defecation.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure

and

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anal-fissure/DS00762

'Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. This condition is known as a thrombosed external hemorrhoid.

In addition, excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may cause irritation with bleeding and/or itching, which may produce a vicious cycle of symptoms. Draining mucus may also cause itching.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid

It would be best to consult a surgeon for your symptoms to find out the cause of your complaints.

Till then you could try eating a high-fiber diet, using stool softener, taking pain killer and having a sitz bath for your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site, keep the area clean and well moisturized, wear lose, comfortable clothes and maintain good personal hygiene.

Let us know if you need any other information. Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
Sorry you're in pain.  Kinda know what pain your'e in.....have had a couple of gluteal abcesses for the past few months.  Both were from same 'site'....very (very) close to the anus.  Seems you have even more pain than I had though....I feel for you....take doc's advice and let us know how you get on.