Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
can you help me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

can you help me?

I am a 19 years old female having lower abdominal pain and urinary frequency. The pain is constant but usually goes after about 3rd day of menstruation and returns about after 10-15 days, it also goes away after urination for sometime and then again returns back. I was having UTI about 8 months ago after the first time I was sexually active (I am not sexually active now). Then it was treated by antibiotics but after about a month I started to have urinary frequency and mild pain in my lower abdomen. The problem was not very severe so I thought it will go away soon. Now even after so long time the problem has still not gone. I thought it might be UTI again so I went for urine test but no bacteria was found in the urine instead the doctor said that there were 100-150 rbc in the urine sample. I then did a pelvic exam which found out that it was not due to chymildia or gonorrea. I did some online research and found out that most of the IC patients are having similar problem as I am having but I don't any feel burning sensation during urination except when I drink soda containing caffene. Caffene intake increases the pain as well as urinary frequency. My doctor has adviced me to do an ultrasound to check if it is ovarian cancer but before going for an ultrasound I want to rule out all the other possible reasons for my problem. What should I do?

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Your symptoms can be due to cystitis or urinary bladder infection, UTI, kidney stones and also due to cancers (bladder, kidney). A CT scan of the abdomen would be more fruitful. I am not sure what pelvic examination you had—vaginal swabs? But a complete STD panel should be done. Urine should be cultured to know if there is any organism causing this. Clotting disorders, diabetes, hypertension etc can all involve kidney and cause blood in urine. Hence all these possibilities should be ruled out. Take care!

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
you can take a cranberry supplement which can help, but I would try to stay calm about it. I can't imagine what to do, but it could be kidney stones. Did they look into that?
I had done the urine culture to check if it is UTI or bladder infection or not but the results were negative. There was no bacteria in the sample. The doctor said that it might be kidney stone but as I dont feel any pain in the back, it might not be kidney stone. I will be going for the urine test again to check if there is still rbc in the urine.
Thank you for the reply.
I have not done any test for the kidney stones as I was not having back pain(which is a symptom of kidney stone) but I think I will have to check for that as well.
Thank you for the suggestion.