Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
chest, back, and arm pains after panic attacks.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chest, back, and arm pains after panic attacks.

Hello, I have been tapering off of ativan for two months now, about to end my taper in a week. I was on it for only two months, 1mg a day. I've had many serious panic attacks during withdrawal, twice I went to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack because the attack was so strong. every thing checked out fine, I'm 25 don't smoke, get light exercise daily and am at optimal weight. ekg, blood, electrolyte, enzymes, thyroid everything was fine. Finally I realized that the anxiety medication was antagonizing it and decided to taper off of it. I've been having serious panic attacks nearly every day since the taper has gotten lower as well as other common withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms listed in the ashton manual, i realize these are all common during withdrawal. Unfortunately my panic attacks, make my chest and arms tense up, and during the day my chest almost consistently hurts, sharp and dull pains in the middle and left part of my chest, and in my spine, also running down into my elbows and fingers. sometimes my fingers will go numb, sometimes the chest pain turns into a 1 or 3 quick shocks and then go away. I've seen alot of the doctor lately and they usually just tell my i'm fine, any idea what could be causing this or if its need for concern.