chest pain, shortness of breath
I have been getting chest pain and shortness of breath for 6 months now.  I was in hospital in february for 1 week due to this.  The first few days i was in the pain was that bad i had to have morphine.  The pain and shortness of breath is mainly on exertion and the dr suggested angina and am on many tablets.  I am slowly getting worse and can only walk 200 yds without stopping.
But as its not a definitive diagnosis im stumped. Ive only had ecgs done and blood tests.  few ocasions the troponin level was raised and ecg have been abnormal.  
No one seems to have any answers.  
Do you have any other symptoms as well? Have you had any other tests besides the blood work and ECG? Have you had an EKG? Have you had any previous illness or surgery within this past year? Have you been tested for Asthma or had a pulmonary function test? You could have exercise induced asthma. Do you have high blood pressure? Do you have any dizziness,headache, fatique, or heart palpitations? Does your heart race at all? Are you overweight or underweight? Any joint symptom as well? Have you also had a chest xray? If there is anything you can think of that is differant or had changed please add that as well. I hope I can help you or give you some ideas. I had been having alot of shortness of breath as well and did alot of research plus I love to do that as well. Part me thinks I should have been a doctor! I love to research. I think its great for patients to be proactive about their health. I always research my car problems as well. Its best to be knowledgable. I think you get treated better. Hope to hear from you!
I have had no other tests apart from the ones i mentioned.  no previous illness or surgery just my long term ones.  Not been tested for anything.  Have had high bllod pressure.  i am overweight.  no joint symptoms.  Had chest x ray- was normal.

The gtn spray works that they gave me.  The pain also radiates to my neck and arm and have felt sick with it.  no tenderness there.  

Long term illness- PCOS (insulin resistant) Depression, keratoconus
Have you been tested for Pulmonary Hypertension? Here are the symptoms yet not all of them you need or get right away. I first thought about this when I first read your post, especially the part about it effecting you on exersion. Anyway, please read this.

The signs and symptoms of pulmonary hypertension are subtle in the early stages of the disease and may not be noticeable for months or even years. As the disease progresses, signs and symptoms become worse. They include:

Shortness of breath (dyspnea), either while exercising or at rest
Fatigue
Dizziness or fainting spells (syncope)
Chest pressure or pain
Swelling (edema) in your ankles, legs and eventually in your abdomen (ascites)
Bluish color to your lips and skin (cyanosis)
Racing pulse or heart palpitations
hi im also getting chest pain left arm  pain heart palpatations with just doing house work  i feel so weak i need to lay down my heart goes up to 170 bpm just on standing this is making me really sick ive had this since pregnancy ive had stress tests ehocardiagram sestamibi stress test they cant find anything just heart beat that goes high . let me know how you go with your tests . all best fairy.