chest pain and upset stomach
two nights ago I suddenly started having chest pains. it's right in the center of my chest, but lower, sort of at the bottom of my lungs. it's a sudden stabbing pain that only lasts a few seconds, but recurs randomly throughout the day, sometimes coming in spells and sometimes leaving me alone for a good hour or so before striking again. i've also had a persistent upset stomach since the pain started, at first it made me nausous but that's lessened.

i don't know if it's related at all, but it all started around the same time i got a toothache that's still lingering but mostly just feels sore up in the top of my gums now. probably unrelated but thought i'd throw it out there anyway.
Do you get the pain after you've been lying down or eating?  GERD could be causing the mid epigastric pain if this is the case, especially if you have heartburn as well.  If the symptoms persist I would go see your doctor.
well, I was eating when it first started happening... but since then, it actually seems to get more frequent and painful when i'm hungry, and goes away for a while after I eat. it's odd.
I too have had the same problem for about 11 months now. Really sucks, i know. I can go to bed feeling fine, wake up and my stomach almost has a nervous feeling, etc. Once I eat it goes away, been taking nexium for about 5 weeks. So far i've only seen a tad of improvement, but some is def better than none.