Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
chest pain hurts to touch

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

chest pain hurts to touch

I have chest pain, and pain in other parts of my body. But the chest pain hurts to touch. I had an x-ray and ekg and bloodwork and it was all ok. What could be wrong?
  • Chest Pain (3 replies):
    I have pain in the left side of my chest, and it hurts w...[more]
  • chest pain (1 replies):
    for about 2 hours today when ever i laughed or breathed ...[more]
  • persisten chest soreness (2 replies):
    Hi, for past 2 or 3 weeks (don't remember exactly why...[more]
  • pain (1 replies):
    i woke up with a sharp pain on my upper left side and it...[more]
  • Chest pain (3 replies):
    I'm having major pains in my upper, center part of my ch...[more]
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning and deep breathing goes more in favor of costochondritis, which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. It can also be muscle pull. Shingles can also start this way.
Since you also have widespread aches and pains, it could be fibromyalgia aggravating costochondritis.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
I have heard that fibromylgia (fibromyalgia) is painful to the touch. You mentioned other places with pain, maybe a test for this would help.
  If your work involves leaning over something that hits you chest high, could it be causing the painful spot? Those two came to mind, I hope these and suggestion from others help you solve this problem.
I was just at the emergency room for this and they just did an ekg and blood work...the top part of my chest close to my arms was very sensitive to touch they said i could have some pulled muscles or it could be swollen and possibly told me i could have fibyromyalgia..its frustrating when people tell you it could be this or it could be this...also due to stress? The best thing to do they told me is to take anti inflammatory med. and see if it helps and go to your dr. and hopefully they can figure it out