chills,upset stomach, diarehha at night
about 5 months ago i started waking up sometime between 11:45- 2:30 with an upset stomach which within 5-10gave me diarehha and nausea followed by severe chills this whole episode lasts 45min-to ann hour and then is gone.it will happen every few weeks. the worst part is chills i cant stop them. im ahealthy person i eat very well i exercise dont smoke or drink. this all did start after a couple months of using a colon cleanser with senna. i didnt know that they wernt for long term use seeing i lost about 25lbs while i was using the cleanser. often now during the day ill get an upset after eating i will get an upset stomach and have to go to the bathroom and take some antacids to relive the feelings??? any ideas did i do some stomach damage or to my intestines with the use of senna?i have stopped but the symptoms still occur.

This discussion is related to Night time chills, nausea and diarrhea .
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The symptoms could be due to inflammatory bowel conditions such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease (gluten intolerance), lactose intolerance or IBS or irritable bowel syndrome. Severe acidity with gastric reflux can also be a cause and so also hiatal hernia.
I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system). It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.