chronic vomiting in child
My 9 year old son has vomited off/on for years with no apparent reason.  We've thought it was due to his eating too fast and try and slow him down.  He usually has not symptoms prior to the vomiting except he says he feels "jaw pain" 10 seconds before and knows he has to run to the restroom to vomit.  He is otherwise very healthy.  The vomiting occurs about once a week to once every other week.  Yesterday, he had speghetti for dinner and key lime pie for dessert.  He sat down to watch tv for about 15 minutes, then jumped up and ran to the restroom to throw up.  Please help us find the problem, we are starting to worry because it is not subsiding with age.  
I have an 8 year old boy i use to babysit that has a simialr problem. Check out Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, it is a cycle of vomiting that can come and go. It could last a week or months and then suddenly go away. Go to a Pediatric Gastroenterologist they are the best people to help you and your son!
Thanks for your recommendations!!!!!
I had a daughter who vomited for years. Turned out to partially be food allergies, but as a young adult when they tested her gallbladder, it was misshapen and didn't not function hardly at all. Almost nothing was flwing as it should. No stones. Having her gallbladder removed fixed about 75% of her extreme symptoms, of first feeling hot and flushed then came the vomiting. Based on her symptoms, I'd say her gallbladder has NEVER functioned properly. Even as a baby we were constantly changing formulas due to vomiting. They just don't usually think of it being the gallbladder in a child. Worth asking the doctor about and gettting tested for food allergies - and keep a diary of what foods preceded an event.
yes i agree with Johnson9906. cyclic vomiting syndrome has the very same symptoms that your son is experiencing. i also agree with going to see a pediatric gastroenterologist. that would be a great deal of help. good luck to you and your son!
Hi, I was just up doing some research on CVS and came across your post. I have a 22 y/o son who was diagnosed with CVS or cyclic vomiting syndrome after YEARS of him being ill enough to be hospitalized on the avg approx 27 days annually. I don't want to sound discouraging, but this is a rare and commonly overlooked/misunderstood disease that at best is debilitating during a cyle. My son has now been "hospital free" for EXACTLY one year, though he has had episodes we've learned how to (with medication) stop episodes during what is called the "prodrome" stage. There is no known cure for this disease, not is there a known cause. Treatment consists of relieving or alleviating the symptoms. I can't fully explain in a post, but if you're interested in learning you can google "EMPIRIC GUIDELINES FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF CYCLIC VOMITING SYNDROME" or go to http://www.cvsaonline.org