cold all the time after heart bypass
I had quadruple heart bypass in August 2004. Since that time I am freezing to death. I am cold all the time. I feel like I am sitting in a tub of ice water. I have been to 5 different doctors and none of them can find anything wrong. I have had all kinds of test done and they all came back good. I am 73 years old and have to stay in bed most of the time.

Has anyone experience this feeling and what did you do about it?
Hi - My dad had quadruple by pass in 1998 - and he is cold all the time, too.  Now when I say cold - I mean chilly...not freezing the way you describe.  I know that my dad takes blood thinners - do you take those as well?  I really don't have any idea what it could be but I wanted to let you know that others out there are going through the same thing...sorry I couldn't help - but hang tight, there will most likely be someone on this forum that can lead you in the right direction.  Good luck to you!
any type of blood thinner will cause you to be more sensitive to cold and heat when someone has surgery it does affect circulation for awhile.  Has your doctor ruled out thyroid disease as well as diabetes alot of people can develope diabetes after surgery my mother did again talk to doctor.  Good luck