collapsing
My two sons keep collapsing.
one of them has been collasins 2 and a half years.
He collapses but cannot remember anything afterwards.
He has had a lot of tests done but the doctors havent come up with an answer.
My second son collapses but his eyes are wide open but have no reaction.
He remembers everything and can hear everything that is going on around him.
But lately its getting worse. hes collapsing up to 8 times a day.
And some times he is actually walking as if in a trance nearly walking out under cars and into lamposts.
He has had many tests done but can find nothing wrong. My wife and I are going out of our minds.
My sons ages are 29 and 26 years old
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
In your first son's case, it sounds more like an epilepsy attack. The EEG can be normal but yet, the attack is possible. I suggest you take a video clipping of the attack for both your sons and show this to a neurologist. Often the presentation is diagnostic.
In your second son's case, it can be the stress of his brother suffering from this. Hence a psychological assessment is needed. MS can run in families and needs to be ruled out. Sleep related disorder is another possibility that should be evaluated, especially for your second son. It an also be due to pinched cervical spinal nerve. Brain injuries, tumors, transient ischemic attacks and bleed in the brain. Hypoglycemia, severe anemia and vasovagal attacks are common causes of such falls.
Please discuss all this with their treating doctor. Take care!
Have they had brain scans? Sounds like a phychictric problem close to sleep walking. Look for anything that's around them every time it happens, a perfume, food, type of metal, etc. Seems as though the doctors are looking too deep or not deep enough. My friend also has episodes like those and can be triggered by a number of things like certain chemicals or food colourings (like an epileptic person can be triggered by lights). Look for any links you can find and research it as much as you can. The best of luck to you all
Possible answer is blood pressure problems or possibly being animic make them go to the drs