Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
collarbone swollen glands

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

collarbone swollen glands

I have a very enlarged area directly over my left side of my collorbone, it appears to ne a swollen gland, the other side of my neck area is slightly swolllen but the left side is definitly large. It is swollen in the area just above my collor bone and directly under left side of neck. Now it has come and gone for the last several months and each time it gets enlarged it is painless but everyone notices it and I seem to always feel dizzy with general ill feeling, but no other symtons. I went to dr and he said oh thats not a gland, it is an area that may swell when infection in heart or stomach. What? He ordered a chest xray and referred me to a gastroenterologist. When I asked why would he refer me there he siad for some test and lets not worry til you get the tests done.He already tested for thyroid, and it was fine. I do have diabetes and high blood pressure, of which both my sugars and pressure are currently under control with insulin and meds.
My question is what possible illnesses could be related to the reason this neck(gland are) would swell like it has been? Just any possible answers would help. Thanks  
Avatar n tn
oh and I also forgot to mention that I have this on going metallic taste in my mouth, which he does not seem to know what it was, he thought it may be mercury from the prescribed fish pills but I stopped taking them and still the same taste. no odar, just on the side of my tongue I get this metalic taste.
Welcome to the forum!
There is a chance that you have hiatal hernia and a gastric reflux. The reflux can cause a metallic taste in the mouth and the hernia can push up the heart and lung when the stomach moves through the diaphragm into the chest cavity. Such a swelling will appear and disappear as yours is doing. Tumors, localized blood collection etc will not cause a swelling that comes and goes. Another swelling that can come and go is a lymph node. This however has a well defined outline.
Your doctor is probably right in referring you to a gastroenterologist.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!