Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
concerned and frustrated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

concerned and frustrated

Well Iam 32 yrs ,and a mother a four.Since I was young Ive dealed with kidney infections ,and UTI's .In 2007 My last child was born ,and thats when my problems began.I started having frequent bowel movements,and then having diarrhea all the time.Sometimes especially right after I ate food.I went to a dr.,and he told me I needed to lose weight.Well I weighed 180 in 2007 ,and now in 2010 Im 125 lbs.Well I lost the weight.The dr always say oh nothings wrong,or your too young.I do get abdominal pain .2008 was my worst yr.Loss of appettite,bad abdominal pain,diarrhea,dizziness,heart palpations,but in 2009 my appettite increased the pain decreased.and no more diarrhea,but Im still not gaining weight .I do eat sometimes not the good stuff.Now I get pain on my calfs, I still get right flank pain which I know already I have kidney damage ,but my kidney dr.says the same nothing is wrong.My blood work is always ok.I go to a dr soon ,but I really feel that I will be told the same thats why I stop seeing a dr for about a year now .I feel I keep hearing the same stuff over and over.I dont think losing all this weight is normal.Please someone help.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There is a possibility that you have inflammatory bowel conditions such as IBS, Crohn’s, Celiac disease, lactose or any other food intolerance or ulcerative colitis. You Need to consult a GI doctor. A number of times a gastroenterologist is able to diagnose these conditions by clinical examination and detailed medical history. At other times a few tests are conducted. Blood tests to rule out anemia, stool test to look for white blood cells, sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy etc are used to diagnose ulcerative colitis. Braium meal and follow through, endoscopy etc are done to rule out GERD, Crohn’s disease etc. Irritable bowel syndrome is diagnosed by elimination of other causes. Gluten is a complex protein present in four main grains---wheat, rye, barley and oats. If you have gluten intolerance, then you probably have celiac disease or Non Celiac gluten sensitivity. There are blood tests called celiac test to detect gluten intolerance. Crohn’s disease is a difficult entity to diagnose. Along with gut symptoms skin disorders and arthritis too are commonly seen with Crohn’s. An upper GI series using barium dye is done to see the condition of small intestines. The degree of involvement of the large and small intestine may vary from person to person.  A biopsy is the most confirmatory.
An elevated ESR does confirm inflammation in the body. Low protein, minerals and iron in blood are the other findings in Crohn’s which may or may not be present. A recent advancement in Crohn’s diagnosis is video capsule endoscopy.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for your information.Well I went to the dr ,and I found out I am anemic.WOW....and there doing all these labs work to see what is causing  this.Especially labs being done with my kidney like a 24 hr urine collection, and an ultrasound of  my kidney.Why are they doing all these tests for do you think it could be kidney failure.