Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
confusion with dizziness and shaky

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

confusion with dizziness and shaky

I have sufferred from panic attacks since I was eight years old, so I know that it is not that.  But feels similar, but more scary.  Just now I was driving down the road in my town that I know like the back of my hand.  When all of a sudden I wasn't sure where I was, I got on the interstate and my body started shaking, I was numb in my face and lips and mouth, and I felt like I shoudln't be driving.  I am home now, but very very shaky inside, feel a little confused and dizzy, kind of feels like I am in a dream...
Have you had your blood sugar checked? could be hypoglycemic reaction, also thyroid can cause these feelings. hope this helps.
I too have lived with a panic disorder for well over 20 years now. Has your physician checked your Cortisol levels recently? Cortisol is released during an attack of panic, so realistically, it should be elevated above normal limits. It would be interesting to know what your levels were during this said episode. The symptoms of panic don't always follow the same pattern that we become familiar with and everything you describe about your experience in the car, screams of panic.
I have to take medication to control my attacks and I also carry an emergency medication that dissolves under my tongue that I use if I begin to feel shaky. You don't say whether or not you use medication to help control your condition. It may just be that you need to adjust the dosage, which is something you should discuss with your physician.
Having your thyroid and blood sugar checked is also a very good idea, just to rule out other causes for your experience, but monitoring your Cortisol levels is also very important.
Hope this helps

TracyLyn,  
                 So sorry for what you are going through. i have a condition called Ototoxicity which makes you feel off balance, out of sorts. and yes I've had my share of Panic Attacks and still get them. I have felt the same as you too. It just comes out of nowhere, but I just talk my way through it. Are you on any meds? I'm sure you have been to the Dr.with this haven't you? I see my Dr. once every 3 months and go over everything. She makes sure she does Labs, urine and keep up on the paps etc. I'm anemic too, so I always have something on hand to shove in my mouth, Chocolate, take some orange juice with you if you know your'e going to be on the road, they also have these chewable orange tablets at the drugstores that you can get for low blood sugar, just ask the pharmacist. But don't think your'e alone. We're here with you. I have survived all these years and never thought I'd make it without going crazy, but I haven't. I do have to have someone drive with me alot of times if its a long drive. It all sounds so stupid, but it's how you feel. Take Care and Good Luck to you.