constant itchy foot
hi, for the past year or so, I have had various problems with only my left foot. I have experienced itching, peeling, dryness, small blisters, callouses, and redness on my left foot but never on my right foot. I have tried all sorts of creams including ones for athletes foot but I have no idea why it doesn't go away. I changed my shoes and socks daily so I have no idea why this keeps happening
hello,i hav read your message,try to wash ur foot regulary after removing your pair of socks with luke warm water with some drops of anti-septic solution in it for 10 to 15 minutes, and clean it with your personal towel, and than apply cream.....
and take proper rest because this problem of yours is because of excess walking or standing at work timings
The two most common causes of that type of symptom would be athletes foot or an eczema (dermatitis), an irritation to the skin from some kind of external factor.
If it were a reaction to an external factor I suspect it would be occurring on both feet.  So without actually examining you I will lean towards athletes foot.
Two things must be accomplished to control athletes foot.  1. you must change the environment of your foot, meaning you have to try to keep it dry and clean, as fungus thrive in moist environments.  This means washing and drying your feet daily, changing socks possibly during the day and avoiding high top boots, if you can.  2. most people never use their topical antifungal medication long enough.  No matter how good the foot looks or feels, you need to apply your medication for a minimum of 5-6 weeks, if not, some of the fungus may still exist in your foot and the problem will come right back.

Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Consult a skin specialist to rule out psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, eczema, fungal infection or dry skin patch. Just applying creams will not help unless the treatment is targeted against a specific cause. Take care!
A related discussion, Extremely Itchy feet was started.